Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Zeeon Synth by Beepstreet out on August 30th. Get these pennies ready!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited November 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:
    Btw. I pimped all the factory presets,
    Just finished today o:)
    so they respond to pitchbend, modwheel, velocity, use all the drive options blah blah now ...

Holy dusty circuit <3

You gonna share

• Please?

@oat_phipps said:

@Max23 said:
    Btw. I pimped all the factory presets,
    Just finished today o:)
    so they respond to pitchbend, modwheel, velocity, use all the drive options blah blah now ...

Holy dusty circuit <3

You gonna share

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    I gonna consider this.

Great to hear, more modulation slots would be incredibly useful.

• edited November 2017

Testing another streaming service (they claim, it doesn't strip bitrate to 128kbps) can't stand soundcloud quality.

https://clyp.it/bxwu50on

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    Drive section will be redesigned: 3 buttons: soft, asym & fold = 8 drive types

(Some USB noise here - recorded via audio out, but would you believe this comes out of an iphone? ;)

Wohooo, we're getting a new 'fart machine' :D

• Sounds awesome! Will use Clyp sounds great!

@giku_beepstreet said:
    Testing another streaming service (they claim, it doesn't strip bitrate to 128kbps) can't stand soundcloud quality.

• @Max23 said:
    Yeah mod slot 9-12 would be nice to have.
    I have enough slots to do weird things B)
    But velocity, modewheel and the lfos takes 4 slots already...

This.
    Or macros/functions.
    Or none of the above. Restrictions keep stuff challenging.
    But single pages for performance modulation sources(velocity, after touch, mod wheel)would boost some user class creativity(I would like to say my category but unfortunately I’m not really performance oriented when building patches; and it is a shame)

• I have kinda grown to like the 'macro knobs' in BM3 where you can attach several parameters to 'performance knobs' with range control.Those kind of knobs would be perfect in Zeeon to keep the parameter ranges in check when playing the patches and tweaking the knobs.

• @Samu said:
    I have kinda grown to like the 'macro knobs' in BM3 where you can attach several parameters to 'performance knobs' with range control.Those kind of knobs would be perfect in Zeeon to keep the parameter ranges in check when playing the patches and tweaking the knobs.

Agree, only just clicked on to how useful those macro knobs are in BM3. Keep finding new things in BM3 steadily and have to admire its ability to look at things in different ways.

• edited November 2017

Modulation in a synth is a rather complex problem.

You have N sources, M destinations and NM possible direct modulations. If you wish to modulate the modulations then you reach N/N/M. Zeeon is flexible and it can potentially cascade modulations P times (mod8 -> mod7 -> mod6 -> mod5 etc) so the correct modulation quantity is (NNN ... N)N*M.
    It explodes easily. Take for example sources N=10, destinations M=10 and cascade P=1. Then you have a 10x10x10 cube with the grand total of 1000 modulations! This without taking into account eventual non-linear functions like modified velocity curves, limiters etc.

Considerations:
    1. only hardcore patchers would use more than 50 modulations;
    2. the number of really useful modulations is even lower;
    3. modulation cascade is needed for performance (think of the typical mod wheel to modulate the amplitude of the LFO to Pitch modulation);
    4. individual modulation destinations are often used less than 2-3 times;
    5. non-linear modulation functions are useful for performance (log scale for the aftertouch).

A simple solution for Zeeon would be to introduce a third column in the mod matrix (and a second knob). The first entry (e.g. performance source) modulates the second entry (e.g. synth source) which modulates the third entry (destination). Example: mod wheel --> LFO --> osc pitch.

• edited November 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited November 2017

Had another bit of play with Zeeon today. Trying to do more organic sounds.
    First try to achieve some Organ and Accordion like timbre (was inspired by another synth i play now with a lot too and thought if Zeeon can do it too.....yep, it can). 2 patches here recorded while jamming a bit on my phone into GarageBand.

• On sale again.

