Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Neo-Soul Keys® Studio is Now AVAILABLE!

Comments

• @SpookyZoo said:

@Trueyorky said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    Hey Guys. Is the AU preset fix live or in the next update?

cheers

It's live :)

Thanks @Trueyorky

I just checked. V1.0.75 however and I'm still not seeing presets as AU in AUM or AB3.

Edit I mean the different EPs are available bottom right, but the only preset top right in AUM is Default.

Both AB3 and AUM work for me - go for the 'presets' button in the AU itself not the host.

• @Trueyorky said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@Trueyorky said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    Hey Guys. Is the AU preset fix live or in the next update?

cheers

It's live :)

Thanks @Trueyorky

I just checked. V1.0.75 however and I'm still not seeing presets as AU in AUM or AB3.

Edit I mean the different EPs are available bottom right, but the only preset top right in AUM is Default.

Both AB3 and AUM work for me - go for the 'presets' button in the AU itself not the host.

Can I request a screenshot? If you get the chance. Cheers :)

• edited September 2017

This is what I see.

No preset bar in top left of Au.

• @SpookyZoo said:

In your pic press the one called Preset next to FX - it works for me.

• Aha, gotcha!!

Thanks for the help @Trueyorky

Appreciated!

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Aha, gotcha!!

Thanks for the help @Trueyorky

Appreciated!

Anytime :)

• @trip96 said:
    Hey Everyone, here is a video showing my issue. Hope it's better than a screenshot. Thanks again. Sorry for bad phone quality and motion. Just wanted to share this quickly.

Hey Jordan...Thanks for the video. However, we cannot produce this issue. Can you please try again and move the volume slider after changing to the preset. This will determine if the issue is the preset recalling or something with the actual VKFX EQ or the recalling of the preset.

Is anyone else able to reproduce this issue?

• Just tried exactly the case Jordan demonstrated and everything works fine here. (iPad Pro 10.5, iOS 10.3.2)

• Works fine here @trip96 did you try to delete and reinstall the app?

• GospelMusicians and @Trueyorky Going to try an uninstall reinstall now. Takes a bit cause of size, so I
    l'll post later this afternoon. The volume slider did not work.

• @GospelMusicians I know this is quicker than I thought it would be but, I just deleted and re-installed the app and now the 60's tube preset seems to make noise! I will update if there are nay other problems.

• @funjunkie27 said:
    Starting to poke my head out from what was a miserable past three years. Upgraded to an iPad Pro 10.5 with 256G and got the app knowing the devs history with quality. Loving the sounds, and this is my first stab at incorporating it...

Wow, Russell congrats!

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    Wow, Russell congrats!

Thanks John!

• edited September 2017

Just bought NSKS, sounds great BUT crashes consistently on my ipad pro 12". I wanted to use it live but no way! Very dissapointed, also it does not save last state, so every time it crashes, I also have to press a few more buttons to get the previous sound back up, which live would not be great. Shame. I am using it as a standalone running in the background fed via midi flow - not using AUM. All other synth apps rock solid, including the amazing new Ravenscroft piano.

• edited September 2017

Sounds great but crashes every few minutes, simply whilst playing.
    Air 2 (MGKL2B/A)
    iOS 10.3.3
    MIDI controller keyboard via USB lightning adapter via hub
    Alesis iO4 interface

• Yeah, constantly crashing here too. It is disappointing, because it sounds so bloody good! Still, I submitted my crash log as suggested and I'm sure they are working on it.

• To echo others comments the sound of the app is amazing. And incredible value even if it wasn't on sale. The update fixed the issues I was having - no other issues so far. Great job!

• Having the same issue with the crashes. Ipad Pro 12,5" ios 10.3.3. Also, the last settings are not stored, which is pretty bad. Would like to have the app on a specific midi channel on startup, just like for the amazing ravenscroft 275.

Another bothering issue, when loaded directly via AUM, I dont get any sound? Anyone experiencing this too?

