Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Neo-Soul Keys® Studio is Now AVAILABLE!

Comments

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@brice said:
    Late to the party on this one, but purchased last night. Just so I'm clear, it's a known issue that it does not load inside of AUM, nor does it contain any factory presets, yeah? Is there an update in the works? @GospelMusicians

I truly hope so/believe so.....must say I did some stuff late last night in Cubasis and the amount of variation/options/control to what are already a lovely set of sounds makes this feel like the next level of AU....just need that handy preset saving thingie :) So much feeling/depth in this stuff.

Oh dear, now my senses are tingling. Did anyone try recording AU parameter changes with this ?

• I must have gotten lucky because I was able to load/play it in AUM and the presets worked just fine for me as well...I wonder if it's because I opened it standalone first?

• @theartwebreathe said:
    I must have gotten lucky because I was able to load/play it in AUM and the presets worked just fine for me as well...I wonder if it's because I opened it standalone first?

You must be on iOS 9?

• The app sounds/plays amazing by the way - incredible work @GospelMusicians

• I will buy this soon. Hoping to see the update fixing AUM usage and presets before I pull the trigger.

I would also love confirmation that the iPhone version mentioned in the original post would be Universal and not a separate purchase?

• Curious how you were able to get it to load in AUM. I'm on 10.3 as well and it's a no go for me. Strange.

What about the presets that would normally populate this area (below). The ones you highlighted in your screenshot, I believe, are just the individual piano types and not "performance" type of presets with effects settings, etc. Though I'm just guessing on that one.

• @brice @GospelMusicians ok so it looks like the "performance" presets are NOT loading for me, just the EP Sound presets.

As far as how I got it to load in AUM...it just worked for me, didn't do anything special. The ONLY thing I could think is that maybe it worked because I loaded it standalone before trying to load it as AUv3? But that's just a guess.

• Having had time to dig into the new version I feel like I got away with robbery or something paying just $19.99 for this. There's been very few apps I felt that way about: Auria Pro along with the Fab Filter plug ins, Moog's Model 15 and GM's Neo-Soul Keys are professional, desktop level tools available for pennies on the dollar spent in the desktop recording sphere.

The Rhodes stuff of course is excellent, building on what made the original great but what's been the biggest surprise is how good the Wurli stuff sounds. Go to about 19:00 in the YouTube video above to hear the incredible depth they got on the new Wurli's. @GospelMusicians Jamal's playing is so smooth and his enthusiasm is infectious while demonstrating the Wurli tones.

The clavinets are another brilliant new facet of the Studio version too. With some compression and tube overdrive you can use the low clavi notes for adding some grit & bite to bass or guitar riffs, same with the Wurli's low end. It's phenomenal. I just had to thank @GospelMusicians again-yeah, like any huge app project like NS Studio there's some bugs to be ironed out, but for what is most important anyway, the sounds, they've brought the definitive EP instrument to iOS.

• Thanks @JRSIV This is what we love to her. Update coming hopefully this week.

• @JRSIV completely agree, Jamal's enthusiasm is infectious. A great video which shows real passion for music. I laughed at one point hearing those details of dirt he's so proud off. A impressive bit of audio modelling and a brilliant app. Congraturations @GospelMusicians.
    I might have to buy it just so I can give it a review!

• I would argue that the Gospel Musicians EPs are the most authentic sounding anywhere. I've been chomping at the bit for a iOS clavinet for ages, and this is INCREDIBLE. Having owned a Fender Rhodes for 15 years, I am extremely familiar with the orchestra of mechanical noises they make, and having the ability to dial them in just makes this thing sound SO real. Then to take it the opposite direction and really dial in some impossible tones... brilliant.

Jamal - you're killing it with this. I can't wait to dive into the presets when the update hits.

• @dvlmusic said:
    I would argue that the Gospel Musicians EPs are the most authentic sounding anywhere. I've been chomping at the bit for a iOS clavinet for ages, and this is INCREDIBLE. Having owned a Fender Rhodes for 15 years, I am extremely familiar with the orchestra of mechanical noises they make, and having the ability to dial them in just makes this thing sound SO real. Then to take it the opposite direction and really dial in some impossible tones... brilliant.

