Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hesitate between these two products.maybe.could you help me?

Imac ultimate 27 inch https://www.apple.com/lae/imac/

Macbook pro 15. https://www.apple.com/fr/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro/15-inch

I'd'like to use one of these products for home recordîng.i don't mind portability.
I'll use my ipad air 2 as a sound source via my apogee quartet.i know i'll need dongles to plug allmy gear,but this not really a problem.
What would be your choice,knowing that power is the most important criteria for me.
Thanks!!

Comments

• edited August 2017

For home use I'd always go for the desktop option - a bigger screen is essential for me, particularly with using DAW's such as Logic. I can plug my MacBook Pro into an external monitor but it's a hassle, and you end up with leads all over the place.

Power wise I think either would be fine, but the bigger screen will speed up your workflow anyway.

• Thanks for answerîg.
    Does the difference in ram(16 gb for the mac pro vs 8gb for the imac) matters a lot?

• edited August 2017

I faced the same dilemma a while back and went with the iMac

The increased screen estate more than make up for less ram and i've had zero issues in Logic with lack of ram. It's more than powerful enough for Logic, Unity3D, Cheetah3D, Affinity's/Motion and what ever else i've thrown at it

You will need a different mouse though. The magic mouse that comes bundled with it is horrible

• @flo26 said:
    Thanks for answerîg.
    Does the difference in ram(16 gb for the mac pro vs 8gb for the imac) matters a lot?

I don't have problems with 8gb in my laptop - the only issues I have are with disk speed (it's an old laptop) so a decent SSD is essential.

• I'd go for the iMac 21" Retina model in it's base config. Ram and clock are much overrated.
    Screen size depends on personal eye conditions:
    in my case I'd put it rather close, so the relatively small size (in todays estimation) is less eyestrain.
    If you prefer a greater viewing distance, a larger screen might apply better.

• I have a Mid 2014 MacBook pro 15 with 16gb ram, 2.5 i7 processor. It handles pretty much anything I through at it. Multiple instances of giant Kontact libraries are fine. I always like the ability to take my macbook anywhere so I will vote for it.

I also got a deal on a 21inch acer monitor for less than $100 so screen size isnt an issue when I am sitting at my desk. It also gives you 2 screens(the laptop and the external) for even more screen space. I put my daw on one screen and then I can drag plugins to the other.

• Thanks guys!
    Thanks audiogus,great article.
    I think i'll go for the imac 27 inch.
    Cheers!

• edited August 2017

I had an iMac 27" with a 5k screen for a week or two here last year (had to return it unfortunately due to a fault), and Logic looked stunning on it. An absolute dream to work on.