Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Neo-Soul Keys® Studio is Now AVAILABLE!

Comments

• These guys are so good at'what they do!!
    Thanks!!
    Neo-Soul Keys® Studio Introduction Video - Sound Demos

• We sincerely apologize for this. For those who think we did not test this.....Please see attached video. As you can see the presets are working on the test builds and we have thoroughly tested AUM as we know this is the top AUv3 hosting app. In fact, we went back and made sure the RAM was cut by 50% so that lower powered iPads could run. All of our tests were done using an underpowered iPad 4th generation.

Obviously something went wrong during the build or possible corrupted build during the encoding. We will look into it, but please don't think we are that careless to not test such important features.

• Congrats on the release @GospelMusicians and thank you :)

• No worries here. I'm sure you'll get the issues sorted. I've got a TestFlight account if you need people to test on different configurations. (iPad Pro 10.5, iOS 10.3.2, AUM, AB3, BM3, ... oh, who are we kidding, all the other music apps as well)

• @JohnInBoston said:
    No worries here. I'm sure you'll get the issues sorted. I've got a TestFlight account if you need people to test on different configurations. (iPad Pro 10.5, iOS 10.3.2, AUM, AB3, BM3, ... oh, who are we kidding, all the other music apps as well)

Thanks John....the issue is not actually the test builds. As you can see our tests were great even with AUM. The issue is probably a switch or something in the distribution portion.

• edited August 2017

It seems there are also a few bugs with midi.
    A few apps don't work as midi controllers with neo soulkeys studio.
    Seems there is a bug with virtual midi.
    Sorry for my poor explanation.

• @GospelMusicians Bought anyway because of your track record for quality. As they say: Form is temporary, class is permanent. Have no doubt you'll straighten out the needful. Congrats on the release.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @GospelMusicians Bought anyway because of your track record for quality. As they say: Form is temporary, class is permanent. Have no doubt you'll straighten out the needful. Congrats on the release.

Thanks man...We already found the issue.

• This is incredibly generous for $19.95. I was expecting IAPs. Thank you, @GospelMusicians!

• edited August 2017

I really wish i had money on my itunes acco :/ Been waiting for this since it was announced

• @ToMess said:
    I really wish i had money on my itunes acco :/

I really wish I didn't...

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    This is incredibly generous for $19.95. I was expecting IAPs. Thank you, @GospelMusicians!

I think it's cheaper than v1 was once the IAPs are taken into account. More better and for less.

• edited August 2017

Agreed - I've been waiting for a good clavinet for iPad for ages and to have all the different pianos included with the purchase cost - amazing. I paid nearly as much for just 2 pianos for the original Neo Soul keys and now I've got those and WAY more.

Looking forward to having the presets working and to dive in deeper. Now I can finally stop using the clav I sampled from Reason all those years ago.... It'll be so nice to have a dynamically responsive clavinet.

• Anybody try this with an iPad Air 1 yet? Given the size of this beast, I'm wondering if my Air 1 is up to the task.

As an example, I can play the 2GB Ivory piano in Korg Module. I get about 100-note polyphony. It is pretty good most of the time, but it will start to drop notes if I hold down the sustain pedal and do like hand over hand arps all the way up the keyboard. But certainly playable for most things. No buffer distortion or anything like that.

Will Neo Soul Keys offer similar performance?

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    Anybody try this with an iPad Air 1 yet? Given the size of this beast, I'm wondering if my Air 1 is up to the task.

I can check later today.

• @richardyot said:
    I think it's cheaper than v1 was once the IAPs are taken into account. More better and for less.

This raises the question as to whether to delete the original NeoSoul Keys, or not. It might be nice to have two pianos playing at the same time.

• By the way, I wanted to point out the NeoSoul Keys studio is not universal. So keep your original NeoSoul Keys on your iPhone.

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@richardyot said:

This raises the question as to whether to delete the original NeoSoul Keys, or not. It might be nice to have two pianos playing at the same time.

Isn't neo soul studio AU then?

• @BiancaNeve said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

Isn't neo soul studio AU then?

Oh, yes, winning point. Even still! like IAA redundancy some time. E,g, Both Animoogs in Audiobus.

• edited August 2017

I'm really excited about the new New Soul Keys Studio iPad app. But, when I installed it on my iPad Air 2, I had the same issue that others have mentioned. The Presets section is completely blank. No Factory Presets at all. However, I'm sure that Jamal and his team will fix this bug very quickly. I wish Gospel Musicians the best of luck with their new iOS app.

• edited August 2017

Alright, couldn't resist buying this after watching the brilliant demo :blush:
    It sounds great so far! 5 minutes into checking it out there are 2 things I think could be improved:
    When playing the onscreen keys the menu for selecting pianos is behind the top area of the keys which means it's not possible to check through the different pianos without turning off the keyboard. Why not keep the menu in the foreground? Another thing is in the Neo-Soul Wurli 1 The lower notes seem to be very bright and keep resonating at top velocity as long as the keys are held. That surely shouldn't be the way it's meant to be and it sounds very artificial... And yes, no presets here. Looking forward to the fixes and possibly a universal update.

• The sound is tops, but yes - there are some interface and sample things that needs to be tweaked.

• @dvlmusic said:
    The sound is tops, but yes - there are some interface and sample things that needs to be tweaked.

Thirded.

• Does this unpack as 11 gb or 4 gb ?

• @Munibeast said:
    Alright, couldn't resist buying this after watching the brilliant demo :blush:
    It sounds great so far! 5 minutes into checking it out there are 2 things I think could be improved:
    When playing the onscreen keys the menu for selecting pianos is behind the top area of the keys which means it's not possible to check through the different pianos without turning off the keyboard. Why not keep the menu in the foreground? Another thing is in the Neo-Soul Wurli 1 The lower notes seem to be very bright and keep resonating at top velocity as long as the keys are held. That surely shouldn't be the way it's meant to be and it sounds very artificial... And yes, no presets here. Looking forward to the fixes and possibly a universal update.

Did you try using the left/right arrows to cycle through the sounds?

• @Trueyorky said:
    Does this unpack as 11 gb or 4 gb ?

It doesn't unpack. It's 4GB lossless, which means that the the samples stay at 4GB native and our system can read the lossless directly without having to unpack, but the sound is detailed as if it were 11GB.

We developed our own custom lossless format just for this.

• @GospelMusicians said:

@Trueyorky said:
    Does this unpack as 11 gb or 4 gb ?

It doesn't unpack. It's 4GB lossless, which means that the the samples stay at 4GB native and our system can read the lossless directly without having to unpack, but the sound is detailed as if it were 11GB.

We developed our own custom lossless format just for this.

OK thanks :)

• Any reports on an Air 1?

Can you delete sample sets that you're not planning to use?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Sounds a bit buggy to me, why do devs release unfinished items. AU not eorking in AUM and AB3. Presets not working. If they knew that why release! Sounds like a rush job give us your money to me.

¡Holy cynicism, Batman! You write as if they're Monsanto. Or Korg even. It's an indie dev with a solid track record. Shit happens.

• @syrupcore said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Sounds a bit buggy to me, why do devs release unfinished items. AU not eorking in AUM and AB3. Presets not working. If they knew that why release! Sounds like a rush job give us your money to me.

¡Holy cynicism, Batman! You write as if they're Monsanto. Or Korg even. It's an indie dev with a solid track record. Shit happens.

Not only does it inevitably happen, but the guy's already on it....