talk me out of getting Shoom

i'm pretty impressed with the preset sounds and the performance possibilities. right now i'm into this drone meets industrial idea. so: what's NOT to love in Shoom?

Comments

  • (Still love it and glad I bought it)

  • good point but i think with the y-Axis controller which needs me playing the touch screen missing Midi in is not too much of a problem (first time ever i say this!)

  • @dermichl said:
    good point but i think with the y-Axis controller which needs me playing the touch screen missing Midi in is not too much of a problem (first time ever i say this!)

    Yah, totaly. I just wish it had basic midi out though for adding accompaniment.

  • I like it, but it's crying out for some sort of recording or automation feature. Then I could jam live over the top.

  • Lol...Or do you mean talk me into getting Shoom? It is a whole lot of fun to play with, and if you are into drones and soundscapes, I would recommend it. I've enjoyed doing these huge, slow, one note at a time chord changes with it.

  • I like recording it in Blocs.

  • edited August 12

    @Cliffy said:
    Lol...Or do you mean talk me into getting Shoom? It is a whole lot of fun to play with, and if you are into drones and soundscapes, I would recommend it. I've enjoyed doing these huge, slow, one note at a time chord changes with it.

    gottcha ;)
    yeah i like this violent/sinister/dark sounds quite a lot...

  • Nazis dig Shoom!
    I kid! I kid!
    There is no way that I can talk you out of it. It IS a great little app.

  • Had it for ages. Nothing really wrong with it. I just never used it. So deleted in one of my periodic culls.

  • @AudioGus said:

    I like recording it in Blocs.

    Yeah, might get round to using it in BM3, now I'm not doing so much AUM jamming.

  • I can't, I'm a confirmed Shoom fan.

    It could use an update (features rather than bug fixes of which I can find none) but the core idea is so good it gets forgiven.

  • Oh, also, if drone meets industrial is your thing then Synthscaper must be your thing.

    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/synthscaper-soundscapes-synthesizer/id1175892734?mt=8

  • @AudioGus said:
    Oh, also, if drone meets industrial is your thing then Synthscaper must be your thing.

    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/synthscaper-soundscapes-synthesizer/id1175892734?mt=8

    Doubleplus!

    I would also add Sliver to the list of devices for that area.

  • I like Shoom a lot. Don't get it.

  • This thread inspired me to have a play with Shoom for the first time in ages. Sometimes it's fun to spice up an old favourite with a new toy. It seems my new hobby now is running Shoom through Replicant 2.

  • Someone explain why I don't use shoom more often. It's pretty damn cool.
    (Might have something to do with the small parameter knobs area)
    Can't talk you out of getting it though.

  • I made a load of presets once with Shoom, so I do love it. Worries me a tad having not seen any recent updates just in case it's been forgotten (which I am not inferring it has).

  • Oh yah, be sure to get Fruitbat's presets, so good!

Sign In or Register to comment.