Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Replicant 2 by Audio Damage iPad AUv3 │ Full Tutorial - haQ attaQ 236

This haQ attaQ episode is a Full in-depth tutorial on Replicant 2. Impressive is one word I would use to sum up what's been coming out of the duo that is Audio Damage Inc. Chris and Adam has been pounding out Audio Units (AUv3) like there's no tomorrow. So whats Replicant 2? Well Audio Damage Calls it a Buffer Mangler Effect. But simply put, Replicant 2 is a sophisticated Tempo Delay effect. Check the video for a full walkthrough!

haqattaq

Comments

• Hello to all replicant users,

Do you know how to midi the manual triggers? In the manual it says it it should respond to midi notes, but I can't find out how to do it with my current configuration.

I am hosting Replicant 2 as a AUv3 in AUM.

@j_liljedahl : is it even possible to send midi notes to an hosted app in AUM?
    @Chris_Randall : do you have any experience with Replicant 2 hosted in AUM?

Thank you all for your answers and help!

• @ttk said:

Of course. How else would you play a hosted synth? :)

• Thanks for this Jakob, I’ve got the app but a bit puzzled by it to be honest, so your vid will help.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Thanks for this Jakob, I’ve got the app but a bit puzzled by it to be honest, so your vid will help.

It’s especially great with drums.

• @ALB said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Thanks for this Jakob, I’ve got the app but a bit puzzled by it to be honest, so your vid will help.

It’s especially great with drums.

Yeah, works well - some I can’t get it to work with though - Elasticdrums for example, doesn’t seem to have an effect. I’m probably doing something wrong, hopefully I’ll pick up a few tips in the vid.

• @ttk I can get the triggers in the big circle to toggle by midi note, but I can’t find how to connect to the vertical Manual trigger strip (the one they mention in the manual).

In the user guide, it says you can trigger the manual trigger strip with midi notes.
    But there is no way to connect to Replicant through the usual midi port method. It doesn’t show up anywhere in AUM. This is true for AU or IAA.
    The only option is to connect you KB to Midi Control in AUM, then go into the MidiControl section for your track containing Replicant. Open the AU parameters and find the ones called Triggers. There are 16 of them and they are at the end of the list. These represent the 16 trigger steps in the big circle.
    Make sure you select note instead of cc, and that your midi channels match. Use any midi note range you want, it defaults to midi note 0.

• Sorry @CracklePot I don't quite understand.

Do you say you succeed achieving the same results by controlling the 16 "trigger steps" ?

• @j_liljedahl said:

@ttk said:

Of course. How else would you play a hosted synth? :)

Yeah, sorry my bad, I realized it was a stupid question afterward (Duh... :s )

• Great video Jacob. More on other audio damage plugins like discord would be super. You are super cool.

• @ttk said:
    Sorry @CracklePot I don't quite understand.

Do you say you succeed achieving the same results by controlling the 16 "trigger steps" ?

No, I couldn’t find the AU parameters for the Manual Trigger strip mentioned in the manual. All I found was AU parameters to toggle the invidual triggers on or off. But it doesn’t do the same thing as the Manual trigger strip, which has more of a stutter-sounding effect that gets held while you press on the strip. The Trigger AU parameters just turn each of the 16 steps on/off.

Mainly, I was just trying to confirm that there is weirdness with trying to follow the user guide to use Midi to control Replicant. It doesn’t seem possible, since there is no normal midi port visible in any apps.
    I was trying to guide you through using the AU parameters, which can work in the place of the usual virtual midi method. But I couldn’t find the Manual Trigger Strip in the AU parameters. Most likely because it is set up for Midi Control from a Midi Keyboard, using the missing virtual midi port.

I didn’t carefully parse that long list of AU parameters. It is possible that I overlooked the Manual Trigger Strip parameters. Maybe take a closer look, as they may be named something slightly different and I didn’t see them when scrolling through the AU parameter list.

• So, I got a answer from @Chris_Randall at audio damage.

He confirmed the manual trigger are not midi accesssible on ios, because of auv3 restrictions.

Anyway, since Turnado turned auv3 I solved my problem by using the (awesome) sugar byte app.
    (https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/26908/turnado-updated-to-auv3#latest )

• I can see myself using this instead of another instance of Turnado. I just have to find a way of slaving Loopy to AUM reliably or until AB3 gets midi controllable transport.

I’ve always liked replicant but never managed to integrate it because of Loopy not being a AUV3 host.

I guess Loopy Pro will be out of the equation for a while.

• @supadom said:
    I can see myself using this instead of another instance of Turnado. I just have to find a way of slaving Loopy to AUM reliably or until AB3 gets midi controllable transport.

I’ve always liked replicant but never managed to integrate it because of Loopy not being a AUV3 host.

I guess Loopy Pro will be out of the equation for a while.

I do succeed to integrate Loopy -> Aum -> Replicant.

Where are you stuck?