Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria Pro - Not cutting properly

I have a vocal loaded as audio in AP. What I'm tying to do is select a section, cut this out, and paste it into another track. Just as I've done in previous projects. Only, this time, no matter how carefully I select the section, cut and paste is taking two or three times the length.

Any ideas as to what has gone wrong/ what I'm doing wrong? As far as I can tell nothing has changed. I've tried dismissing AP from memory and starting again, but no joy.

Comments

• I'm by no means an audio in Auria expert so i have little to offer in this thread but just to make sure - is snap off?

• Never seen this issue - I cut and paste all the time (was doing it just this morning to some comped vocals).

Could you post some screenshots of what is happening? Are you using the Split Tool to cut up your audio?

• @richardyot said:
    Never seen this issue - I cut and paste all the time (was doing it just this morning to some comped vocals).

Could you post some screenshots of what is happening? Are you using the Split Tool to cut up your audio?

All I'm doing, as I did successfully in previous projects, is select a section, then use copy or cut from the menu. Then place the cursor, set to events, at the appropriate place, select the track and paste from menus.

Just tried this again, and blow me down, the first effort worked. Trying it again, selecting a similarly small piece of audio, produced the larger, second in line paste seen in the second screen grab.

• edited August 2017

Second grab

• edited August 2017

Oh-oh, for no reason I can see, it just started working again. Errrr, wait a minute, it's gone wonky again, cutting more than selected.

• Okay, solved this sort of. If I select desired section, copy, then move handles so that copied section no longer shows, I can paste copy where I want, and the right length. No idea why this works, or what the glitch is. But if anyone else comes across it, this is a quick fix.

• I tend to use the Split Tool to cut the region first, before copying and pasting, rather than the marquee. Just split the region and then tap to select, then copy and paste.

I think what's happening here is that the marquee tool is copying the entire audio region rather than the small section - it might be determined by the exact way in which the marquee is drawn, will have to test.

• @richardyot said:
    I tend to use the Split Tool to cut the region first, before copying and pasting, rather than the marquee. Just split the region and then tap to select, then copy and paste.

I think what's happening here is that the marquee tool is copying the entire audio region rather than the small section - it might be determined by the exact way in which the marquee is drawn, will have to test.

Okay, thanks for the advice. Will try that method next time. FWIW, I was zooming in, carefully selecting the section I wanted, making small adjustments, then using copy or cut from the menu. So, logically, it should have done exactly as instructed, yes?

• @Zen210507 said:

@richardyot said:
    I tend to use the Split Tool to cut the region first, before copying and pasting, rather than the marquee. Just split the region and then tap to select, then copy and paste.

Okay, thanks for the advice. Will try that method next time. FWIW, I was zooming in, carefully selecting the section I wanted, making small adjustments, then using copy or cut from the menu. So, logically, it should have done exactly as instructed, yes?

Possibly - I'm not sure if it's a bug or a property of the marquee selection, will test and see.

• I just did some testing and I think you're experiencing a bug, because no matter what I tried to do the marquee selection was always pasted as a smaller audio fragment and not the entire audio region.

• And yes, I always separate the marked region before copying and pasting.

• @theconnactic said:
    Better report it to @WaveMachineLabs!

I gave up on that a long time ago. Small things that should have been fixed, are never important enough to get to the top of the pile. :'(

• @Zen210507 said:
    Okay, solved this sort of. If I select desired section, copy, then move handles so that copied section no longer shows, I can paste copy where I want, and the right length. No idea why this works, or what the glitch is. But if anyone else comes across it, this is a quick fix.

Thanks for the tip....