Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mellotron xl gets audiobus support.

For me,one of the best mellotron apps on ios.
Mellotron XL par Markus Resch
https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/mellotron-xl/id716634619?mt=8

Comments

• Fantastic!
    The very first app I ever bought.
    Thanks for the heads up.

• Awesome to hear that. I remember asking for that years ago when they first released it because it has a such a great sound. No reason for anyone not to buy it now :) Thank you developers.

• What sounds are included with this app?
    I can't find this mentioned on their site.

• @JeffChasteen said:
    Fantastic!
    Thanks for the heads up.

I have a few of the other 'versions'/emulations....worth the extra punt for an amateur?

• edited August 2017

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:
    Fantastic!
    Thanks for the heads up.

I have a few of the other 'versions'/emulations....worth the extra punt for an amateur?

Pros:
    It contains the original Chamberlin tapes in addition to two Mellotron models
    It also has all the goofy left hand rhythm bossa nova cha cha cha instrument patterns of the originals
    It has MIDI in through AB3
    Cons:
    You can't resize the keys
    It $7.99
    I bought it when I was new to iOS -"Hey, I've got a Mellotron in my pocket!"-but there are better strings options now.

• @JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:
    Fantastic!
    Thanks for the heads up.

Pros:
    It also has all the goofy left hand rhythm bossa nova cha cha cha instrument patterns of the originals
    Cons:
    It has no MIDI compatibility
    It is $7.99

I bought it when I was new to iOS -Hey, I've got a Mellotron in my pocket!-but there are better strings options now.

Cool. But it has MIDI in now via AB3?

• @JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:
    Fantastic!
    Thanks for the heads up.

Pros:
    Cons:
    It is $7.99

I bought it when I was new to iOS -Hey, I've got a Mellotron in my pocket!-but there are better strings options now.

Thanks Mister Jeff. Appreciate it.

• @gusgranite said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:
    Fantastic!
    Thanks for the heads up.

Pros:
    Cons:
    It is $7.99

Cool. But it has MIDI in now via AB3?

By god, it does!
    Thanks for prompting me to check.
    Let me go and edit my above post.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:
    Fantastic!
    Thanks for the heads up.

Pros:
    Cons:
    It is $7.99

You're welcome. gugranite prompted me to check out MIDI with AB3. It DOES accept MIDI now.

• @JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:
    Fantastic!
    Thanks for the heads up.

Pros:
    Cons:
    It is $7.99

You're welcome. gugranite prompted me to check out MIDI with AB3. It DOES accept MIDI now.

Right on. Now the question I have to ask myself is if I really want a mellotron??

• edited August 2017

@JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JeffChasteen said:
    Fantastic!
    Thanks for the heads up.

Pros:
    It has MIDI in through AB3
    Cons:
    It $7.99
    I bought it when I was new to iOS -"Hey, I've got a Mellotron in my pocket!"-but there are better strings options now.

M3000 also has the original Chamberlin tapes as iap(all iaps come with the ultimate version).

I have the 50th anniversary edition of m3000(+some extra tapes) and think its very nice. I havent tried this one, so cant compare the two, but m3000 has iaa which is nice, then again it is very expensive. I really wish there was an mellotron au. Also there are some nice sounds included in m3000 free version as well. So @gusgranite take a look at m3000 free to get an idea of what a mellotron sounds like. I think it sounds very nice for some stuff, but not everyone is into that sort of lofi tape sound.

• @ToMess said:
    I really wish there was an mellotron au. Also there are some nice sounds included in m3000 free version as well.

BeatHawk is AU, and it has a Mellotron sound pack. Maybe not in the same league - I dunno. Sounds Mellotronish to me.

• Does this have IAA (MIDI in and audio out)?

• Can you assign midi control to pitch bend, a/b/c etc thru Audiobus? New to iOS and Audiobus so sorry if this is a dumb question. I’m thinking of investing in a new midi controller so this will factor into my decision. Thanks