Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Your musical journey - How did you arrive at making music on iOS?

2»

Comments

• edited August 2017

Nanostudio 1. I saw first time Ad on youtube - i imediately bought iPod Touch 4Gen and my iOS journey started...

• edited August 2017

My very first music making memory is fixing a large rubber band to a cupboard handle and playing along to the radio, rather convincingly to me, the bassline to I feel love.
    Messed around with tape recorders and endless loop tapes and overdubbing....then used Amiga, also learned guitar and joined a band, had a great time..
    Bought a tascam 464 for recording band demo's
    I then moved onto PC after helping a friend get his Cubase Audio setup working....he had a yamaha 4 track HD recorder.....I had a soundblaster...... :|, I was rewarded for my efforts by Steinberg who gave me a copy of cubase score 2. I used both Fruity Loops and Cubase for a very long time....as well as using hardware....I created windows programs for managing and creating BassStation and DrumStation patches...
    VST changed everything....RMiv, daOrgan,Guitar Rig..Korg Legacy collection, FM7, BassStation and V-Station....no more hardware :)
    I used the PC setup for several years paying for all upgrades (from score 2.0 through to SX3) until something changed at Steinberg (after merge with yamaha I think), they upgraded all the servers and licenses had to be re-registered...my 'Free' copy would no longer register so I stopped upgrading.....

I then entered the world of parenthood and never really made much music for a few years......decided to get back into it after seeing/reading about Amplitube and iRig....bought a second hand iPod touch 4 and an iRig...was never really happy with it....
    Discovered Garageband....still wasn't happy.....
    Bought the iPad Mini 2 to get the dual core to allow me to use AB...discovered Cubasis was on iPad....and then iMS-20 - Hmmm was this my old PC setup coming back in handy sized form? ...then Tonestack....wow
    Through many frustrations trying to get everything to work reliably I stopped trying to recreate my old setup and looked at what I needed...which is now a blend of hardware and apps....
    I am now using a Novation Circuit and Mininova, and the apps from novation and AUM,a Line6 Amplifii and Cubasis. (plus other random synths and FX apps), I went hardware for a sequencer and the synth to be protected from expiring software licenses, at least if it happens again, I'll be able to carry on making music.

My next aquisition will be an analogue mono synth...full circle back to that I feel Love bassline.....

• I have always been a musician. Producer, Performer, and everything else down the line since I was 14. My father was in a band my whole childhood. So I was all over the place.

That being said, I was using PC for music production.

My wife got an iPad and I went looked to see what was on it as far as music.

Found Audiobus and Figure with a search. The rest is history.

• I fell into iOS production after wanting a break from my live looping gig about 4-5 years ago and selling my dream home studio in the mid 00s.