Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Why does music genre exist

Enjoy......

Genre
  1. What is it for9 votes
    1. To make marketing and selling music easier
      66.67%
    2. Because the artist makes that type of music
        0.00%
    3. Because we have to label everything
      33.33%

Comments

• edited August 2017

What? First option not available ?

EDIT: I fixed it

• Let me try again...damn this is hard work

• I give up.....go for it

• There, I bit. C'mon people! :-)

• So I don't waste my time listening to music I've never heard before.

• So the kids know which sample packs to buy and which YouTube tutorials to search for so they can make a proper "big room drop".

But yeah, it's the second choice

• edited August 2017

@noisefan said:
    So I don't waste my time listening to music I've never heard before.

Hahaha! slaps head of course!

So the artist can resent being pigeonholed
    ... or jump on the latest bandwagon

Option 3

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/comic-strip-presents/videos/all/bad-news-tour/2795486615001

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Marketing. 'Rock' and popular music in general was a lot less compartmentalized than it is today back in the 60s and 70s.

• Because I am really feeling like some horror-core dubtrap grime right now.

• edited August 2017

I'm not a big fan of genre labeling because in addition to being limiting it is also frustrating when you create something different or new to your own ears and immediately you're expected to do the genre dance:

•"It's EDM with a little Acid House thrown in dude."

• "Well the first half is shoegaze/electro-emo but the last part is mini dub."

•"You know that's totally late period Eno, man."

It is a pain in the ass AS a musician/artist. But as a listener/consumer? It's an unavoidable reality. There's no way genre marketing will ever go away. Since the 1920's and way before the identification of musical style was commonplace and really a necessity for success.

The mixture that sprang from the musical cauldron of blues & New Orleans ragtime was helped by it's cool brand name: Jazz. Would it of been as successful if it was called Rooty Tooty Ballyhoo music?

It's embarrassing, even insulting at times, but music genre's & labels are just a fact of life. I wish there was an intellectual evolution to overcome it but I could say that about hundreds if things much more important that humans still do...

• So that people can say they were into horror-core dub trap grime way before anyone else but that they have moved on now

• How else would you find "fax machine funk ?"

• encenc
    edited August 2017

Anyone notice how kids of today are into more than one genre of music ?
    There was none of that nonsense when I war a lad :o

• Sometimes it feels like genres only exist to brainwash people and keep them away from exploring different types of music. There's good & bad music every 'genre'...

• Yeah option 1, voted the third 1 jus cus

• Its all down to the taxophilic urge....

• Because I.e. grime and folk sound radically different. I understand it might be frustrating if you tend to blend different stuff in your music but a vast majority of musicians subscribe to a genre or two.

It would be a massive waste of time if you had a metal band looking for a drummer and had jazz drummers showing up for the audition. Maybe not.

• Genre mashups are awesome :D

• @brambos said:
    Because I am really feeling like some horror-core dubtrap grime right now.

Lame. so 2016

• @Tickletiger said:
    Its all down to the taxophilic urge....

Find your own forum weirdo.

• @brambos said:
    Because I am really feeling like some horror-core dubtrap grime right now.

Interesting.....

If genre wasn't a single thing in respect of a tune but instead it was multiple things..it would work better......
    i.e A tune can have multiple genres....much like tags......there would be no need for making all the sub genres we have these days

• It's all just a scam to keep music journalism running.

Source: was an amateur music journalist

• @jrjulius said:
    It's all just a scam to keep music journalism running.

Source: was an amateur music journalist

Yes, Their gatekeeper role keeps diminishing, doesn't it?

I have a friend who worked for one of the biggest jam bands in the country, and he once asked me why most music scribblers didn't care for jam bands. I told him that it was because jam bands had avenues to reach their audience directly, and didn't need the writers to break their bands.
    Full disclosure: I like a lot of critics darlings, and don't really care for jam bands.