Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Can’t get Icon G-Board MIDI to work with iPad

I was hoping to just plug it in and use MIDI learn, but the MIDI signals aren’t being seen by the apps.

The G-Board itself connects just fine. The apps see it as a connected controller. I have a feeling I have to change the mode it’s working in. The default is GTR. Should I pick CC, or something else, in the iMap app on my Mac?

Sorry if I’m getting the terminology wrong. I’m pretty new to MIDI.

Comments

• I picked CC and it works. I’ll leave this here for anyone else who is having the same trouble. :)

• thanks! I have an icon keyboard and may try the same

• Now it’s working, it’s a revelation. Just like using a Looper pedal, only way more powerful. Currently hooked up to Looperverse.

• Hi i read that g board can’t be used with ipad because it doesn’t provide the enough power.
    I tried to look one video on youtube that show what you said but i can’t find it.
    I believe you but just to clarify before buy something that maybe doesn’t work for me, you are telling me that with g-board you can use like this video?

Or this one

I would like to buy something that let me have at least 2 channels of looping (more is better but st least 2) and the looper station are a little expensive, i doesnt care that the pedal doesn’t record the loop itself. I don’t mind use logic x or garageband in mac or garageband in ios (or loopy hd whatever) but i need something that i could activate with my foot.

• Yes, it works just fine with the iPad. If you have power problems, you can connect it with Apple’s powered camera connection kit.

• I have the g-board and Apple Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter, but am still getting a "Cannot Use Accessory" message because the g-board "requires too much power". I've used two different lightning chords, just to make sure something wasn't faulty. The iPad I'm using is an iPad Air running OS 12.5.5 (model ME997LL/A). Anybody have any ideas for troubleshooting?