Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Zeeon Synth by Beepstreet out on August 30th. Get these pennies ready!

13435363840

Comments

  • edited December 2017

    @Jokerpack said:
    I really love this synth and its midi learn feature.however i hope Interpolation of midi cc parameters will be added in future. When i change the cutoff frequency vie my midi controller i clearly hear the steps, especially when resonance is set very high.
    When changing the cutoff frequency via the t OK touch screen there is interpolation and i don't hear steps like with my midi controller.

    What MIDI controller do you use? Some of them have steppy encoders (you can feel it while turning).
    Are you on iPhone or iPad?

    Below you see a test with a steppy midi encoder. You see steps, but transitions are smooth (no clicks).
    So there is smoothing. I can make transition slower, but response will be delayed (even more unpleasant).

    btw. if you test on self resonating filter - disable oscillators. In other case filter will be locking on osc partials (like hard sync, steppy - a natural effect)

    Steppy MIDI knob encoder

    The same test with smooth MIDI knob encoder

  • @brice said:

    @db909 said:
    for some reason I'm having a hard time programming Zeeon. It always ends up being fairly basic sounds that i turn a lot of fx on. What are some spicy parameters to modulate? I'm really not sure what my problem is, I've made tons and tons of patches for other synths

    Here are some tactics that I will sometimes try if I get stuck or just want to find something new.

    Load the init and setup the mod matrix like this

    Specifically: using the same source in every slot. From there start populating from the available destinations and then listen to its influence. Might be destructive, might be remarkable. But the main idea is to make a mess. From that mess a starting point is often born.


    Experiment with using OSC 1, 2, SUB as mod sources. Then experiment with the tuning and wave shapes of those Oscillator(s). And of course modulate the tuning and wave shape for a variety of timbres. The rate of Audio can bring out a brilliant sound in Zeeon. FM timbres.


    Use Layer 1 as a mod source for various parameters on the second layer.


    Copy layer 1 to layer 2, then spread the panning far left and far right between the two. Begin making very subtle tweaks between the two layers and a wide space is filled. Try mixing in some panning modulation as well.


    Journey through the factory / expansion sounds and use the FX On/Off switch to uncover how the effects can be used in many different ways to shape the sound. For instance, the reverb doesn’t always have to be a Reverb. It can be used as a parallel EQ of sorts to remove some low frequency content. Or use it to cut out some of the high frequencies if / when needed. Set all dials to 0. Bring up the mix to taste while using the low cut, high cut and high damp to shape the sound.


    When you’re stuck, just try to make a horrible mess of things. Do things the opposite way you normally would. Modulate the hell out of everything. Run an LFO into the Amp and crank up its speed. Mix and match the drive types.
    Use velocity for weird things. Turn every knob of the chorus effect to max.

    You get where I am going…

    I could possibly keep typing until next week as Zeeon is an incredibly deep synth IMO. There is a LOT of power in the mod matrix, a whole lot. And the amount of possible routings is near limitless. Each one producing something different.

    Hope that helps in some way.

    sage advice. i spent the whole weekend exploring exploring this approach and a lot of things clicked for me regarding synth modulation in general.

  • @giku_beepstreet said:

    @Jokerpack said:
    I really love this synth and its midi learn feature.however i hope Interpolation of midi cc parameters will be added in future. When i change the cutoff frequency vie my midi controller i clearly hear the steps, especially when resonance is set very high.
    When changing the cutoff frequency via the t OK touch screen there is interpolation and i don't hear steps like with my midi controller.

    What MIDI controller do you use? Some of them have steppy encoders (you can feel it while turning).
    Are you on iPhone or iPad?

    Below you see a test with a steppy midi encoder. You see steps, but transitions are smooth (no clicks).
    So there is smoothing. I can make transition slower, but response will be delayed (even more unpleasant).

    btw. if you test on self resonating filter - disable oscillators. In other case filter will be locking on osc partials (like hard sync, steppy - a natural effect)

    Steppy MIDI knob encoder

    The same test with smooth MIDI knob encoder


    I

    I have an ipad pro 9,7" with the latest iOS 11. My controller is a Korg nanokey studio(Bluetooth midi).the pots feel soft without noticeable stepping. I have to take a look at the tests you mentioned.
    I the moment i didnt test self oscillating . I can reproduce the stepping sound with the init preset by turning up resonance to max and slowly moving the cutoff knob on my controller.
    When using sunrizer i cant hear any steps with the same midi controller no matter how slow i move the knob.

  • When you push resonance to the maximum, filter locks on oscillator partials, so its always kind of steppy - even with onscreen controllers.

  • btw. smoothed delay length knob and added a drift swtich. It sounds quite nice..
    (all fx included)

    https://clyp.it/om1tvg1w

  • @giku_beepstreet said:
    btw. smoothed delay length knob and added a drift swtich. It sounds quite nice..
    (all fx included)

    https://clyp.it/om1tvg1w

    Nice B) <3

  • @giku_beepstreet said:
    btw. smoothed delay length knob and added a drift swtich. It sounds quite nice..
    (all fx included)

    https://clyp.it/om1tvg1w

    Nice. Does that mean modulation for FX would be possible too maybe.
    But smoothing the delay is a good step. It hurts like it is now :p

  • @giku_beepstreet said:
    btw. smoothed delay length knob and added a drift swtich. It sounds quite nice..
    (all fx included)

    https://clyp.it/om1tvg1w

    :o Sounds fantastic.

