Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Longing for an SFZ Sample player AU!

Am I the only one wanting a dedicateded quality SFZ player? AU, Audiobus and universal.

I would be happy to pay for an app like that!!!

Comments

• You can convert SFZ to SF2 and open it with bs-16i (which apparently will become an AU soon)

• +1 this would be sick...

• @yug said:
    You can convert SFZ to SF2 and open it with bs-16i (which apparently will become an AU soon)

The AU news is great!

• @yug said:
    You can convert SFZ to SF2 and open it with bs-16i (which apparently will become an AU soon)

But with SF2 in bs-16i I lose features like release and sustain samples, as far as I am aware of.

Still - bs-16i is a nice app and AU would be great!

• Someone suggested to sample you favorite large file Soundfonts in BM3 then you don't have to use so much Ram on iPad. I haven't tried it but wanna learn for sure.

• @kagamul said:

@yug said:

But with SF2 in bs-16i I lose features like release and sustain samples, as far as I am aware of.

Still - bs-16i is a nice app and AU would be great!

Yes, SF2 is inferior to SFZ. I'm ok with it, I use my ipad as a scratchpad and finish everything on a desktop computer where I can use SFZ and VST instruments.

I remember the Auria Pro developer had plans to re-create Lyra as a standalone SFZ/EXS sample player but I don't know if he actually is working on it.

• I use Lyra and I like it! A standalone version would be great, though I fear the Wavemachine Labs team is so small that they have their hands full with Auria.

I'd like a standalone sample player for performing. And it would be cool if it also worked on an iPhone.

• Caustic too can open SFZ sample sets but I don't know if it supports every SFZ feature as Auria Pro does. But it does work on an iPhone

• Oh - I'll have to take a look at caustic then!

Thanks!

• edited March 2018

Can someone guide me on the best way to convert SFZ files to SF2 to use in BS-16i? I've got a ton of SFZ instruments I want to use in there. Like an idiot I pulled the trigger on the app not realizing there was a difference between SFZ and SF2.

- it's like amateur hour over here sometimes....

Anyway - if someone could help me out. My previous attempts haven't been very successful.

• @dvlmusic said:
    Can someone guide me on the best way to convert SFZ files to SF2 to use in BS-16i? I've got a ton of SFZ instruments I want to use in there. Like an idiot I pulled the trigger on the app not realizing there was a difference between SFZ and SF2.

- it's like amateur hour over here sometimes....

Anyway - if someone could help me out. My previous attempts haven't been very successful.

http://polyphone-soundfonts.com/en/

• I tried that earlier and while BS-16i could see the sf2 files I created it couldn't play them. I get the feeling it's more human error than anything else...

• @dvlmusic said:
    I tried that earlier and while BS-16i could see the sf2 files I created it couldn't play them. I get the feeling it's more human error than anything else...

Maybe try with the smallest sfz and covert that. I think sf2 players on iOS have trouble with the big sound font files.

• bs-16i got some update some time ago, did you retest?

• @tja said:
    bs-16i got some update some time ago, did you retest?

I just bought it 2 days ago - I assumed that was post update.

No luck so far but I'll keep trying. My own impatience may have just cost me $8.

I know better too... I'll just have to find a use for this...

• Make sure your samples are WAVs. Polyphone does not support AIFF so you may need to convert your samples and edit the SFZ file

• Not exact request, there are a bunch of soundfonts as IAP's inside Audio Evolution Mobile, from the Digital Sound Factory. I'm gonna try and see about importing an external, not sure that's possible.f you load up a MIDI Instrument track you can use the default SF2, and there are 2 additional free ones to download.