Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM into BM3?

I'm finally coming to terms with Beatmaker 3. (After weeks of disappointment, I'm not waking up with ideas for BM3!)
It occurs to me that it could be crucial in my workflow if I could make it work with AUM, which is the easiest source of sketching ideas for me.

I have at least a hundred pieces recorded in AUM, mostly 2 or 3 minutes of noodling. These are saved as three or four stems.

What do you think is the best way to use these within BM3? Chop into four-bar clips and use in the clip launcher? Would I put each stem on a pad in a bank?

Very open to suggestions.

Comments

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I'm finally coming to terms with Beatmaker 3. (After weeks of disappointment, I'm not waking up with ideas for BM3!)
    It occurs to me that it could be crucial in my workflow if I could make it work with AUM, which is the easiest source of sketching ideas for me.

I have at least a hundred pieces recorded in AUM, mostly 2 or 3 minutes of noodling. These are saved as three or four stems.

What do you think is the best way to use these within BM3? Chop into four-bar clips and use in the clip launcher? Would I put each stem on a pad in a bank?

just import via audioshare. paste into an audiotrack. you can chop and move stuff around in there.

• edited August 2017

@ExAsperis99 said:

I'd put them into a bank, tweak the markers and slice to pads. That way you can sync them as one long piece, arrange them independently, or even play each pad/slice in 'keys' mode.

• @MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

I'd put them into a bank, tweak the markers and slice to pads. That way you can sync them as one long piece, arrange them independently, or even play each pad/slice in 'keys' mode.

I love that idea — I'm just not entirely sure how you put them in a bank and THEN slice to pads. Not an Ableton guy, so the paradigm is a little alien to me.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

I love that idea — I'm just not entirely sure how you put them in a bank and THEN slice to pads. Not an Ableton guy, so the paradigm is a little alien to me.

Hmmm...I've had a bit too much wine to explain, but there's a really good YouTube vid showing how to do this...I'll have a look...

• @MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Hmmm...I've had a bit too much wine to explain, but there's a really good YouTube vid showing how to do this...I'll have a look...

Here you go, this was the vid that helped me with the slicing to pads stuff: