Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Neo-Soul Keys® Studio is Now AVAILABLE!

Comments

• @JRSIV said:

I'd go through and check the monitoring path. If listened to played with the on screen keyboard, through the iPad speakers, of course the differences won't be extraordinary.

Listened to through earbuds or cheap consumer headphones, the difference between the two will become a bit more clear; but listen through real studio headphones, Sony MDR-7506's - Beyerdynamic DT100's, etc. then you'll really appreciate the difference. Is OG Neo-Soul Keys shit? FAR from it, it's still an incredible achievement, especially for its time and getting a package like it on an iPad.

Listen with monitors, with some mechanical sounds added, and as @lukesleepwalker said, it's like you're playing a Rhodes in the room. The little key lift resonances?! Come on!

i have focal spirit pros, beyerdynamic dt770 pros and avantone mp1s in the studio and vmoda xs on the go. i have focal alpha 50s running from an audient id22 in the studio and use iloud micros on the go. ok not all top of the line stuff but not consumer stuff either so the "monitoring path" isnt the issue here. the detail and velocity levels are only going to wow other musicians and technicians (including me), the average person is only going to hear it tonally especially in a dense mix. there's just something to the original which i really liked and really suited the kind of music i make but cant seem to replicate it (yet). but as i seem to be the only one missing the tone of the old one then as jamal suggested maybe it could just be a matter of my ears adjusting after over 3 years making music with the original. regardless dont get me wrong studio is absolutely amazing overall, and as a 3.6gb app dedicated only to EPs is really pushing the boundaries of sample based music apps on iOS.

• @ChisomoK said:
    i think i actually prefer the original neo-soul keyz to this. anyone else feel the same? the suitcase was just so gorgeous and i cant seem to replicate it in neo-soul studio. would still use the old one but im anti IAA

I'd go through and check the monitoring path. If listened to play with the on screen keyboard, through the iPad speakers, of course the differences won't be extraordinary.

Listed to through earbuds or cheap consumer headphones, the difference between the two will become a bit more clear; but listen through real studio headphones, Sony MDR-7506's - Beyerdynamic > @ChisomoK said:

@JRSIV said:

I'd go through and check the monitoring path. If listened to played with the on screen keyboard, through the iPad speakers, of course the differences won't be extraordinary.

Listened to through earbuds or cheap consumer headphones, the difference between the two will become a bit more clear; but listen through real studio headphones, Sony MDR-7506's - Beyerdynamic DT100's, etc. then you'll really appreciate the difference. Is OG Neo-Soul Keys shit? FAR from it, it's still an incredible achievement, especially for its time and getting a package like it on an iPad.

Listen with monitors, with some mechanical sounds added, and as @lukesleepwalker said, it's like you're playing a Rhodes in the room. The little key lift resonances?! Come on!

i have focal spirit pros, beyerdynamic dt770 pros and avantone mp1s in the studio and vmoda xs on the go. i have focal alpha 50s running from an audient id22 in the studio and use iloud micros on the go. ok not all top of the line stuff but not consumer stuff either so the "monitoring path" isnt the issue here. the detail and velocity levels are only going to wow other musicians and technicians (including me), the average person is only going to hear it tonally especially in a dense mix. there's just something to the original which i really liked and really suited the kind of music i make but cant seem to replicate it (yet). but as i seem to be the only one missing the tone of the old one then as jamal suggested maybe it could just be a matter of my ears adjusting after over 3 years making music with the original. regardless dont get me wrong studio is absolutely amazing overall, and as a 3.6gb app dedicated only to EPs is really pushing the boundaries of sample based music apps on iOS.

@ChisomoK LOL Damn! Focals!? You are right, there is NOTHING wrong with your monitoring...period. Forgive me for being presumptuous, but it was my only thought of why you possibly weren't hearing/feeling the difference between Neo-Soul Keys OG & Studio.

You know what though brother? If you dig the older package, do work and don't look back. It could be that less velocity layers and a more uniform, less detailed sound suits your ear & playing style better, and there's not a damn thing wrong with that. Do you.

• @GospelMusicians said:
    Is anyone else able to reproduce this issue?