• @GospelMusicians said:
    We think we've found the issue pretty fast, but we need more people to send the Crash reports to make sure that it is not something else. Please email us from the https://gospelmusicians.com/contact_us/. Please attach the crash report that can be found from the following instructions:

How to retrieve Crash Report:

1. Open the Settings app
    2. Select Privacy
    3. Select Analytics
    4. Select Analytics Data
    5. Locate any logs that are named Neo-Soul Keys (listed in alphabetical order)
    6. Open the most recent crash log for the App and Copy all of the data
    7. E-mail us the Crash Log to our https://gospelmusicians.com/contact_us/

PS: Once again sorry for the bugs and the crashes. Hopefully the $19.99 price point makes up for it. We are on it and want this to be one of the best apps ever created for EP sounds.

Done...
    Any value in sending any crash log other than the most recent one? I appear to have more than one created by the same app version, just different events...

• edited September 2017

May be a slightly dozy question, but does this app have a software keyboard, or is it entirely played via a hardware midi keyboard?

• @Zen210507 said:
    May be a slightly dozy question, but does this app have a software keyboard, or is it entirely played via a hardware midi keyboard?

Software keyboard toggled by [Keys] button top right of screen.

• @robdean said:
    Software keyboard toggled by [Keys] button top right of screen.

>

Many thanks, Robdean. :)

• edited September 2017

@GospelMusicians is an update in the works for the crashes?

Some of the presets are just insanely authentic. Like sitting in a room with a beat up old Rhodes.

• i think i actually prefer the original neo-soul keyz to this. anyone else feel the same? the suitcase was just so gorgeous and i cant seem to replicate it in neo-soul studio. would still use the old one but im anti IAA

• @ChisomoK said:
    i think i actually prefer the original neo-soul keyz to this. anyone else feel the same? the suitcase was just so gorgeous and i cant seem to replicate it in neo-soul studio. would still use the old one but im anti IAA

I do not feel the same, but they are both excellent. I feel more life and warmth and responsiveness in the new version, though when something feels 'right' it can be hard to isolate quite why or how that is: pure analog instruments can be the same ;-)

• edited September 2017

@ChisomoK said:
    i think i actually prefer the original neo-soul keyz to this. anyone else feel the same?

Nah.

• Updates on the way. We are waiting for Apple on this really weird obscure crash.

As far as the Suitcase on the old one. It can be a case of muscle memory. The new version has about 6 more velocity levels and is the most detailed. But I understand.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ChisomoK said:
    i think i actually prefer the original neo-soul keyz to this. anyone else feel the same?

Nah.

Not really.

• edited September 2017

@GospelMusicians said:
    Updates on the way. We are waiting for Apple on this really weird obscure crash.

As far as the Suitcase on the old one. It can be a case of muscle memory. The new version has about 6 more velocity levels and is the most detailed. But I understand.

That a real thing!, people don’t talk about it a whole in here but it’s true, the way you play has a lot to do with the sound, it doesn’t matter how good the samples are if your technique it’s not as good.

• edited September 2017

@ChisomoK said:
    i think i actually prefer the original neo-soul keyz to this. anyone else feel the same? the suitcase was just so gorgeous and i cant seem to replicate it in neo-soul studio. would still use the old one but im anti IAA

I'd go through and check the monitoring path. If listened to played with the on screen keyboard, through the iPad speakers, of course the differences won't be extraordinary.

Listened to through earbuds or cheap consumer headphones, the difference between the two will become a bit more clear; but listen through real studio headphones, Sony MDR-7506's - Beyerdynamic DT100's, etc. then you'll really appreciate the difference. Is OG Neo-Soul Keys shit? FAR from it, it's still an incredible achievement, especially for its time and getting a package like it on an iPad.

Listen with monitors, with some mechanical sounds added, and as @lukesleepwalker said, it's like you're playing a Rhodes in the room. The little key lift resonances?! Come on!

I interned at one studio & worked sessions in another project studio playing bass on demos & jingles and both had Rhodes pianos. Now, I'm no keyboard player, I use keys to add chords & bits to my songs plus I like having the sounds around for those who do play. But from my plinking and then seeing other cats playing those two Rhodes, I'm still in bewilderment at how close AN IOS APP sounds to them.

I have no stock in Gospel Musicians. I don't have a dog in the hunt other than as a musician excited that technology and artistry has reached this level. I see it as a challenge to other app developers: if they can make an electric piano package sound this good, on iOS, what are we doing? What can we do?