YouTube ripping app

Does anyone have a recommendation for an app that can easily take sound from YouTube without a computer involved? It's sample time

«1

Comments

  • 37 Comments sorted by Date Votes
  • I've just used audioshare for this.

  • @sbcfx said:
    I've just used audioshare for this.

    I guess I didn't think of it being that simple... how do you plug YouTube into AudioShare? I'm totally blanking on this for some reason. :/

  • Vid2mp3.com on your iPad browser.

  • Vid2mp3.com on your iPad browser.

  • @ExAsperis99 said:
    Vid2mp3.com on your iPad browser.

    Awesome, I'll try that thanks!

  • And then trim as needed in AudioShare.

  • Not this again.

  • @RustiK said:
    Not this again.

    Appears so.
    Here goes again:
    B_ _ _ T _ _ _!
    That one.

  • @JeffChasteen said:

    @RustiK said:
    Not this again.

    Appears so.
    Here goes again:
    B_ _ _ T _ _ _!
    That one.

    I may be dense but what's that ?

  • That one is the app that shall remain nameless lest Apple delete it from the store.....

  • edited August 12 Vote Up0

    .

  • @BiancaNeve said:
    That one is the app that shall remain nameless lest Apple delete it from the store.....

    BT and the Internet Radio streaming thingy are great for getting random samples in on the fly. Backed up nice and safe ...

  • @DrippyFaucet said:

    @sbcfx said:
    I've just used audioshare for this.

    I guess I didn't think of it being that simple... how do you plug YouTube into AudioShare? I'm totally blanking on this for some reason. :/

    you can in fact just start recording in Audioshare, switch over to Safari and run the clip to track IF you have an iConnectAudio Interface or one with similiar routing options.
    Just class compliant isn't enough.

  • @Telefunky said:

    @DrippyFaucet said:

    @sbcfx said:
    I've just used audioshare for this.

    I guess I didn't think of it being that simple... how do you plug YouTube into AudioShare? I'm totally blanking on this for some reason. :/

    you can in fact just start recording in Audioshare, switch over to Safari and run the clip to track IF you have an iConnectAudio Interface or one with similiar routing options.
    Just class compliant isn't enough.

    I've seen people mention iConnecAudio before, do you have it, are you happy with it?

  • @zhoe said:

    @Telefunky said:

    @DrippyFaucet said:

    @sbcfx said:
    I've just used audioshare for this.

    I guess I didn't think of it being that simple... how do you plug YouTube into AudioShare? I'm totally blanking on this for some reason. :/

    you can in fact just start recording in Audioshare, switch over to Safari and run the clip to track IF you have an iConnectAudio Interface or one with similiar routing options.
    Just class compliant isn't enough.

    I've seen people mention iConnecAudio before, do you have it, are you happy with it?

    I own the I connect Audio 4+ and am happy with it although I have had the occasional problem and it isn't to me exactly plug in and play, configuring it can be a little complicated.

  • yes, but plug&play isn't a natural feature anyway of a digital mixer/router that distributes 4 physical input to 4 output channels, mixed with a dozen virtual channels on each of 2 different hosts that may run on any of 3 operating systems.
    Tbh it's amazing that it does run at all in such a reliable way, even if there's an occasional glitch (very rare, tho).

    The thing is complex and imho it's best to kick out all routing for a while and apply what you need manually - just until you got behind the operation of the scheme.
    The mixer design is somewhat confusing as the left and right part are those physical inputs/outputs which are always present, while the middle part is a sequence of optional submix tabs except the headphone mix tab.
    It's versatile, but can (easily) mislead into doubled monitor lines.
    On the other hand it's plain logic - just not pictured very well - deserves improvement.

    The analog level control with those OLED strips isn't intuitive either - but keeps costs low.
    Internal power stabilisation could be much better, it's a heater and relatively noisy, which is reflected on the mic input channels.
    I wouldn't recommend it for low level dynamic microphones, but with regular condensor types this doesn't matter.
    As this is a very affordable 4 channel interface, so I'm not too picky.
    After all you get 2 interfaces - it can serve an iPad/Mac or 2 iPads, 2 PCs etc simultanously, a feature not available anywhere else.

