Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

This iPad is Starting to P*ss Me Off (Any Advice?)

It crashes and crashes and crashes incessantly. (By crash, I mean it takes me directly to the apps view and resets itself.). This of course only happens when I use Audio Units. I have the latency set high enough (at least as high as it goes in Cubasis), and if I dare have more than two instances of Beathawk, crash. If I dare have more than five instances of, say, pumphouse and it's processing audio only, crash. Crash crash crash crash crash.

Tried the same thing in BM3, and crash crash crash. Tried it in Auria, but for some strange reason, it wants to keep its latency at 4096 no matter what I try to set it to, so the audio units don't make any sound/block sound, period. Point being. it's starting to get me down a bit. This iPad Pro 2017 was supposed to be the powerhouse with its a10x chip, 4gb ram, 512gb storage. Instead, it isn't.

I even updated from iOS 10.3.2 to iOS 10.3.3, but it's the same ol' sh-t. Is this a hardware issue or software issue? I'm going to read this entire thread to see if the answer lies in there. https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/20114/new-ipad-pro-12-9-2017-problem-with-latency-and-digital-noise-temporarily-solved#latest However, I'm disheartened and not seeing a bright future with this iPad Pro.

Any advice?

Comments

• Hang on in there. It's probably pining for ios11

• edited August 2017

@BiancaNeve said:
    Hang on in there. It's probably pining for ios11

Lol, just as I am. I wonder if this is an audio units thing though. Gadget works fine as does Beathawk.

• edited August 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    Hang on in there. It's probably pining for ios11

Lol, just as I am. I wonder if this is an audio units thing though. Gadget works fine as does Beathawk.

I know how you feel, similar things on my 10.5, you can tell it's powerful just a real pain to use at the moment, hoping Apple gets it together, then the developers fix the problems after.

• edited August 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Get a refund.

• tjatja
    edited August 2017

Staying at iOS 10.3.3 with my iPad Pro 9.7 and will get a new iPad Pro (2017) 12.9 when iOS 11 is stable for at least 3 months on some revision 11.x.y

:D

• Apart from the rotation bug no issues at all on my Air 2.

• You are all holding it wrong dudes.

• @Cib said:
    You are all holding it wrong dudes.

That's what she said.

• edited August 2017

I have had zero issues i ascribe to the new iPad

I have encountered the whole au fx crash in AUM with specific aus but since they work in Auria i believe that's a software issue

I think you might be overestimating what your iPad should be capable of. Honestly, 5 instances of a complex effect and numerous instances of what ever au synths is not something you can take for granted even with 4gb ram

Heck, on my iMac i still freeze or bounce tracks once processed just to free up power elsewhere. Plus there is something to said for committing to a given sound instead of getting stuck polishing. At least for me

• I have been having some random crashing in cubasis with audio units as well
    So far my experience going from my old iPad mini to a new 10.5 pro hasn't been the smoothest
    Got the early adopter curse I guess haha.
    I usually have a rule with technology that I stay one gen behind the current model. Might have to go back to that.

• edited August 2017

@jn2002dk said:

I have encountered the whole au fx crash in AUM with specific aus but since they work in Auria i believe that's a software issue

I think you might be overestimating what your iPad should be capable of. Honestly, 5 instances of a complex effect and numerous instances of what ever au synths is not something you can take for granted even with 4gb ram

Heck, on my iMac i still freeze or bounce tracks once processed just to free up power elsewhere

+1 on all accounts. I haven't even crashed once yet. I've tried to crash Affinity Photo (one of the reasons I upgraded) and have yet to do so. Even tried piling on a ton of complex hi-res image layers, just to see if I can crash it, and still solid.

Only issue I've seen is the AU loading thing in AUM, but it worked fine in Auria Pro, so I've come to the same software issue conclusion.

To be candid, I've expected more issues with this new cpu, display, form factor, etc. but it's been pretty smooth so far. As a general rule, I don't buy any electronics that are V1.0 but it was time for me and I didn't want to wait until the Spring for the next version.

If it's this good and solid with 10.3.3, I'm really looking forward to what it can do with iOS11

• @skiphunt said:

@jn2002dk said:

Heck, on my iMac i still freeze or bounce tracks once processed just to free up power elsewhere

+1 on all accounts. I haven't even crashed once yet. I've tried to crash Affinity Photo (one of the reasons I upgraded) and have yet to do so. Even tried piling on a ton of complex hi-res image layers, just to see if I can crash it, and still solid.

Only issue I've seen is the AU loading thing in AUM, but it worked fine in Auria Pro, so I've come to the same software issue conclusion.

To be candid, I've expected more issues with this new cpu, display, form factor, etc. but it's been pretty smooth so far. As a general rule, I don't buy any electronics that are V1.0 but it was time for me and I didn't want to wait until the Spring for the next version.

If it's this good and solid with 10.3.3, I'm really looking forward to what it can do with iOS11

That new task bar in iOS 11 is going to be so freaking awesome

• How about backing up and doing complete reinstall.
    Also some apps work better if you delete them and download updated version instead of updating it after installed. Happened to me with BM3 and Cubasis. After delete, reboot and reinstalled apps no issues. Air 1 latest.

• I’ve had more luck with beathawk multi-instancing by going directly into the plugin instance and clicking New Project before loading an instrument. This clears out the default kit which consumes additional RAM. That said. I still avoid going above two instances on any AU. Thankfully there are lots of different AU synths to choose form. I stay far as hell away from iSem though.