Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Zeeon Synth by Beepstreet out on August 30th. Get these pennies ready!

Comments

• edited November 2017

@Cib said:

@giku_beepstreet said:
    Its on the list. Microtunings v.1.4 , MPE v.1.5 . Other features: arp, some tasty additions to the matrix

You mean .tun file import like Sunrizer. That would be so great! I really miss that in all iOS synths.
    And MPE? That would take Zeeon straight into my TOP 3 from all synths i own on whatever platform.

Yes exactly the same as used in Sunrizer. MPE is a bigger task, I need to invest in Seaboard :] couldn't find other reasonable MPE controller.

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@Cib said:

@giku_beepstreet said:
    Its on the list. Microtunings v.1.4 , MPE v.1.5 . Other features: arp, some tasty additions to the matrix

You mean .tun file import like Sunrizer. That would be so great! I really miss that in all iOS synths.
    And MPE? That would take Zeeon straight into my TOP 3 from all synths i own on whatever platform.

Yes exactly the same as used in Sunrizer. MPE is a bigger task, I need to invest in Seaboard :] couldn't find other reasonable MPE controller.

Very very nice to hear. Then Zeeon is ready for the obscure stuff i like >:)
    I also own a Seaboard Rise and it´s great. But you know that 3D touch on iPhones is very usable too (beside for velocity if you play keys or percussive sounds with sharp attacks).
    It´s evolving nicely.

• @giku_beepstreet said:

Don't know what you have in store but a 'Panel X' with 'pre-wired' knobs could maybe be something?
    (Ie. instead of having to do the matrix patching for Cross Modulation every time 'Panel X' could have a Cross Mod knob as standard?).

Other things on the wish-list is a sequencers/step-modulators as additional modulation sources?
    These could also be seen as custom LFO wave-forms.

Anyways I love to be surprised so what ever you're cooking I do feel it will be awesome!

• @giku_beepstreet said:

Thanks, good to hear. I will buy it when I can tune it.

• @giku_beepstreet said:

Geoshred is an inexpensive MPE controller.

• Thanks! Good point!

• @Samu said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

Don't know what you have in store but a 'Panel X' with 'pre-wired' knobs could maybe be something?
    (Ie. instead of having to do the matrix patching for Cross Modulation every time 'Panel X' could have a Cross Mod knob as standard?).

Other things on the wish-list is a sequencers/step-modulators as additional modulation sources?
    These could also be seen as custom LFO wave-forms.

Anyways I love to be surprised so what ever you're cooking I do feel it will be awesome!

Ooh I would love it if he straight ripped off the mood step sequencer LFO and you could use it to modulate everything.

• Just going through the IAP sounds...@brice strikes again. Some GREAT stuff.

• Yeah both are awesome! The OI are amazing also with so many sounding Syntronikish!!! On the iPhone!!

@oat_phipps said:
    Just going through the IAP sounds...@brice strikes again. Some GREAT stuff.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Yeah both are awesome! The OI are amazing also with so many sounding Syntronikish!!! On the iPhone!!

@oat_phipps said:

Haven’t gotten to those yet. For anyone going through the brices, make sure to check for layers that are off, or to switch the mix between the two, or for any modulations that are set to 0. Some nice surprises in there, whether intentional or not (but I suspect they are).

• Oh, and to confirm, the beta IAPs are free. My credit balance remained the same after downloading.

• I’m gonna buy them anyway after beta cause they’re awesome and to support this awesome developer! <3 o:) :)

@oat_phipps said:
    Oh, and to confirm, the beta IAPs are free. My credit balance remained the same after downloading.

• @oat_phipps said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Yeah both are awesome! The OI are amazing also with so many sounding Syntronikish!!! On the iPhone!!

@oat_phipps said:

Haven’t gotten to those yet. For anyone going through the brices, make sure to check for layers that are off, or to switch the mix between the two, or for any modulations that are set to 0. Some nice surprises in there, whether intentional or not (but I suspect they are). See ‘Sacred Riffs’ and turn on layer 1 for a nice example.

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@Cib said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

Also GarageBand AU can do MPE

• Man, why did I have to go poking through this thread. Another "must have," but dead serious about it this time. I shall own it by tomorrow evening. :)

• @MusicMan4Christ said:

@oat_phipps said:

Thanks, glad you like them. The Brice bank is really impressive. Played with that last night, awesome stuff.
    Get them both, @giku_beepstreet deserves every sale awesome work he did with Zeeon. :smiley:

• @o_imseng said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

@oat_phipps said:

Thanks, glad you like them. The Brice bank is really impressive. Played with that last night, awesome stuff.
    Get them both, @giku_beepstreet deserves every sale awesome work he did with Zeeon. :smiley:

Just spent an hour with your bank, great work as well. Really love the assortment of plucky/thumpy basses/keys/leads that are in there.

• A question about the tuning also in Sunrizer since the iPhone (and sadly also the macOS) version is a bit behind here and don´t have that feature.
    How does or will importing tuning files work. Can you import whole folders and will the tuning be saved within each patch?

• edited November 2017

You load scl files to the app via Itunes File Sharing. Tuning will be saved with project, not patch.

• v.1.3 submited for review. Working on some presets :) (SC cuts highend)

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    You load scl files to the app via Itunes File Sharing. Tuning will be saved with project, not patch.

