Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auto Sampler is on the bus!

Comments

• External input only. Toy.

• edited March 2014

• It's a bugbear of mine. Devs keep adding Audiobus to apps with an audio input and making them input slot only, when it's obvious that they would be greatly enhanced by being effects slot capable.

• edited March 2014

• Even BeepStreet are guilty of this with Impaktor. They cited latency issues with the input audio, but they don't seem to understand that if you're feeding in a recorded signal and the output is delayed, it's all delayed by the same amount, so you can line the recorded output up by hand later on. Cubasis will soon have latency compensation anyway.

• I don't have a bug or a bear :(

• @paulb Labeling something a toy because it doesn't support Audiobus input might be the silliest thing I've seen you say.

• @PaulB Where did you hear about latency compensation coming to Cubasis? :-)

• edited September 2013

It was included in last update. In settings is Output Latency. MIDI Clock latency compensation slider.

• edited September 2013

@syrupcore Stick around, it won't be for long. (It was effects slot, but I knew what you meant)

@mgmg4871 Oh cool. I knew I'd seen it somewhere, but I was imagining something different. Lol

• Oh, just the MIDI Clock latency compensation..... I come from the realm of desktops, where PDC is a very important thing, and thought it might be something to do with that......but then again, didn't they say IAA has zero latency? If so, there is no latency to worry about compensating.... As long as audiotracks and midi are compensated in such a way to keep sync, IAA with zero latency makes everything a moot point in iOS audio. :-) I guess I didn't think that one through before now. :-)

• edited September 2013

It would be cool if this also handled velocity switching based on input signal level. And even cooler if it would allow me to export the sample mappings as a soundfont or something.

@paulb (I didn't mention a slot. 'audiobus input' vs 'external input')

• Has anyone tried autoSampler with Audiobus yet it keeps coming up with a very dubious error
    Message when it's launched.

• Probably because it's not a toy...

• Anyone know what's new with this? I am intrigued by its potential but not sure if I need it if that potential isn't being tapped...