Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My 2nd album release!

Released my2nd full length album today. 11 songs - all 100%Gadget this time. Probably my last album that relies on Gadget so much. I can see next one being mostly BM3 possibly..

Anyways. Here's the link - mostly smooth minor key electronic grooves in the 65-105 bpm range. Hope you like it

https://bristolmanor.bandcamp.com/album/volumetric

Comments

• edited August 2017

Hit play as soon as I got the email.

Currently on track 10 "With Restraint"...Gorgeous!

Well done, again!

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Hit play as soon as I got the email.

Currently on track 10 "With Restraint"...Gorgeous!

Well done, again!

Thanks buddy!

• Cool really nice grooves bro!

• Congrats on your release. It's a really cool album with great sound quality.

• indeed, really good sound, lots of variations - you did Korg a big favour :+1:
    best 'Gadget in a nutshell' I suppose...

• You did a great job here man, so many people may hear "made all in one app" and think back to demos included with their first Yamaha PSR keyboards. You avoided the over MIDI-ness pitfall and one of the coolest things is the song lengths. The songs come in, make a statement, if there's a motif or hook they're repeated enough to cast the line and then out, song over. It makes the record more accessible to non EDM/electronic music fans. Really well done.

But tell me, are some of the titles the self-generated Gadget variety or just influenced by them? :smile: Come on, I'm busting balls, but sometimes those instant random titles are so bad their good. Congrats @Halftone , very cool release.

• Thanks everyone.

Yes some of the titles were Gadget generated - others based off what Gadget named them and changed slightly I strongly dislike writing words/lyrics/song titles! Some of them are quite cheesy I agree. I definitely should spend a bit more time on that aspect. Or learn to write them down somewhere whenever I think of a decent one

• Heard all of them twice, and now again!
    Like it.

And I cannot say that Gadget sounds like Gadget.

BTW, you want to use BM3 next, but sure you will use other Synths too - or just BM3?

• @tja said:
    Heard all of them twice, and now again!
    Like it.

And I cannot say that Gadget sounds like Gadget.

BTW, you want to use BM3 next, but sure you will use other Synths too - or just BM3?

Oh yes definitely synths and other apps inside BM3. And I'll more than likely still use Gadget quite a bit. I have so many song ideas started inside Gadget that could be developed

• Halftone - this is a REALLY entertaining listen. Normally I'm not into this sort of thing, but I popped on the first track and haven't turned it off since. Really nice job!

• @dvlmusic said:
    Halftone - this is a REALLY entertaining listen. Normally I'm not into this sort of thing, but I popped on the first track and haven't turned it off since. Really nice job!

Thanks man. I've actually heard similar comments more than a few times before about "not usually my type of thing, but I really like your music.'

• I sat and gave the whole thing a spin earlier today. Really dig it - nice job. Looking forward to hearing what you come up with next!

• @Halftone said:
    Released my2nd full length album today. 11 songs - all 100%Gadget this time. Probably my last album that relies on Gadget so much. I can see next one being mostly BM3 possibly..

Anyways. Here's the link - mostly smooth minor key electronic grooves in the 65-105 bpm range. Hope you like it

https://bristolmanor.bandcamp.com/album/volumetric

Good work man. Congrats.

• I bought all three of your albums!
    Only $4 for each, i am sorry.

• edited September 2017

Your stuff is always good ... it's going on in the office tomorrow and I'll let you know my thoughts.

• Can you give any more details? E.g. Much mixing/mastering outside of Gadget?

Used Marseille in it much? Or Milpitas? (The two Gadget synths in most interested in at the moment).

• I can hear Brussels in that first track :)

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Can you give any more details? E.g. Much mixing/mastering outside of Gadget?

Used Marseille in it much? Or Milpitas? (The two Gadget synths in most interested in at the moment).

Just brought the tracks from Gadget into Adobe Audition on PC and used the mastering preset with very slight limiting, reverb, exciter. All at no more than 15-20%. I've tried AudioMastering app on iPad - but Audition seems to get better results for me.

And yes - lots of Milpitas Gadget used! It's very nice. Not much Marseille.

@tja said:
    I bought all three of your albums!
    Only $4 for each, i am sorry.

Thanks a lot! Nothing to be sorry about!

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    I can hear Brussels in that first track :)

Ha yes - that was one Gadget I didn't like much at first - I kinda made myself try to use it a bit more lately.

• @Halftone said:

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    I can hear Brussels in that first track :)

Ha yes - that was one Gadget I didn't like much at first - I kinda made myself try to use it a bit more lately.

I never use it myself. But I think you've made it work well in that track.

• Yes, all of this stuff is very professional!

And those who don't like Gadget or think it sounds bad or the same should hear this.
    Love it.

• Another from the wouldn't normally be my thing camp here but I really enjoyed thie album. Excellent use of gadget but I do think some of the tracks are crying out fir a vocal.

• @enc said:
    Another from the wouldn't normally be my thing camp here but I really enjoyed thie album. Excellent use of gadget but I do think some of the tracks are crying out fir a vocal.

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that...and I agree.