Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BeatMaker 3.0.2 online!!!

Comments

• edited August 2017

Not in the USA yet :D

EDIT: just appeared!

• The weekend is saved!

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    The weekend is saved!

** from a couple of potential BM3 crashes ;)

• this update pleases me greatly. now all it needs is the ability to scale lock the piano roll and i could pretty much be 100% of the time in BM3.

• Also check the BM3 store for a 2nd free starter pack........

• How do you navigate to banks within banks? The left right narrow isn't doing a thing

• @Dchild said:
    How do you navigate to banks within banks? The left right narrow isn't doing a thing

Add more than 8 banks, it'll start a new bank bank (which I'm happy about! - more banks without 'subcategory' style browsing if you use less than 8!)

• Where is the step modulator located?

• Ok found it cool love how this works. Love the full screen.

• Ok just had my first crash trying to save a step modulation so still a bit buggy.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    this update pleases me greatly. now all it needs is the ability to scale lock the piano roll and i could pretty much be 100% of the time in BM3.

No need for modstep anymore?
    :-O

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Ok just had my first crash trying to save a step modulation so still a bit buggy.

Did you notify them, to get this fixed?

• Issue with LINKED apps with sequencers not playing correctly is fixed! Great work Intua

• @tja said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    this update pleases me greatly. now all it needs is the ability to scale lock the piano roll and i could pretty much be 100% of the time in BM3.

Note I said "could". Doesn't mean I will :tongue:
    Modstep is just faster for me to sketch ideas with. Specially it's scale locked step sequencer and pianoroll...

• edited August 2017

Waiting for midi export/ableton set export. useless until then

• edited August 2017

@yonhorizon said:

:o :| :# :)

Gotta pretty limited use case there cowboy

• edited August 2017

(Duplicate post deleted)

• edited August 2017

@yonhorizon said:

Exaggeration award achieved.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@tja said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

Modstep is just faster for me to sketch ideas with. Specially it's scale locked step sequencer and pianoroll...

This thing has no scale locked piano roll?!? What is this 2014?

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@tja said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

Puzzled about the scale lock - BM3 does allow the user to select a scale type:
    (Which affects both pad and piano - it doesn't rearrange black and white keys it simply doubles the scale steps onto adjacent keys)

But I'm not clear on how one selects the key of the selected scale

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@tja said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

BM3 doesn't have follow actions yet, right?

• edited August 2017

Okay I found how user sets key for selected scale: tap the control on lower left for "octave" Bank pads, and it toggles to "semitones" that sets the root for your selected scale...

This does change the scale on the piano keys as well, but doesn't change the layout of black and white keys (scale steps are repeated to adjacent keys)

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@tja said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

It has something called 'focus actions' in the latest update. Dunno what they are yet!

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@tja said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

It has something called 'focus actions' in the latest update. Dunno what they are yet!

Oh yeah, the focus actions are nifty--but they don't really have anything to do with follow actions (a la Ableton).

• @Littlewoodg said:
    Okay I found how user sets key for selected scale: tap the control on lower left for "octave" Bank pads, and it toggles to "semitones" that sets the root for your selected scale...

This does change the scale on the piano keys as well, but doesn't change the layout of black and white keys (scale steps are repeated to adjacent keys)

That still isn't a scale locked piano roll though. It's just a scale locked virtual keyboard. I own a launchpad pro so it literally doesn't affect me at all whether it exists or not. A scale locked piano roll however. I can just draw patterns immediately within the scale I select. Something Bm3 still lacks

• edited August 2017

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Littlewoodg said:

That still isn't a scale locked piano roll though. It's just a scale locked virtual keyboard. I own a launchpad pro so it literally doesn't affect me at all whether it exists or not. A scale locked piano roll however. I can just draw patterns immediately within the scale I select. Something Bm3 still lacks

Huh? If I set a pad to a specific scale the Pattern view only gives me access to the notes in that scale I use this all the time.

The Pattern view is always in the scale I set the pad to. It's not global but is per pad...so there is a little setup...but what you are wanting is there.

Now fwiw I never use the virtual keyboard, I either use the Pads or drop notes directly in the sequencer view.

I love this app. o:) <3

• @echoopera said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Littlewoodg said:

Huh? If I set a pad to a specific scale the Pattern view only gives me access to the notes in that scale I use this all the time.

The Pattern view is always in the scale I set the pad to. It's not global but is per pad...so there is a little setup...but what you are wanting is there.

Now fwiw I never use the virtual keyboard, I either use the Pads or drop notes directly in the sequencer view.

Wierd. I could have sworn version 3.0 didn't have this.

• edited August 2017

Ah that semitones thing, I was looking for the root, didn't spring to my mind that this is how it can be achieved. Clever.

• edited August 2017

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@echoopera said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Littlewoodg said:

Wierd. I could have sworn version 3.0 didn't have this.

Give it a gander. Coming from modstep and it's unique workflow makes using BM3 a lot easier. Once you find your zen you can accept it's constraints...which are diminishing with each update. B)

I just had an aha moment yesterday using the Patterns popover in the song view to jam out riffs and record n# sequences and drop them on timeline. This app just keeps surprising me with how deep and thorough it actually is.

• edited August 2017

More banks is nice but it is a shame they didn't just support it in 3.0 and number them sequencialy.