What means project? So a DAW can save the state of the AU but i couldn´t share patch banks which include tunings.
    Just try to understand that.
    I-tunes.....doh´ I dream of the day i-tunes import/export isn´t needed at all.
    While i mainly work on mac i really prefer to not have to connect my iPhone/iPad with a mac just to transfer files.
    Wouldn´t there be a way to use audio share or the files app etc.?
    Sorry, but i just wonder why there is still i-tunes involved since everyone seems to hate it :D

• edited November 2017

@Cib said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

What means project? So a DAW can save the state of the AU but i couldn´t share patch banks which include tunings.
    While i mainly work on mac i really prefer to not have to connect my iPhone/iPad with a mac just to transfer files.
    Sorry, but i just wonder why there is still i-tunes involved since everyone seems to hate it :D

As Zeeon uses associated files (you just tap on the file to import in File browser, Drop box, etc..) this will be used in Zeeon as well. iTunes file sharing will be supported for older iOS versions.

As about project vs patch. Imported tunings will be available in every Zeeon instance,just like banks, regardless of host or standalone mode.

I may be wrong, but to me, tuning is a property of a project (synth setting) not preset..

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@Cib said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

As Zeeon uses associated files (you just tap on the file to import in File browser, Drop box, etc..) this will be used in Zeeon as well. iTunes file sharing will be supported for older iOS versions.

As about project vs patch. Imported tunings will be available in every Zeeon instance,just like banks, regardless of host or standalone mode.

I may be wrong, but to me, tuning is a property of a project (song) not preset..

Yes and no. There are certain sounds like recreating acoustic instruments which works sometimes great with analog synths like bells, hang drums etc. but i prefer to tune them a bit to get a more realistic feeling.
    The problem is also that all iOS DAW´s are not tunable at all.
    That is exact the thing i hate when Apple removed that from Alchemy.
    I could tune Alchemy 1.55 per patch and it was part of the patch and the sound, not only made for a special project.
    I mean it´s a niche in a niche and i appreciate that you are seems to be the only one at least implement it in any way in a synth on iOS.
    It would be just a bit odd if i create a patch with a custom tuning with modulations works especially with this tuning etc. to achieve a certain mood/atmosphere i couldn´t get with an equal tuning. If now someone open this patch and the tuning isn´t there it makes no sense.
    But i hope that sounds not too negative, it´s just my opinion/suggestion on it since i use it more and more.
    You also would need perhaps to increase the pitch bend value if you want to make it MPE (up to +/- 48 semitones).
    Sorry, i concentrate often too much on things which i miss instead of what is there. But that means that i really love a thing just want to take it further :)

• @Cib said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

@Cib said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

I may be wrong, but to me, tuning is a property of a project (song) not preset..

Yes and no. There are certain sounds like recreating acoustic instruments which works sometimes great with analog synths like bells, hang drums etc. but i prefer to tune them a bit to get a more realistic feeling.
    The problem is also that all iOS DAW´s are not tunable at all.
    That is exact the thing i hate when Apple removed that from Alchemy.
    I could tune Alchemy 1.55 per patch and it was part of the patch and the sound, not only made for a special project.
    I mean it´s a niche in a niche and i appreciate that you are seems to be the only one at least implement it in any way in a synth on iOS.
    It would be just a bit odd if i create a patch with a custom tuning with modulations works especially with this tuning etc. to achieve a certain mood/atmosphere i couldn´t get with an equal tuning. If now someone open this patch and the tuning isn´t there it makes no sense.
    But i hope that sounds not too negative, it´s just my opinion/suggestion on it since i use it more and more.
    You also would need perhaps to increase the pitch bend value if you want to make it MPE (up to +/- 48 semitones).
    Sorry, i concentrate often too much on things which i miss instead of what is there. But that means that i really love a thing just want to take it further :)

You almost convinced me :) Discussion with user is everything

• @Cib said:

>

Geoshred saves custom tunings per patch. I have been using Geoshred as a midi filter like this:

Any midi keyboard --> Geoshred MPE -- > Model 15 MPE

This gets me my Geoshred custom tuning in Model 15, but playable on a keyboard instead of Geoshred. Of course, playing Model 15 with the Geoshred interface is also good.

• So maybe MPE is enough :)

• @oat_phipps said:

@o_imseng said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

@oat_phipps said:

Just spent an hour with your bank, great work as well. Really love the assortment of plucky/thumpy basses/keys/leads that are in there.

Cool beans. Thanks for the feedback. Have fun with them :wink:

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    So maybe MPE is enough :)

Either/or. What we want to avoid is getting that little chirp at the start of a note as the pitch-correction kicks in.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

Either/or. What we want to avoid is getting that little chirp at the start of a note as the pitch-correction kicks in.

But midi as tuning source doesn´t work really well. Tun files are still the king (and also can include several tunings/scales per patch).
    I tried such a thing with ThumbJam and some other midi tools but if the other instruments doesn´t support proper microtuning it´s mostly not really nice. Especially with acoustic instruments.
    Maybe i try that agin with Geoshred.....if there is an iPhone version.

• @Cib said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

But midi as tuning source doesn´t work really well. Tun files are still the king (and also can include several tunings/scales per patch).
    I tried such a thing with ThumbJam and some other midi tools but if the other instruments doesn´t support proper microtuning it´s mostly not really nice. Especially with acoustic instruments.
    Maybe i try that agin with Geoshred.....if there is an iPhone version.

You need two MPE apps--one to send and the other to receive. If you get it working please let me know what you think.