Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GeoShred Palm Mute

In GeoShread, is there a way to "hold" the palm mute setting at a fixed point so that you can have muted notes but still have both hands free to play notes or work other controls?

I can't seem to find a way. If only I had a third hand. I gave up trying to get my cat to rest his paw there for me.

Comments

• This is completely unrelated, but it just happened again a few minutes ago. Quite often my dog bursts in in search of attention while I'm recording, and he hates my iPad. He'll try to knock it out of my hand or out of the way so I'll focus on him, but his paw always seems to create happy accidents by tweaking a control.

/End unrelated dog story

• Maybe it could be added in a future update. Perhaps it could be invoked with a double tap or a long press?

The option to control palm mute with a MIDI cc foot pedal would be awesome too!

Ha! Great story, @oat_phipps! If only I could get him to do it at the right time!

• Not too sure but I think with Guitarism you can do the muting while driving GeoShred via midi.

• In settings for the control you can untick return on release

• I think there's a bug that prevents getting into the settings for the Palm Mute control - no arrow like the others. At least for me in the latest version. Best I can come up with is to go to the Mini Control Surface, and the Palm Mute (horizontal) control stays where you slide it. Go back to the full controls, and it reverts to form.

• @lovadamusic said:
    I think there's a bug that prevents getting into the settings for the Palm Mute control - no arrow like the others. At least for me in the latest version. Best I can come up with is to go to the Mini Control Surface, and the Palm Mute (horizontal) control stays where you slide it. Go back to the full controls, and it reverts to form.

Think you may be right

• edited April 2018

This is actually an old thread that has long ago been resolved. Back after posting this, I contacted the extremely helpful awesome good folks at Moforte and they pointed out that "Palm Mute" is actually the same thing as "Material"!

So what you can do in any preset is (do a Save As first just in case), go to Edit->Control Surface. Then delete Palm Mute (tap the red X). Then tap the Green X that appears. Then tap the +. Then choose Guitar->Strings->Material->slider.

Then you can also change the name from "Material" to anything you want (for example, "Sticky Palm Mute").

And there you go, your Palm Mute slider is a now Sticky Palm Mute Slider!

GeoShred is actually extremely customizable when you dig into it!

• Thank you, Lady_App_titude! Since seeing this thread, I've wanted a sticky palm mute, and now it appears I've got one. :)

Not sure why Moforte doesn't just fix the slider so it works like the others, but I'm happy.

• Stay tuned for part 2. I’ve got another hot tip to help you get the most out of GeoShred palm mute coming soon...

• I was starting to feel discouraged while trying to get a specific sound last night. This post and the pt2 one in particular were so helpful to me. Thank you!