Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Magellan + Soundprism issues

I've been using soundprism + Magellan together to record into Loopy HD but recently I've been getting some pretty noticeable pops and clicks when trying to play magellan through Soundprism. I've tried changing buffer sizes in Magellan and rebooting Ipad and also taking out apps out of the chain in Audiobus however I still have pops and clicks with just soundprism and magellan.

Comments

• Hi Jarrett,

In which order are you starting apps and which device are you running this on?

• Ok the chain I just ran is Magellan - Kaoassilator - Soundprism, Output - Loopy HD (No FX slot)

I ran my finger across the keys in Soundprism with that configuration and it click and popped like crazy.

Removed Kaossilator and it helped a bunch but still some minor popping and cracking.

Removed Loopy HD and had just Soundprism/Magellan and it is stable.

Ipad 3 IOS 6.

Am I just maxing out my Ipad?

• I just tried Sunrizer in place of Magellan in that chain and had no problems. Looks like Magellan is a big CPU drain and I can't use it at the same time as Korg Kaoassilator

• You're doing a lot at the same time, yes. I'd recommend getting an iPad 4 if you want to run everything simultaneously and without glitches.

• Ah man. I was worried about that :( Ugh ok.