>

Nope. Working fine for me, on iPad Pro 10.5 with latest IOS. Despite this iPad having an intermittent hardware fault.

• @JRSIV said:

@ChisomoK said:
    i think i actually prefer the original neo-soul keyz to this. anyone else feel the same? the suitcase was just so gorgeous and i cant seem to replicate it in neo-soul studio. would still use the old one but im anti IAA

I'd go through and check the monitoring path. If listened to play with the on screen keyboard, through the iPad speakers, of course the differences won't be extraordinary.

Listed to through earbuds or cheap consumer headphones, the difference between the two will become a bit more clear; but listen through real studio headphones, Sony MDR-7506's - Beyerdynamic > @ChisomoK said:

@JRSIV said:

@ChisomoK LOL Damn! Focals!? You are right, there is NOTHING wrong with your monitoring...period. Forgive me for being presumptuous, but it was my only thought of why you possibly weren't hearing/feeling the difference between Neo-Soul Keys OG & Studio.

You know what though brother? If you dig the older package, do work and don't look back. It could be that less velocity layers and a more uniform, less detailed sound suits your ear & playing style better, and there's not a damn thing wrong with that. Do you.

Focal Spirit Pros are quite good aren't they?....... Bought a pair myself!........ ;)

• @studs1966 said:

Focal Spirit Pros are quite good aren't they?....... Bought a pair myself!........ ;)

theyre decent but theyre also actually my least favourite of the headphones i own. i use them mainly for tracking because i think they offer the least leakage but sonically they just dont do it for me.

• @ChisomoK said:

@studs1966 said:

theyre decent but theyre also actually my least favourite of the headphones i own. i use them mainly for tracking because i think they offer the least leakage but sonically they just dont do it for me.

The only thing I think they need is a little more amplification. So I'm going to get a headphone amplifier. So I can hear the mix a bit better. But each to there own I suppose. :)

• @ChisomoK said:

@studs1966 said:

which are your favorite?

• @kobamoto said:

which are your favorite?

1. Avantone MP1
    2. Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro
    3. Vmoda XS
    4. Focal Spirit Pro
  • Anyone else using Neo-Soul Keys with Auria? Are there any issues with MIDI?

• So far so good here. Finished a track just last week using the clav and it recorded and played back perfectly. Zero problems here using iOS 10.3.3 on an iPad Pro 12.9" bought in March 2017.

• edited September 2017

@dvlmusic said:
    So far so good here. Finished a track just last week using the clav and it recorded and played back perfectly. Zero problems here using iOS 10.3.3 on an iPad Pro 12.9" bought in March 2017.

@dvlmusic Is this using the Auria app?

• Yes sorry, I should've specified. Auria Pro.

• @dvlmusic said:
    Yes sorry, I should've specified. Auria Pro.

Thanks so much for the update!

• Downloaded update this afternoon - couldn't crash it - fabulous. Before cashed all the time Thanks for fixing

• @rhaley said:
    Downloaded update this afternoon - couldn't crash it - fabulous. Before cashed all the time Thanks for fixing

Don't get super happy....there is one little tiny crash that we couldn't decipher. It is hidden in some Apple code and it has taken a week for Apple to get back with us. We are waiting for them to contact us concerning this.....After this you can thanks us :)

• @GospelMusicians said:

@rhaley said:
    Downloaded update this afternoon - couldn't crash it - fabulous. Before cashed all the time Thanks for fixing

Don't get super happy....there is one little tiny crash that we couldn't decipher. It is hidden in some Apple code and it has taken a week for Apple to get back with us. We are waiting for them to contact us concerning this.....After this you can thanks us :)

Thanking you in advance anyway :)

• Anyway the app can remember its midi routing and last preset used? Also programme change for presets?

• @rhaley said:
    Anyway the app can remember its midi routing and last preset used? Also programme change for presets?

No program change yet for presets. Yes for the MIDI Learn and Routing.

• I've noticed one thing - that is not a show stopper - just a little odd - and I was wondering if anyone else noticed it. When you are using Neo Soul inside AB3 as an AU. And you click on Neo Would it opens up the Neo Soul interface but the interface is very distorted looking. However if you close it and open it again everything looks fine. It always does this - looks distorted on the first open but then looks fine on every open after that. This is on an iPad Mini 4th generation running the latest OS 10.3.3.

