Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to get beathawk2 to send midi to my synth?

edited August 2017 in General App Discussion

I clicked the midi out thing on the preferences, and it doesent send out midi(tried with two different setups, restarted the app etc), cant find anything else related to midi out in the app, and manual or their tutorial videos arent up to date, so no mention of midi out. Midi input works.

So whats the magic trick?

Comments

• Try doing it within AB3.

• edited August 2017

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Try doing it within AB3.

It doesent appear on midi sender slot, and if i put it on audio slot, i cant select midi output and doesent send midi out.

I did notice that phasemaker and troublemaker do appear as midi senders(i thought they cant send midi), and i think it might suit my needs better(but some note recording might be useful, so still interested on getting bh midi out). I bought another usb dongle, so can now have both ipad and phone hooked to interfaces, and trying to marry the phone with minibrute, and trying to find a sequencer that i dont haveto pay for and can use until bm3 iphone version comes out.

• edited August 2017

@ToMess said:
    I clicked the midi out thing on the preferences, and it doesent send out midi(tried with two different setups, restarted the app etc), cant find anything else related to midi out in the app, and manual or their tutorial videos arent up to date, so no mention of midi out. Midi input works.

First attempt with Beathawk 2 sending MIDI to Cubasis 2.1 - no problem at all!

IOS 11 beta 6 and iPad Pro 12.9” 2017...

Every settings ok?

• edited August 2017

delete post...

• tjatja
    edited August 2017

Yes, i started BH, then set MIDI Out, then started Cubasis with a new MIDI track and could select BH as source - and was able to record!

You may have some background task (NOT visible in the task manager) disturbing.

Try the full-reset-boot-till-apple-sign, this helps.

You can also see them, when you closed all Ableton Links Apps, but still there are links shown in BH.

BTW, i cannot see it as MIDI Out in AudioBus ...

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@ToMess said:

First attempt with Beathawk 2 sending MIDI to Cubasis 2.1 - no problem at all!

IOS 11 beta 6 and iPad Pro 12.9” 2017...

Every settings ok?

Cubasis can be loaded to audio output, and maybe thats why it gets configured as the midi output. However im trying to do this on a phone and send to a minibrute via usb.

Seems like beathawk is able to send midi out, but unable to configure where its being sent, and thus cant send out of the app directly, but needs an iaa or audiobus host to route the midi.. And because audiobus has separated midi and audio inputs like this, i cant use ab to send midi to the synth either. And i dont have anything to host bh to, except aum, ab2 and ab3.

Ill see if resetting works later, if not, ill declare bh as waste of money for me again.

• It sends on Channel 1 only, as far as i can tell

• I think you could use MidiFlow Adapter use use BH in AudioBus