Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Who would buy an iPhone mastering app?

I certainly would and am chatting to one developer who is concerned there is no market for it...

So, let's prove them wrong :)

Comments

• listen to the dev
    lets prove him right :o

• what about an Apple Watch mastering program?
    now that would be AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• @Mayo said:
    listen to the dev
    lets prove him right :o

Why.... many are using iPhones now and appreciate universal apps

Before the iPad we were using iPhones and iPod touch to create music with nano studio

The phone is truly mobile music lol and one shouldn't have to bounce a track from device to device for mastering lol

• @Mayo said:
    what about an Apple Watch mastering program?
    now that would be AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are u bored? It's a serious issue

• Lürssen is universal. I sometimes use it on my iphone when in the train...time is rare

• @cuscolima said:
    Lürssen is universal. I sometimes use it on my iphone when in the train...time is rare

Omg look at the iap

• @Love3quency said:

@cuscolima said:
    Lürssen is universal. I sometimes use it on my iphone when in the train...time is rare

Omg look at the iap

Ahem...yes, it is expensive. But I really use it a lot and I think it has improved the quality of my songs

• "Not I" said the cat. Once I bought an ipad, I haven't mixed/mastered anything on my ipod/phone. Well, who am I kidding, I haven't done a whole lotta that on my ipad either................

• ...and it was half price when I bought it...still it was at the very high price point

• unless you do 'preset-auto-mastering' the process largely depends on the monitor system used, the device doesn't matter much.
    There's more than enough CPU juice, as mastering has no realtime requirements.
    Current iPhones provide enough screen estate to display essential information, all good ;)

Who's using cans or in-ears in the respective price range will hardly mind the Lurrssen investment.
    As far as I can tell from examples it does a really good job on contemporary stuff...
    (which is not my cup of tea at all, that sound totally annoys me - matter of taste)

• @Telefunky said:
    Who's using cans or in-ears in the respective price range will hardly mind the Lurrssen investment.

But there's no audio jack anymore ;) Unless you have an older model

• edited August 2017

@Telefunky said:
    unless you do 'preset-auto-mastering' the process largely depends on the monitor system used, the device doesn't matter much.
    There's more than enough CPU juice, as mastering has no realtime requirements.
    Current iPhones provide enough screen estate to display essential information, all good ;)

As far as I can tell from examples it does a really good job on contemporary stuff...
    (which is not my cup of tea at all, that sound totally annoys me - matter of taste)

That sort of investment on iOS is always coupled with the risk of the dev bailing and an iOS update breaking the app. Flaky perfomance and poor support of too many apps lately has really steared me back to laptop / vsts where paying that kind of price is worth it.

• edited August 2017

I'll never get that argument - regardless of system, myself having a ton of 'outdated' stuff that isn't supported anymore.
    It's still me choosing the operating system and not Apple or Microsoft.
    (tbh there aren't much pro audio related updates anyway, if at all - and they stick with file system handling for decades that drives me nuts time and again)

If something runs and sounds good I will use it and I'm not too shy to start a G3 Mac with ProTools TDM version 5, or my (t)rusty old iPad One with SamplR.
    I haven't updated Positive Grid apps for years, since they started to spoil their very own audio engine.
    So if the Lurrssen would be a thing for me, I'd never mind running it on a dedicated device.
    (assuming the app is rather flawless for what it's supposed to do)

• @Telefunky said:
    I'll never get that argument - regardless of system, myself having a ton of 'outdated' stuff that isn't supported anymore.
    It's still me choosing the operating system and not Apple or Microsoft.
    (tbh there aren't much pro audio related updates anyway, if at all - and they stick with file system handling for decades that drives me nuts time and again)

If something runs and sounds good I will use it and I'm not too shy to start a G3 Mac with ProTools TDM version 5, or my (t)rusty old iPad One with SamplR.
    I haven't updated Positive Grid apps for years, since they started to spoil their very own audio engine.
    So if the Lurrssen would be a thing for me, I'd never mind running it on a dedicated device.
    (assuming the app is rather flawless for what it's supposed to do)

Yah i still use vsts close to 20 years old. Every new OS and host upgrade I got the vsts just still work.

• I would probably eventually succumb, but I don't find it particularly onerous to Dropbox it over to the iPad for mastering. I'm happy as long as I can stay away from the cursed pc in my workflow ;)

• @JeffChasteen said:
    I would probably eventually succumb, but I don't find it particularly onerous to Dropbox it over to the iPad for mastering. I'm happy as long as I can stay away from the cursed pc in my workflow ;)

Sigh... I hear yah. I tried for years to be happy mostly on ipad. However, the two together (ipad and pc) are just like chocolate and peanut butter (laced with heroin). Chordflow feeding Massive and Omnisphere is just too awesome for me to resist.

• @AudioGus said:

@JeffChasteen said:
    I would probably eventually succumb, but I don't find it particularly onerous to Dropbox it over to the iPad for mastering. I'm happy as long as I can stay away from the cursed pc in my workflow ;)

Sigh... I hear yah. I tried for years to be happy mostly on ipad. However, the two together (ipad and pc) are just like chocolate and peanut butter (laced with heroin). Chordflow feeding Massive and Omnisphere is just too awesome for me to resist.

I understand the attraction, but if I get too close to the pc, I find myself distracted with work that I have been avoiding. Out of sight, out of mind and all that :)

• @JeffChasteen said:

@AudioGus said:

@JeffChasteen said:

I understand the attraction, but if I get too close to the pc, I find myself distracted with work that I have been avoiding. Out of sight, out of mind and all that :)

Ack! Contaminents! Understood.

• Exactly.
    Mastering is serious MS processing, extremely high quality stereo widening with mono compatibility,
    super high quality limiting, clipping and compression, EQ and filtering.
    (Like DrMS, DMG Limitless, DMG Equalibrium, Waves, TDL Kotelnikov etc etc)

Then one has to consider monitoring for Hifi systems, laptops, clubs, ghettoblasters, radio, TV.
    Then there is the often changing requirements to supply for streaming, YouTube, Spotify etc.
    Then all the formats that an app has to be able to supply > MFIT, MP3, broadcast wav, etc etc.

Come on Devs - I want all of this on IOS for $5.99.

Maybe there is a market for a really crap/pretend "I am now mastering" app for $1.99 ?
    .. sort of like building a house with only a hammer

• Couldn't one just master their stuff using a collection of perhaps cheaper tools? Maybe looking for a dedicated app is not the way to go

• @Mayo said:
    Exactly.
    Mastering is serious MS processing, extremely high quality stereo widening with mono compatibility,
    super high quality limiting, clipping and compression, EQ and filtering.
    (Like DrMS, DMG Limitless, DMG Equalibrium, Waves, TDL Kotelnikov etc etc)

Then one has to consider monitoring for Hifi systems, laptops, clubs, ghettoblasters, radio, TV.
    Then there is the often changing requirements to supply for streaming, YouTube, Spotify etc.
    Then all the formats that an app has to be able to supply > MFIT, MP3, broadcast wav, etc etc.

Come on Devs - I want all of this on IOS for $5.99.

Maybe there is a market for a really crap/pretend "I am now mastering" app for $1.99 ?
    .. sort of like building a house with only a hammer

Meh, just use Landr bro. ;)

• Landr for IOS?
    That would be life changing!
    I would not even have to worry about mixing - Landr would obviously fix that too :)