Anyone else notice this?

• @HokieKev said:
    I've noticed one thing - that is not a show stopper - just a little odd - and I was wondering if anyone else noticed it. When you are using Neo Soul inside AB3 as an AU. And you click on Neo Would it opens up the Neo Soul interface but the interface is very distorted looking. However if you close it and open it again everything looks fine. It always does this - looks distorted on the first open but then looks fine on every open after that. This is on an iPad Mini 4th generation running the latest OS 10.3.3.

Anyone else notice this?

Yes I have noticed this but you don't have to close and reopen the window. You just have to wait 2-3 sec and the window is automatically resized correctly

• Why the price has increased to US$ 29,99. It wasn't supposed to stay US$ 19,99 until Set 15? I tried to buy it today and was sad to see that the price was increased. I thought it would change only in set 16.

• @joaoluiz14 said:
    Why the price has increased to US$ 29,99. It wasn't supposed to stay US$ 19,99 until Set 15?

Still very much so September 14th - what's the story @GospelMusicians ?

• @Proppa said:

@joaoluiz14 said:
    Why the price has increased to US$ 29,99. It wasn't supposed to stay US$ 19,99 until Set 15?

Still very much so September 14th - what's the story @GospelMusicians ?

Here where I live is september 15th and the price has already increased. As I've read in the 1st page of this thread (as comented by Jamal of Gospel Musicians) the price would be US$ 19,99 until today, but it already changed.

• I don't know what happened or who fixed it, but I was able to buy it for US$ 19,99 today! ISep 15 th)
    Thanks anyway!

• @GospelMusicians said:

@rhaley said:
    Anyway the app can remember its midi routing and last preset used? Also programme change for presets?

No program change yet for presets. Yes for the MIDI Learn and Routing.

Using as standalone, everytime I go into it I have to reset the midi channels (disable all), and 5 presses to get to the preset I was previously using - am I missing something, or can it remember those things like all my other apps? So pleased its stable now though.

• I see from the website a picture of the app on iphone, but can't find it anywhere - is that coming later?

• @GospelMusicians thanks much for making the 15th window right.

• how many presets come with the app, and anybody got a link to the best video ?

• Still trying to get Auria Pro to work with it but no joy.
    I can get Auria Pro to work seamlessly with iGrand and iLectric (and Galileo and others) and they are all Inter-App, but when I attempt to use Neo Soul Keys (AU), the interface indeed comes up, but no sound comes out. I have the settings exactly as I have for iGrand and iLectric (except for MIDI channel) and I've obviously tried all midi channels, to no avail. I simply cannot get any sound to come out of it. It is routed exactly like all the other tracks within Auria Pro.

Interestingly enough, I ALSO cannot appear to get sound out of the built in Lyra Sampler (just having it on Stereo Grand). It appears to have the same issue that Neo Soul has. Weird.

Baffled.

I DID get it working in Garage Band and while that's great, GB is not exactly the kind of DAW I was hoping to use on this here new fangled Apple everything that I've stumbled onto!

I'll keep plugging away at my end.

Can you remind me what I can do on my end to enable you to see what's happening? Enable Debugging?
    Anything I can do to help you see what's happening on my end.

K

• Also...even though I can't get sound out of it, there's another niggling issue: When you open the Effects rack, you only see two at a time and there appears to be no close box so it's impossible to get out of. Had to shut down Auria and come back in.

Oh...also in Auria Pro, the channels in question are showing MIDI input coming into them. I seriously doubt it's the particular setup. I am using a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, but I removed it from the chain and now I'm merely hooking MIDI out of the Tyros 5 to the iPad and using the headphone output to hear everything.

Again, all of the other instruments seem to work fine (EXCEPT the built in Lyra Sampler...actually all the built in keyboard libraries are not working...sounds like I need to work with Auria as well...maybe their problem helps create our problem with Neo Soul Keys...).

Sigh...I thought the iEverything world was supposed to work and work all the time folks?!
    Bah...not too much different from the Java hype of yesteryear.

Hope to have encouraging news...

K