Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Modular Update

New RING-16 Module: Ring and Amp Modulator with CV

scrolling bug fixed!

patch randomizer!

midi message queue handling improvements

audiobus compatibility fixes

patch sharing

Comments

• Would be good if the patch sharing can be done via URL or Dropbox at some point rather than email which is a bit out of date now.

• Just seen your free modular presets over on your site Clif quality so you can send via Dropbox then.

• patch randomizer!

• external MIDI keyboard input still buggy. With an internal keyboard that vanishes when scrolling to the upper cabinets.

It's a nice looking app, but not really usable yet.

• Yes, @Jumpercollins - it supports Open in... from any of the apps that offer the option.

• I wish they had a different way of moving patches. At least save/load to DropBox. Plus. ".m" is an unfortunate choice of file extension for desktop programmers.

I cannot use Apple Mail because of its insistence on collecting all the 3000 messages since I started using gmail as my pop host.

Hope they fix MIDI quick. Hate the way sound disappears when you roll over notes, no legato or re-trigger implemented. As @Phil999 says, external keyboard is a requirement because of how they did the on-screen keyboard. Having a scrollable rack above a fixed keyboard would help, also more than 3 bays would be really nice.

• I've herad that the the dev cannot implement more bays in the rack due to the screen or image size, something to do with the maximum image size for an iOS app. It's possible to add space at both sides, but not on the top or bottom.

The MIDI problem is an app killer for this one. It needs to be fixed asap to make the app usable. Hope it comes soon, I just love this app!