Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AB3 State Saving & BeatHawk & Others...

Guys I'm bummed to find out that BeatHawk doesn't remember my selected preset in Cubasis. Don't know what other apps do this but I really hope BH devs fix this. Devs out there, is it really difficult to implement this feature?

Comments

• Sad but true @MusicMan4Christ . One of my bugbears because Beathawk has such awesome sounds!

• Please send UVI an email, @MusicMan4Christ. I've sent one and asked that they add this in a future release. More input will help make the case.

• Are you using it as an AUv3 or as IAA? State should always save when running as an AUv3.
    The AU interface is difficult to work with, but you can always create in the IAA, save the project, then load the AU and recall the project. You only have to do this once and it should save whatever state it's in when the Cubasis project is closed.

However, if you were to modify that project in the IAA version and save it, the AU would not recall the saved version. It only saves it's currently running state. Make sense?

I haven't tried this in Cubasis, but it all works that way for me in BM3.

• edited August 2017

Thanks! Been using it as AUv3. But I think it does save state in BM3 but not in Cubasis. Didn't use AB3 though; maybe I should try that.

I'll send them an email :)

• ... confused. You mention AB3 state saving in the title, and Cubasis in your initial post. Which are we talking about here?

• Yeah you're right I did have it inside AB3 sorry, need more fish oil :D :|

• wimwim
    edited August 2017

OK, well the answer is the same though. If the standalone (IAA) app doesn't support AudioBus state saving then that's something to get after the developers about. However, if it has an AUv3 version, like BeatHawk does, it should always open up to the same state it was in when you saved the project in the host app.

If it doesn't then that's another story.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Please send UVI an email, @MusicMan4Christ. I've sent one and asked that they add this in a future release. More input will help make the case.

Really. What gives you that idea? While BeatHawk has superb sounds, the makers have never bothered to respond to any e-mail I sent. As a company, they seem to be set on doing what they want to when they want to do it. Interaction with customers isn't their thing,

• @Zen210507 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Please send UVI an email, @MusicMan4Christ. I've sent one and asked that they add this in a future release. More input will help make the case.

Really. What gives you that idea? While BeatHawk has superb sounds, the makers have never bothered to respond to any e-mail I sent. As a company, they seem to be set on doing what they want to when they want to do it. Interaction with customers isn't their thing,

They responded to my email, fwiw.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    They responded to my email, fwiw.

I'm pleased to hear that.