Jamal - you're killing it with this. I can't wait to dive into the presets when the update hits.

Plus plus exactly.

• @dvlmusic said:
    I would argue that the Gospel Musicians EPs are the most authentic sounding anywhere. I've been chomping at the bit for a iOS clavinet for ages, and this is INCREDIBLE. Having owned a Fender Rhodes for 15 years, I am extremely familiar with the orchestra of mechanical noises they make, and having the ability to dial them in just makes this thing sound SO real. Then to take it the opposite direction and really dial in some impossible tones... brilliant.

@dvlmusic One of the biggest issues for musicians (I'm sure some fans too) who grew up when I did & beforehand (born in '75, into music by '82) is that the quest for perfection has robbed a lot of music of it's soul.

Just because every note vocally and instrumentally can be tuned & every rhythm, transient and drum sound can be locked to the grid doesn't mean it should be.

Listening to Stevie Wonder's albums Talking Book & Innervisions you can hear the Rhodes on certain tracks with full on mechanical sounds & grit. Being able to dial in the level of dirt you want is a perfect way to keep tracks from sounding over MIDI'd.

• Absolutely! That's the same reason why pianos are so hard to emulate - there's a lot more going on than a single tone or set of overtones. If you want authenticity when you're modeling a physical instrument, you have to keep the ugly stuff in there too. Hammond Organ emulators understood this about 15 years ago, but it's like the technology is only finally catching up to the electric pianos.

Now - any chance of emulating a Yamaha CP-80? Jamal? Yamaha? Anyone?

Is this thing even on?

:wink:

• Just bought it, this counts as an instabuy for me because I was moving into a new house this past week and didn't get internet until today. First impressions are Wow this is the BEST sounding keys on iOS bar none. I have always been the biggest fan of the original Neo Soul Keys, but this makes me consider deleting it because the new one is just so much better. Do I understand correctly that this is AU only? As an Audiobus purist I will miss connecting this as an audio input and toggling back to it as I play it into a DAW, for me the AU screens in DAWs are less fun than the whole app. But kudos to Jamal, I didn't know anything could sound this good!!!

• @NoiseHorse said:
    Just bought it, this counts as an instabuy for me because I was moving into a new house this past week and didn't get internet until today. First impressions are Wow this is the BEST sounding keys on iOS bar none. I have always been the biggest fan of the original Neo Soul Keys, but this makes me consider deleting it because the new one is just so much better. Do I understand correctly that this is AU only? As an Audiobus purist I will miss connecting this as an audio input and toggling back to it as I play it into a DAW, for me the AU screens in DAWs are less fun than the whole app. But kudos to Jamal, I didn't know anything could sound this good!!!

Pretty little thing, aint she?

Most certainly NOT just AU....

• Fantastic App. The best sounding and most flexibel EP‘s on the market yet!!

Have problems with Preset Browser on my iPad Pro iOS11 b8. Saveing is not working at all! I‘m assuming it‘s just a „beta thing“.

• Great app. Now I'm curious about their upcoming drum app ;)

• @erdstern said:
    Fantastic App. The best sounding and most flexibel EP‘s on the market yet!!

Have problems with Preset Browser on my iPad Pro iOS11 b8. Saveing is not working at all! I‘m assuming it‘s just a „beta thing“.

Dev is aware and addressing etc. Hope for a new version this week.

• Update submitted. I hope they will review it by Friday.

Updates:

• Fixed Presets
    • Fixed popping with looped sounds
    • AUv3 Now works in AB3 and AUM
    • Fixed issue with Device List too small
  • @GospelMusicians said:
    Update submitted. I hope they will review it by Friday.

Updates:

• Fixed Presets

Thank you! It's awesome.

• @GospelMusicians said:

Updates:

• Fixed Presets

Brilliant. That's my weekend sorted...

• edited August 2017

@GospelMusicians said:

Updates:

Great! Thanks for this.

• Update is live! Looking forward to diving in this weekend. Thanks dev!

• Can't wait to get home and get gritty with it!

• AMAZING!!!

I LOVE the new Wurlies!!!

• Getting a MIDI loop rolling on this and surfing through the presets is just fine fine fine. Nice to hear it as intended now.