Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Expectations for the next months?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• A dedicated metering app that is an AU!

Even one with just the basics: frequency analyzer, correlation, peak & RMS metering, an oscilloscope would be a treat on top. Something. Most every category in this iOS music ecosystem is full of amazing options. However, this category is crickets. This tool is needed, desperately, if we are to take these things serious and put forth an end result that is the best version it can be using only these devices. The MultiMeter in Logic...there's the basic target. And the ability to use it on multiple channels if needed in AUM, BeatMaker, and all them others. End of this rant. Ableton Live touch would be badass, too.

• I'm hoping for September & October.

• What Apples iDAM and folders open up and AR maybe bring to iOS music functionality. More mainstream plugin, AU developers jump on the mobile iOS platform.

• edited August 2017

Rain and sun.

• But i would like to see usb-c (best with thunderbolt 3) on all iOS devices.
    Logic touch would be great but won't happen.
    The smart connector indeed exist now for over a year and there isn't much for it.
    They should stop that shit and put an usb-c port on every corner of an iPad :#
    Otherwise the same procedure as every year :p

• edited August 2017

Reason Mobile by Propellerheads... The test begins this fall to beta testers... (rumors)...

• Hopefully they either fix the new iPads or recall them if it's a hardware issue.

• Yes I heard that about Propellerheads Reason stepping up to iOS fully with maybe a incarnation of the DAW they been advertising to recruiting iOS devs for a while.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Yes I heard that about Propellerheads Reason stepping up to iOS fully with maybe a incarnation of the DAW they been advertising to recruiting iOS devs for a while.

I am very much looking forward to this appearing. I would like to know more about it.

• @nrgb said:
    I'm hoping for September & October.

Exactly. Preferably without the nuclear winter.

Oh, and an Auria Pro update adding stereo to mono track process, ability to excise subgroup faders not in use from the mixer and a timeline note to label a songs verse, chorus, bridge, etc...

• I feel we'll see a flood of updated apps adding support for Files.app.
    Being able to access the apps /Documents/(ie. iTunes File Sharing Folder) from the Files.app would be super!

I also wish Roland would step up the game and give iOS SoundCanvas an update to match the desktop version when it comes to editing options and well... AUv3 support would be nice too...

• @brice said:

A dedicated metering app that is an AU!

Even one with just the basics: frequency analyzer, correlation, peak & RMS metering, an oscilloscope would be a treat on top. Something. Most every category in this iOS music ecosystem is full of amazing options. However, this category is crickets. This tool is needed, desperately, if we are to take these things serious and put forth an end result that is the best version it can be using only these devices. The MultiMeter in Logic...there's the basic target. And the ability to use it on multiple channels if needed in AUM, BeatMaker, and all them others. End of this rant. Ableton Live touch would be badass, too.

I was writing exactly the same thing on dischord wishlist yesterday. I don't understand why this important category is neglected.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Korg releases Radial and Monopoly as standalone and Gadgets.

Beatmaker 3 updates to 3.02 or perhaps 3.03?

• @Samu said:
    I feel we'll see a flood of updated apps adding support for Files.app.
    Being able to access the apps /Documents/(ie. iTunes File Sharing Folder) from the Files.app would be super!

I also wish Roland would step up the game and give iOS SoundCanvas an update to match the desktop version when it comes to editing options and well... AUv3 support would be nice too...

100% agree with the first one. That’s what I want the most for iOS 11 app updates.

The second one I would like to see it... but it’s probably never going to happen...

• edited August 2017
  • @Max23 said:

@Samu said:

I'd prefer it if the files app would show up like an USB drive (and forget about stupid iTunes)
    Connect stick to loading cable, drop files
    Boom

:D Would be way to easy :D

Yeah, or better yet, skip all cables and let the Files.app act as an SMB-Server/Client so you could easily browse the content from any desktop and manage the files.

iFiles 2 does this perfectly. When enabled it just pops up in Finder/WindowsExplorer and you can treat it as any other network attached device... (This also allows easy transfer of files between iOS devices).

iOS11 is still a few months away so anything could happen :D

• edited August 2017
  • @Max23 said:

@Cib said: Logic touch would be great but won't happen.

Logic has been selling macs for years. Why not sell iPads with it?

Who would pay 200 for an app and Logic is still far away for a touch GUI.....and as long as even Garage Band for iOS is so limited compared to the mac version it will be some time.
    Also such a complex app anyway makes maybe no sense on a small touch screen.
    DAW's like NanoStudio 2, BeatMaker 3 etc. and apps like Animoog, Borderlands, ThumbJam, Geoshred are made for iOS touch screens.
    Also there is a (semi good) Logic remote app.
    I'm also sure even Logic is a niche in the Apple world since even big updates of it are mentioned nowhere from themselfes.
    I also wanted iOS and iPads to be the ONE workhouse but that makes no sense and the more complex an app is the more i wouldn't use a touch screen for it.
    Logic at it is would be so terrible and slow to use without a trackpad (which is a great multi-touch thing too).

• edited August 2017
  • It's quite safe to assume that GarageBand will be updated when iOS11 comes.
    At WWDC'17 they already shows GarageBand with support for bigger AUv3 views.

What I'd love to see in GB is editing of controllers and automation data.
    The internal instruments support automation, including Alchemy but there is no way to edit the recorded automation data).

Apple really should supply developers with a fully standards compliant AUv3 host so they can properly test all aspects of the plug-ins they create :)

• edited August 2017

@Max23 said:
    I think garbageband on iOS is so limited to not kill the market...

Maybe. Indeed a full blown Logic with all the bells and whistles optimized for multi-touch would replace (nearly) everything else available on iOS.
    Even if some instruments and FX looks old, they are very good and of high quality or even are out of competition like the tape delay, delay designer, space designer, Alchemy 2 etc. etc.
    I just would need maybe some midi control apps and here and there a synth app anymore then.
    But why should Apple care about competition of a niche at all?
    I think porting a GUI is as hard (or even harder) as the sound engine, if even possible.
    Like i already mentioned, some Logic FX already looks like the would be ready for multi-touch!

• @Max23 said:
    I think garbageband on iOS is so limited to not kill the market...
    BTW. 10.5 and 12. something isn't a small touchscreen anymore
    Im sitting in front of a mini :D

I even find my 15" macbook screen a bit small for such apps.
    I do wish they would make 17"-21" touch screens and notebooks. :)

• I'm expecting sequencer twins. A black one and a blue one.

• @brambos said:
    I'm expecting sequencer twins. A black one and a blue one.

Lol, you gave me some brain damage with this after a couple beer.....and some stronger stuff.

• @brambos said:
    I'm expecting sequencer twins. A black one and a blue one.

Cool, what about one 'piano-rollish' with Bram-Twist(chords/strum/arpeggios etc.) for Phasemaker?

• I want a new Moog app.

• I expect (or hope) finally for Zeeon and NanoStudio 2 release or are they just ghost apps forever.