Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Glitchbreaks and Sector VS Replicant

With all the audio damage hype, it seems that it's been overlooked that in the glitch zone, we already have two beat cutting/ glitching apps par excellence

Glitchbreaks by @distraub and Sector by Kymatica

These two do a lot and automate everything. From the demo vids and descriptions I cannot see why I would need replicant too

Does anyone have all three apps and can be specific if replicant brings anything new to the table apart from AUV3 please

Comments

• I guess not really but the AUv3 thingy does make them a bit more popular. IMHO.

• Replicant is simpler to fire up and use almost immediately. I don't make the typical electronic music, but I love it to add little bits of randomness here and there to drum machine patterns.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Replicant is simpler to fire up and use almost immediately. I don't make the typical electronic music, but I love it to add little bits of randomness here and there to drum machine patterns.

Is there a REPLICANT video?

Do you need to have MIDI into it?

• @RustiK said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Replicant is simpler to fire up and use almost immediately. I don't make the typical electronic music, but I love it to add little bits of randomness here and there to drum machine patterns.

Is there a REPLICANT video?

Do you need to have MIDI into it?

Ithere are some videos on youtube. And no you dont need midi in, just clock from play/stop etc, so it knows when to start and stop its sequencer. The idea is that it applies effects based on its internal sequencer. I played some with it and seems really cool. One especially cool trick i figured with it, is to have like 2 or 3 replicants in a row with effects on different beats, then you turn the replicants on/off, sometimes playing none, sometimes 1, 2, 3 or more.

• Have made a refund for Replicant 2 even if I thought it is a good app but much preferences for Effectrix, better audible results in less time, better randomization, clearer UI for what you do...
    If IMHO can help....