Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BeatHawk No Longer Works With Studiomux!

Just trying this for the first time in a while and I find that BeatHawk as an IAA instrument is now totally unusable with Studiomux. It just transmits overloading noise. It almost seems as if input is patched to output and it is creating a feedback loop. It creates instant noise which totally hoses Studiomux.

Can anyone else confirm this?

UVI, if you are reading this, can you fix BeatHawk so that IAA will work with Studiomux again?

Best,
Lady App-titude

P.S. Just tested with BeatHawk as an AU and audio seems to work (i.e., it doesn't blow up like IAA), but I can't get it to receive MIDI. Maybe there's a trick to this? I've never used an AU w/ Studiomux before.

Comments

• edited August 2017

Not sure about the first problem, but the second problem (AU not playing) is easy. You need to select the pad the instrument is on, and then switch it to "Pitch" mode. This should get it working.

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    Just trying this for the first time in a while and I find that BeatHawk as an IAA instrument is now totally unusable with Studiomux. It just transmits overloading noise. It almost seems as if input is patched to output and it is creating a feedback loop. It creates instant noise which totally hoses Studiomux.

UVI, if you are reading this, can you fix BeatHawk so that IAA will work with Studiomux again?

Best,
    Lady App-titude

P.S. Just tested with BeatHawk as an AU and audio seems to work (i.e., it doesn't blow up like IAA), but I can't get it to receive MIDI. Maybe there's a trick to this? I've never used an AU w/ Studiomux before.

Just load it in Ab3 and send the Audio to studiomux. Or use modstep.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Not sure about the first problem, but the second problem (AU not playing) is easy. You need to select the pad the instrument is on, and then switch it to "Pitch" mode. This should get it working.

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean. The problem I'm having is that Beathawk instantiated as an AU in Studiomux will not respond to external MIDI coming from my keyboard in my DAW. It works if I play the notes on screen with the iPad, but no MIDI is being received from my keyboard.

• edited August 2017

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Lady_App_titude said:

Best,
    Lady App-titude

Just load it in Ab3 and send the Audio to studiomux. Or use modstep.

Don't have AB3. Have AB2. Don't know what modstep is. Never had to use AB w/ Studiomux before. It should just respond to external MIDI input like every other instrument.

• I can add that when I tested with another AU instrument in Studiomux, it also does not receive MIDI. In the MIDI window I can see MIDI activity coming in when I play my keyboard, but it is not getting to the loaded AU instrument. I see no way to add it as a destination in the MIDImux window. (And with IAA instruments, you don't have to do that anyway.)

I guess I need to seek out some sort of tutorial about using AU instruments with Studiomux. I wish IAA worked, then I wouldn't have to waste my time on this.

@BastienCo Can you help? Why does IAA not work with Beathawk and Studiomux? Can you fix it?

• Hi @Lady_App_titude
    We contacted StudioMix in order to be able to investigate this case.
    Sorry for the trouble, We'll come up with a fix if necessary.

• @BastienCo said:
    Hi @Lady_App_titude
    We contacted StudioMix in order to be able to investigate this case.
    Sorry for the trouble, We'll come up with a fix if necessary.

Thanks @BastienCo. Let me know if you need any further info from me. I am using the latest version of Beathawk, Studiomux, iOS, and a Mac running El Capitan. Should be easy to reproduce. All you need to do is hook everything up and try to play a note. It instantly makes a horrible noise and stays stuck that way until you quit the app.

Everything worked fine in the past, and other IAAs work fine, so I suspect it is something with Beathawk 2.05's implementation of IAA.

Beathawk as an AU works but as far as I can tell Studiomux does not support routing of MIDI to an AU.