• Man your gifted bro great job! Get those presets going :)

@Cib said:
    Had another bit of play with Zeeon today. Trying to do more organic sounds.
    First try to achieve some Organ and Accordion like timbre (was inspired by another synth i play now with a lot too and thought if Zeeon can do it too.....yep, it can). 2 patches here recorded while jamming a bit on my phone into GarageBand.

• So, 13 presets (also some of the previous a bit more fine tuned while still not finished): You always here one preset at a time without extern FX etc. The last one is a special :) It uses even no OSC, just modulated self oscillating filter resonance. I used SoundPrismPro to play some chords and stuff on my phone. Next time i try to play really more expressive and use my Seaboard Rise:

• @Cib said:
    So, 13 presets (also some of the previous a bit more fine tuned while still not finished): You always here one preset at a time without extern FX etc. The last one is a special :) It uses even no OSC, just modulated self oscillating filter resonance. I used SoundPrismPro to play some chords and stuff on my phone. Next time i try to play really more expressive and use my Seaboard Rise:

Those are all excellent, can’t wait to hear more! :)

• Is there any way to ‘favorite’ presets in Zeeon? While dabbling I ran across some presets in the default library that I quite liked.

• Create a new folder name it Favorites and as you bring up each preset save it to Favs. :)

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Create a new folder name it Favorites and as you bring up each preset save it to Favs. :)

Cool :)

• I’m in Synth Heaven bro!!! Zeeon is inspirational and truly a must have for any IOS musician. A real gem!

• edited November 2017

v1.4 is available on the AppStore

• Redesigned Drive module. Added high-quality wavefolders. 8 distortion types are available now.
    • Precise knobs control (left/right movement)
    • Drive parameter is smoothed now
    • Fixed issues with Cubasis 2.3 (newest update)

Upcoming update:

• MPE
    • Microtuning
    • ? :)

btw. looking for MPE preset designers

• @giku_beepstreet said:

• Redesigned Drive module. Added high-quality wavefolders. 8 distortion types are available now.
    • Precise knobs control (left/right movement)
    • Drive parameter is smoothed now
    • Fixed issues with Cubasis 2.3 (newest update)

Upcoming update:

• MPE
    • Microtuning
    • ? :)

btw. looking for MPE preset designers

Great job - Zeeon seems much happier inside Cubasis :)

• @giku_beepstreet said:

I have tested them a bit - and they do change my sounds dramatically, especially in the dynamics department. Strange thing here: when your recording is very loud with a high degree of compression (and: reverb!), then they will reduce the loudness very much. Additionally it does not have an influence which kind of an MP3 file you upload (128 kbits, 160, 192 etc.): they have an additional compression algorithm...

(i hate things like this)

On the other hand i have the impression that the sound loss sometimes is less than soundcloud, depending on the sound sources...

• _ki_ki
    edited November 2017

@giku_beepstreet said:

Well done, the new drive module sounds really cool !

It would be nice if ‚drive‘ was accessible as modulation destination - wiggeling the drive knob produces very interesting changes in harmonics.
    I assume that manipluation at audio rate is not necessary (probably sounds like FM), so standard mod-sources would be enough to offer interesting new sound developments..

The drive amount parameter is already available as AU parameter and i modulatd it with Rozeta-Lfo - so real time tweeking the parmeter already works.

• edited November 2017

@_ki said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

Well done, the new drive module sounds really cool !

It would be nice if ‚drive‘ was accessible as modulation destination - wiggeling the drive knob produces very interesting changes in harmonics.
    I assume that manipluation at audio rate is not necessary (probably sounds like FM), so standard mod-sources would be enough to offer interesting new sound developments..

Drive knob is nonlinear (level compensation), its modulation is very expensive. But...
    You can already do this. Modulate MIXER :) signal level. Higher drive input signal amplitude means higher distortion, more folds etc.. You can add bias as well by modulating Mixer input by e.g. LFO.