Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The mysterious dinosaur: Physynth

edited August 2017 in General App Discussion

Just now strolling through the back alleys of my "ABSTRACT" folder of apps, several pages deep, and I came across Physynth. This thing was always intriguing and confusing as all hell. But I've gotta think, I don't believe I have ever seen another app that has implemented 3D motion / design in the way Physynth does....or did, as it's no longer on the App Store. It really is kind of an amazing app that does some rather unique tricks with sample playback and physics. And its GUI is very deceptive...particularly after a few weekend treats. The thing is, I've never once heard this app mentioned. I don't even know now I originally found it. Maybe it was before my time here. Either way, all this to say, if you're like me and have this app stashed away, forgotten, crack it open.....and then help me to get it off the same damn piano sound. If user samples can be loaded in here then this thing is a ticking goldmine.

Comments

• edited August 2017

Found this video. Sounds wonderful. Alas.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

Old school Tim to the rescue. Perfect. Thanks for the link I shoulda known to look to his page. And geez, now I'm really bummed that this thing has been abandoned and removed from existence. Wondering what else can do this sort of thing....as in multiple samples with these unique playback parameters living within a synth sort of architecture....maybe anything? And I didn't see in Tim's video him showing how the GUI reacts to physical movement of the device, but that is just damn cool. Even for novelties sake and nothing else.

• I saw it in the AppStore before and was always intrigued, shame it's gone.

If you like that you'd like Dhalang MG which can do similar things. You can't draw your own shapes but you can design intricate physics based scenes which trigger samples and external or built in synths.

• I like it. I had to talk to Apple because it wasn't in the spanish store.

Dinosaur...I'm agree.

• That's unfair.
    :-)))

You made me curious, and then this thing is already dead :-(((

• I've got PhySynth and I'll raise Ellipsynth...

• @tja said:
    That's unfair.
    :-)))

You made me curious, and then this thing is already dead :-(((

I know...I know...it was a shifty move on my part o:) my apologies. I'm with 'ya though. Unless I make a time capsule out of my iPad i imagine I willl soon be missing a whole lot of amazing apps like this one. I'm pitiful for neglecting so many of these treasures!

• @knewspeak said:
    I've got PhySynth and I'll raise Ellipsynth...

Interesting. What is this Ellipsynth all about? You find it useful and or inspiring? Is it another antique with an experation date?

• I don't plan to upgrade my iPad Pro 9.7 to iOS 11
    For this, I will wait a long time and may then just get a new iPad :-)

• @brice said:

@knewspeak said:

Interesting. What is this Ellipsynth all about? You find it useful and or inspiring? Is it another antique with an experation date?

Henry Lowengard updated Droneo recently. If there's enough interest I'm sure he'd update Ellipsynth.

• Ellipsynth is a sample manipulation tool, unfortunately it's self contained, so no connectivity, here's another blast, on newer devices has a severe bug....
    SpaceLab...

• @knewspeak said:
    Ellipsynth is a sample manipulation tool, unfortunately it's self contained, so no connectivity, here's another blast, on newer devices has a severe bug....
    SpaceLab...

Check mate!

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@knewspeak said:
    Ellipsynth is a sample manipulation tool, unfortunately it's self contained, so no connectivity, here's another blast, on newer devices has a severe bug....
    SpaceLab...

@knewspeak said:

http://www.plastaq.com/scythe/

• @RustiK Scythe.....noooooo, back away, devil peddler! That is the one and only app out of hundreds that COMPLETELY debilitates my iPad the second I open it. Tap the icon, very loud disconcerting POP comes out of all 4 speakers, then I'm locked up until a force restart. Keep that thing away from me!

But well played either way. I'll see your spawn of Satan app and raise you dudes an Eera!

• @brice said:
    @RustiK Scythe.....noooooo, back away, devil peddler! That is the one and only app out of hundreds that COMPLETELY debilitates my iPad the second I open it. Tap the icon, very loud disconcerting POP comes out of all 4 speakers, then I'm locked up until a force restart. Keep that thing away from me!

But well played either way. I'll see your spawn of Satan app and raise you dudes an Eera!

Anything interesting going on with that one? It's been at the bottom of my wish list for years it seems.

• I was in touch with the Scythe dev a while ago. He said he was going to fix it...

• @oat_phipps said:

@brice said:
    @RustiK Scythe.....noooooo, back away, devil peddler! That is the one and only app out of hundreds that COMPLETELY debilitates my iPad the second I open it. Tap the icon, very loud disconcerting POP comes out of all 4 speakers, then I'm locked up until a force restart. Keep that thing away from me!

Anything interesting going on with that one? It's been at the bottom of my wish list for years it seems.

Ehh, if I'm being honest I've never found it to be all that enchanting or inspiring. However, it does have one of the best Theremin patches I've heard, and it's get very Theremin-like via the slides you can do on the keyboard. So, that was enough for me to keep it on deck.