Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What are your favorite APE SOFT apps?

I am doing all Ape Soft sessions and forgot how amazing these apps really are putting some serious time with them tonight.

What Ape Soft apps do you love and why?

Comments

• MOOD! Cuz this...

(Been meaning to photoshop them playing instruments)

• I'm kinda partial to iPulsaret cause cool shit seems to happen whenever I mess with it. Caint control it, caint use what comes out in a track, don't care- it's fun and it sounds cool.

• edited August 2017

Mood iPulsaret iDensity ape filter iVCS3
    Cause attention to detail,sound and modulation!

• I'm always in the mood for Mood, so good.

iVCS3 confounds me.

And I have ApeFilter which is great but I've been using VirSyn BarkFilter more lately as it's more straight forward.

Just waiting for a future Black Friday sale or some such and will snap up the granular apps.

• Mood. I clicked with it as soon as I fired up the beta. It has its flaws (a bit of a 'smeary' sound, pretty weak filter) but I get near-instant joy and productivity out of it whenever I fire it up.

• I've been throwing different types of samples into Sparkle. Yum.

• @noisefan said:
    I'm always in the mood for Mood, so good.

iVCS3 confounds me.

And I have ApeFilter which is great but I've been using VirSyn BarkFilter more lately as it's more straight forward.

Just waiting for a future Black Friday sale or some such and will snap up the granular apps.

Yup .. ape filter has quite a learning curve

• edited August 2017

iDensity is my favourite, though I'll always have a soft spot for the iVCS3. Sparkle my most hated ever app, as a preset peak chipped off the top range hearing in my right ear.

• edited August 2017

sorry to read - in fact both Sparkle and the 1st version of Ape Filter can be dangerous stuff without a limiter. At least the filter was tamed in an update.
    Yet those 2 are my most used of the brand, iVCS3 suffers a bit from lack of time but amazes time and again when engaged.

• @MonzoPro said:
    iDensity is my favourite, though I'll always have a soft spot for the iVCS3. Sparkle my most hated ever app, as a preset peak chipped off the top range hearing in my right ear.

@Telefunky said:
    sorry to read - in fact both Sparkle and the 1st version of Ape Filter can be dangerous stuff without a limiter. At least the filter was tamed in an update.
    Yet those 2 are my most used of the brand, iVCS3 suffers a bit from lack of time but amazes time and again when engaged.

I had a similar experience with iPulseret........scary.

Still love em.

I find that using apps together of same manufacturer gives me a more organic sound.

For instance, Klevergrand, Apesoft and IceWorks.

I love iVSC3, ever since the additional oscillation a year ago it is so useful for me.

I have a new preset bank for Mood and iVSC3 that are due in the coming weeks.

I tried to give more useful patches for iVSC3, less abstract, less "sound" and more instrument if you know what I mean.

• IPulsaret is my favourite iOS synth period.

I hope it gets some updates soon however as it feels like its been left behind a little compared to the others. If i had more time I could write more at length about this crazy and wonderful beast. I got it in the bundle for iDensity + Stria, but Ive barely used iDensity! iPulsaret has just stolen my heart.

• Mood and Sparkle are tied for absolute favorite, but I like them all.

• Stria's probably the only one I regret buying. Kind of a one trick pony unless I'm missing something.

• iPulsaret is great if you want to write choons (it's a drone monster given half a chance).. iDensity is great if you want to do soundscaping. As I do both, they're equally essential.

• @cian said:
    iPulsaret is great if you want to write choons (it's a drone monster given half a chance).. iDensity is great if you want to do soundscaping. As I do both, they're equally essential.

What's a choon

• iVCS3 by a mile. Mood is good, but i can't love the filter. iDensity is a lot of fun too.

• a really good tune, usually dance related. There was some DJ back in the 90s who used to say choon and somehow it caught on as a semi-ironic thing.

• Mood
    Moebius
    iVCS3

I love them all - missing Stria, Apefilter and iPulsaret but I love the rest. Can't get enough of these. And man - an LFO for every knob?!?!?!?!? How can you beat that?

• edited August 2018

Please tell me more about Sparkle. And this filter issue is resolved? Sorry @MonzoPro

• ALL OF THEM! And Amazing Noises! Must... have... more........

• iPulsaret is just... nothing like it. Took me some
    Time to see the beauty in it, but once it clicked. Wow... just wow!

The other would be Mood, it’s awesome and I have one of my favorite pad sound made with it.
    iDensity is pretty sick too

iVSC3, hmm i would love to let be it, but I am too dumb for this machine ;)

• idensity, iPulsaret and Mood. ivcs3 is an incredibly well made reproduction and sounds fantastic, I just haven’t invested the time to understand it functionally.

Mood has some of my favorite bass patches and iPulsaret is so damn unique and fun to use.

All in all, apes portfolio is one of the best on the whole platform.

• Would like to try stria

• Apematrix
    iVCS
    mood

The rest I bought early on and never really got into, but will def revisit soon.

• edited August 2018

@kinkujin said:
    Please tell me more about Sparkle. And this filter issue is resolved? Sorry @MonzoPro

I liked it, but on the first night of running through one of the presets via earphones, there was a sudden very loud, very high frequency noise at one point that really hurt my ear. It felt as if someone had punched my inner ear with a sharp object, and the pain lasted for over a week.

I’ve never experienced anything like this before, and I stopped using earphones (and the iPad for a while) as a result.

Eventually the pain went, but my right ear felt numb - as if the top range had been clipped off. Still does, and it’s also evolved into tinnitus - though that may have been amplified by other stuff later.

Good app, but just be careful.

• ApeFilter is wicked but the AU has a nasty crash lurking in there which shows up at some point every time I use it and ends my session.

• @MonzoPro - That’s just awful. I have a pal who did oxygen treatments for his tinnitus and had great results. Might be worth the research?

• @kinkujin said:
    @MonzoPro - That’s just awful. I have a pal who did oxygen treatments for his tinnitus and had great results. Might be worth the research?

Thanks I’ll check it out. It’s not constant, and tends to be worse when I think about it, but definitely not a pleasant thing to have.

• Just wanted to say that sparkle is, in my opinion, the most innovative and “avant-garde-ist” app we have on ios and I think we should talk a little bit more about it...and I still hope it will be AU one day ! And to those who doesn’t know this app, maybe have a look at it

• Sparkle and apeMatrix