Audiobus: Use your music apps together.
What is Audiobus? — Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.Download on the App Store
Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.
Post your tips to get the most out of your system.
Many of us are still using the iPad2 or iPad Mini to do music. What are tips and tricks that you are using to get the most out of your device (while waiting for an iPad5 or iPad6) ;-)
- Increase latency (for example, go from 256 to 512)
- Make sure all background apps are closed
- Reduce polyphony in your synthesizer a little bit (for example from 6 notes to 4 notes) to reduce CPU usage
- Combine and Bounce tracks of a large project to a new project using less tracks
- If your Host allows it, Freeze tracks whenever possible
- Rather than using insert effects, use AUX bus effects
- Use 16bit/44.1khz instead of 24bit/96khz
- If you don't have enough power to Audiobus record a part straight to your DAW, use something lighter such as AudioShare or Multitrack DAW to Audiobus record your part, and then ACP that part to your song in your DAW.