  • Sort of related

    Chord Detector - Guitar, Ukulele, Banjo by Martian Storm Ltd.
    https://appsto.re/gb/VAGfz.i

    Got saved from the iOS 11 cemetery today, I mention it because it can do chord detection on a YouTube video stream. Which is kind of clever.

  • Sorry I didn't realize the black apple helicopters surrounding this subject. I would delete this thread but I don't know how lol... I got it figured out thanks for the hints

  • @TheVimFuego said:

    @BiancaNeve said:
    That one is the app that shall remain nameless lest Apple delete it from the store.....

    BT and the Internet Radio streaming thingy are great for getting random samples in on the fly. Backed up nice and safe ...

    what's the internet radio streaming thingy?

  • ok, spill the beans.. what's this B .... T... malarkey?

  • @kobamoto said:

    @TheVimFuego said:

    @BiancaNeve said:
    That one is the app that shall remain nameless lest Apple delete it from the store.....

    BT and the Internet Radio streaming thingy are great for getting random samples in on the fly. Backed up nice and safe ...

    what's the internet radio streaming thingy?

    Messaged you :)

  • @TheVimFuego said:

    @kobamoto said:

    @TheVimFuego said:

    @BiancaNeve said:
    That one is the app that shall remain nameless lest Apple delete it from the store.....

    BT and the Internet Radio streaming thingy are great for getting random samples in on the fly. Backed up nice and safe ...

    what's the internet radio streaming thingy?

    Messaged you :)

    Please, can you message me about BT?

  • @ecstaticax said:

    @TheVimFuego said:

    @kobamoto said:

    @TheVimFuego said:

    @BiancaNeve said:
    That one is the app that shall remain nameless lest Apple delete it from the store.....

    BT and the Internet Radio streaming thingy are great for getting random samples in on the fly. Backed up nice and safe ...

    what's the internet radio streaming thingy?

    Messaged you :)

    Please, can you message me about BT?

    Are we talking about Beat Time!?

  • edited August 15 Vote Up0

    @AudioGus said:

    @ecstaticax said:

    @TheVimFuego said:

    @kobamoto said:

    @TheVimFuego said:

    @BiancaNeve said:
    That one is the app that shall remain nameless lest Apple delete it from the store.....

    BT and the Internet Radio streaming thingy are great for getting random samples in on the fly. Backed up nice and safe ...

    what's the internet radio streaming thingy?

    Messaged you :)

    Please, can you message me about BT?

    Are we talking about Beat Time!?

    Nope, British Telecom is where it's at. ;)

  • @JangoMango said:
    ok, spill the beans.. what's this B .... T... malarkey?

    Please also send me a PM :-))))

  • @TheVimFuego said:

    @AudioGus said:

    @ecstaticax said:

    @TheVimFuego said:

    @kobamoto said:

    @TheVimFuego said:

    @BiancaNeve said:
    That one is the app that shall remain nameless lest Apple delete it from the store.....

    BT and the Internet Radio streaming thingy are great for getting random samples in on the fly. Backed up nice and safe ...

    what's the internet radio streaming thingy?

    Messaged you :)

    Please, can you message me about BT?

    Are we talking about Beat Time!?

    Nope, British Telecom is where it's at. ;)

    To me it will always mean:

  • edited August 15 Vote Up0

    @ExAsperis99 said:
    Vid2mp3.com on your iPad browser.

    Nope. Doesn't work for me. Either times out, or says it is doing conversion, then claims it can't find download server. Tapping download just launches one of several App Store pages for unrelated rubbish.

    ...happily, I have BeatTime, he-he. ;)

  • @JeffChasteen said:

    @RustiK said:
    Not this again.

    Appears so.
    Here goes again:
    B_ _ _ T _ _ _!
    That one.

    OK, go it.

  • edited August 15 Vote Up0

    Got a much easier way... install ZJailbreak.. it's an app that emulates a real jailbreak without having to actually jailbreak... then.. install TuTuApp.. from TuTuApp install YouTube++ download what you want and straight import into BM3.. boom bosh bash ...

Sign In or Register to comment.