Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Infinite Looper 2.4 user manual

Hey, folks -- I've been spending some time putting together a user manual for Infinite Looper (new version should be dropping soon -- updated user interface, and a few other goodies).

Here's a link to the manual -- http://www.secretbasedesign.com/apps/il-manual.html

Feedback on it would be much appreciated -- too much detail? Not enough? Something missing?

I'm still working on a section for MIDI learn, Ableton Link, and might do a section on general-purpose-MIDI-that-everyone-should-know-but-nobody-does.

Comments

• Thank you!
    Think it's pretty good. Never could be too detailed, as long as info is organized well.

• Thanks for this.

• perfect timing!

• edited August 2017

Excellent bedside reading etc. Thanks for your efforts...of course, I'd love it in a PDF :)

• Much appreciated

• Just what I needed, thank you. Agree that PDF would be great.

• Oh, thank you!!!
    Will read and report back!

• Thank you! I am just getting started with this app, and have been a bit confused, so this is welcome.

If I may offer a suggestion: including some musically compelling projects / compositions with the app, either created by you or talented users, would be nice and perhaps motivational for using the app. Taking a cue from other popular apps, I've enjoyed as standalone works of music some of the demo songs in Nanostudio, MusicStudio, Beathawk, etc. One of my kids' favorite songs is a demo in Caustic. Just and idea.

• edited August 2017

Nice, that's my lunchtime reading sorted.

@receder @JohnnyGoodyear Regarding the PDF if you're on an iPad you can export it as a PDF to iBooks.

Somefing wot I have just dun.

• Any chance to get remote start/stop via AB3 in the future?

• @TheVimFuego said:
    Nice, that's my lunchtime reading sorted.

@receder @JohnnyGoodyear Regarding the PDF if you're on an iPad you can export it as a PDF to iBooks.

Somefing wot I have just dun.

Well done that man.

• Annoyingly I can't find any typos in the manual.

Maybe Cubasis instead of Cubase on page 2?

I like finding typos it satisfies the nit-picker in me.

• Thanks! I think I'll buy the app now because of this.

• @TheVimFuego Good point thanks :)

• @TheVimFuego said:
    Annoyingly I can't find any typos in the manual.

Hah! Then you've missed it, then! I spotted a couple, and will push out an update in a few days (working on the MIDI learn stuff right now).

WRT AB3 -- not sure if/when that will happen -- I need to put AU support in, and get better support for Link, so there's a bunch on the plate already.

• @SecretBaseDesign said:

@TheVimFuego said:

Hah! Then you've missed it, then! I spotted a couple, and will push out an update in a few days (working on the MIDI learn stuff right now).

WRT AB3 -- not sure if/when that will happen -- I need to put AU support in, and get better support for Link, so there's a bunch on the plate already.

Keep eating Captain.

• Would love to see the "stuff that everyone should know " section.

• @SecretBaseDesign said:

@TheVimFuego said:

Curses, my powers are waning, need to pay a visit to The Crossroads to replenish.

• 2.4 update should be hitting your local Apple servers now -- and it's all on sale for a few days. Everyone was griping about how the app looked, so I changed that, and now everyone can gripe about how the app looks now! Lots of MIDI learn enhancements; should have this spelled out in more detail in the manual, with updates happening in the next couple of days.

• Don't forget to put a dateline or revision date imprint somewhere on the documentation, so we all know if changes or updates have been made, etc.

• Looks good :smile:

Thanks a bunch!

• @u0421793 said:
    Don't forget to put a dateline or revision date imprint somewhere on the documentation, so we all know if changes or updates have been made, etc.

Good call -- will do.

• @SecretBaseDesign watched the update video again, a good refresher. I do love this app, and especially (as you note) the ability to get past the perfect 16 bar loop. No small thing.