Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 11 beta 6

Anybody download this and can confirm if bm3 and Auria pro are working? Just came out a few hours ago. Thanks

Comments

• I only own Auria, and it still doesn’t work.

• According to the release notes, AB3 may crash in this version.

• BM3 still not working

• AB3 not working

• Thanks y’all, I guess I’m skipping this one too. It’s disappointing that Apple didn’t address it this time.

• @ion677 said:
    Thanks y’all, I guess I’m skipping this one too. It’s disappointing that Apple didn’t address it this time.

Why even install a beta OS?

• @AudioGus said:

Exunctly. Don’t install an OS beta then complain when something breaks. That’s what the beta is for - to find out what it breaks, then fix it before release.

I’d wager the issues with iOS 11 beta and BeatMaker 3/Auria/Audiobus/Klimper all relate to changes in Audio Units. I’ve got a lot of AU apps with issues and very few music related non-AU apps with issues. The latest beta release notes specifically mention that it breaks Audiobus 3. That’s a pretty clear signal that Apple are aware of the issue and are working to fix it.

• @TheMediocritist said:

@AudioGus said:

Exunctly. Don’t install an OS beta then complain when something breaks. That’s what the beta is for - to find out what it breaks, then fix it before release.

I’d wager the issues with iOS 11 beta and BeatMaker 3/Auria/Audiobus/Klimper all relate to changes in Audio Units. I’ve got a lot of AU apps with issues and very few music related non-AU apps with issues. The latest beta release notes specifically mention that it breaks Audiobus 3. That’s a pretty clear signal that Apple are aware of the issue and are working to fix it.

But how do you find the problems if no one tests the beta?

• @AudioGus said:

@ion677 said:
    Thanks y’all, I guess I’m skipping this one too. It’s disappointing that Apple didn’t address it this time.

I tried going back to 10.3. Even with a few issues, 11 beta is a much better user experience on iPad Pro. It feels much more like a computer than a big phone. The dock, the files app, the launcher screen, etc are amazing. iOS 11 beta 3 has been pretty stable, so I think I’ll stick with it for a while.

• @TheMediocritist said:

@AudioGus said:

I can't see any complaining, I can see helpful feedback to the wider community from people with more than one device and doing some valuable testing.

Funny thing, perspective...

• My understanding is that OS betas in particular are in a constant state of flux with some libraries being intentionaly turned on and off at differeny stages. Seems like it is more for devs than users.

• @AudioGus said:

@ion677 said:

Because I can! And, have three iPad to play with :-)

• @TheMediocritist said:

@AudioGus said:

But, now we have come to beta 6, and, hopefully the OS must all be about bugfixing, not changing strange library functions that makes big apps like Beatmaker 3 and Auria Pro dysfunctional...

I’ve always runs beta versions of iOS every summer and fall, but, this iOS 11 beta 5/6 have been the most unreliable versions of iOS since iOS 4 beta 4...

• edited August 2017

Coming in from the side here, but beta software is beta software. I think this term has been watered down since Apple started making them public, but there is literally no justification for complaining about things not working correctly when running beta software. Not meaning to single anyone out here, but I think we need some perspective.

I am also very impatiently waiting for Apple to sort this out so I can go buy a 2017 iPad. Hopefully when ios11 release is out we can all just go back to just making music.

• @willhindson said:
    Coming in from the side here, but beta software is beta software. I think this term has been watered down since Apple started making them public, but there is literally no justification for complaining about things not working correctly when running beta software. Not meaning to single anyone out here, but I think we need some perspective.

I am also very impatiently waiting for Apple to sort this out so I can go buy a 2017 iPad. Hopefully when ios11 release is out we can all just go back to just making music.

My 2017 iPad works great on 10.latest.

• edited August 2017

@ion677 said:

Disappointing only if it’s not fix by the time of release. This is a beta.

A beta.

A beta.

A beta.