  • edited December 2017

    @brice said:

    @giku_beepstreet said:
    btw. smoothed delay length knob and added a drift swtich. It sounds quite nice..
    (all fx included)

    https://clyp.it/om1tvg1w

    :o Sounds fantastic.

    Thanks, there is a properly set chorus and reverb as well. Drift in delay is very subtle but it makes a huge difference with bigger feedback, the repeats are evolving more and more. Just uploading beta, should be availbable in max 24h

  • edited December 2017

    @giku_beepstreet said:

    @brice said:

    @giku_beepstreet said:
    btw. smoothed delay length knob and added a drift swtich. It sounds quite nice..
    (all fx included)

    https://clyp.it/om1tvg1w

    :o Sounds fantastic.

    Thanks, there is a properly set chorus and reverb as well. Drift in delay is very subtle but it makes a huge difference with bigger feedback, the repeats are evolving more and more. Just uploading beta, should be availbable in max 24h

  • @giku_beepstreet said:

    @brice said:

    @giku_beepstreet said:
    btw. smoothed delay length knob and added a drift swtich. It sounds quite nice..
    (all fx included)

    https://clyp.it/om1tvg1w

    :o Sounds fantastic.

    Thanks, there is a properly set chorus and reverb as well. Drift in delay is very subtle but it makes a huge difference with bigger feedback, the repeats are evolving more and more. Just uploading beta, should be availbable in max 24h

    Excited to check it out! Got some stuff headed your way soon ;)

  • @giku_beepstreet said:
    When you push resonance to the maximum, filter locks on oscillator partials, so its always kind of steppy - even with onscreen controllers.

    Thank you very much. This is good too know.

    I am so amazed from this synth.

    Your new demo sounds really nice

  • Any chance of implementing MPE in Zeeon, @giku_beepstreet ? The modulation potential for using a Seaboard Block is potentially RIDICULOUS.

  • @oat_phipps said:

    @raindro said:
    I've wanted omnisphere for a long time but not enough to buy it and it's like too big to pirate.

    As a former rampant pirate, what do you mean by ‘too big’? The larger file sizes always gave the biggest thrills.

    My story as well... i0s Amiga pirate & 90s Windows :smiley:
    But after I got iOS, it don’t bother anymore. I happily pay the developers now. They’ve become like pals in this forum. The pricing is so much more agreeable now... or maybe I’ve grown up?

  • @Michael_R_Grant said:
    Any chance of implementing MPE in Zeeon, @giku_beepstreet ? The modulation potential for using a Seaboard Block is potentially RIDICULOUS.

    MPE is on the way :)

  • btw. working on some new sounds as well

    https://clyp.it/pxhyarmg

  • edited December 2017

    @giku_beepstreet said:

    @Michael_R_Grant said:
    Any chance of implementing MPE in Zeeon, @giku_beepstreet ? The modulation potential for using a Seaboard Block is potentially RIDICULOUS.

    MPE is on the way :)

    .

  • @giku_beepstreet said:

    @Michael_R_Grant said:
    Any chance of implementing MPE in Zeeon, @giku_beepstreet ? The modulation potential for using a Seaboard Block is potentially RIDICULOUS.

    MPE is on the way :)

    Sir, you are a legend!

  • edited December 2017

    A single screen, step sequencer DAW. Audio Units, inserts, automation, side chaining, send busses, flexible signal routing. Because music making is easy ;)

  • @giku_beepstreet said:
    A single screen, step sequencer DAW. Audio Units, inserts, automation, side chaining, send busses, flexible signal routing. Because music making is easy ;)

    sounds nice...Stem export?

  • @giku_beepstreet said:
    A single screen, step sequencer DAW. Audio Units, inserts, automation, side chaining, send busses, flexible signal routing. Because music making is easy ;)

    This another app?

  • Teaser looks fun! Bumping this here, as it seems to have slipped under the collective radar. 2018 will be the year of AU hosting, it seems.

  • @giku_beepstreet said:
    A single screen, step sequencer DAW. Audio Units, inserts, automation, side chaining, send busses, flexible signal routing. Because music making is easy ;)

    Sounds amazing, can’t wait!

  • @db909 said:
    for some reason I'm having a hard time programming Zeeon. It always ends up being fairly basic sounds that i turn a lot of fx on. What are some spicy parameters to modulate? I'm really not sure what my problem is, I've made tons and tons of patches for other synths

    You really need to mess with the matrix system. That's where the sound gets more interesting. Having things like osc 2 modulating osc 1 frequency will start getting interesting tones

  • This looks like exactly the app I've been dreaming of for a while now. Can't wait!

  • @Halftone said:

    This looks like exactly the app I've been dreaming of for a while now. Can't wait!

    Can we ask when ?

  • @Halftone said:

    @Halftone said:

    This looks like exactly the app I've been dreaming of for a while now. Can't wait!

    Can we ask when ?

    Early beta should be available in 2-3 weeks.

Sign In or Register to comment.