Ton: free drum machine.AB and ableton link.

edited August 10 in General Vote Up0

Ton: Drum Machine par Jérémy Pinat
https://appsto.re/fr/i0J_ib.i

«1

Comments

  • 31 Comments sorted by Date Votes
  • Cheers man

    Grabbed it and it seems like a simpler Patterning at first glance

    No sight of ads or IAPs so what's the catch?

  • Yeah, pretty much a simplified Patterning. Not bad when I want a simple kick in AUM that's not a memory hog.

  • Simple tuning which is nice AND panning.... :)

  • If it's "simpler" in interface/ability why isn't it universal?
    Not to say ANYTHING about this dev in particular or any in general, but if the interface fits and it's playable at smaller scales why just make a iPad app?

  • Nice find, thx for this

  • @audiblevideo said:
    If it's "simpler" in interface/ability why isn't it universal?
    Not to say ANYTHING about this dev in particular or any in general, but if the interface fits and it's playable at smaller scales why just make a iPad app?

    Just a guess, but the oblong aspect ratio of the iPhone screen is particularly useless for circular UI concepts.

  • @brambos said:

    @audiblevideo said:
    If it's "simpler" in interface/ability why isn't it universal?
    Not to say ANYTHING about this dev in particular or any in general, but if the interface fits and it's playable at smaller scales why just make a iPad app?

    Just a guess, but the oblong aspect ratio of the iPhone screen is particularly useless for circular UI concepts.

    LULZ

  • @brambos said:

    @audiblevideo said:
    If it's "simpler" in interface/ability why isn't it universal?
    Not to say ANYTHING about this dev in particular or any in general, but if the interface fits and it's playable at smaller scales why just make a iPad app?

    Just a guess, but the oblong aspect ratio of the iPhone screen is particularly useless for circular UI concepts.

    That makes so much sense. Apple need to make a 4:3 iPhone now.

  • @gonekrazy3000 said:

    @brambos said:

    @audiblevideo said:
    If it's "simpler" in interface/ability why isn't it universal?
    Not to say ANYTHING about this dev in particular or any in general, but if the interface fits and it's playable at smaller scales why just make a iPad app?

    Just a guess, but the oblong aspect ratio of the iPhone screen is particularly useless for circular UI concepts.

    That makes so much sense. Apple need to make a 4:3 iPhone now.

    Or a square one >:)

  • Or a round one.

  • @brambos said:

    @gonekrazy3000 said:

    @brambos said:

    @audiblevideo said:
    If it's "simpler" in interface/ability why isn't it universal?
    Not to say ANYTHING about this dev in particular or any in general, but if the interface fits and it's playable at smaller scales why just make a iPad app?

    Just a guess, but the oblong aspect ratio of the iPhone screen is particularly useless for circular UI concepts.

    That makes so much sense. Apple need to make a 4:3 iPhone now.

    Or a square one >:)

    only reason i mentioned 4:3 is so that ipad apps could be ported for magnifying lens use.
    a square phone would just add an entire new aspect ratio for devs like you to implement lol.
    but i would love to see a square or circular phone :p

  • @Cliffy said:
    Or a round one.

    iPhone 8p

    p = patterning

  • @lukesleepwalker said:

    @Cliffy said:
    Or a round one.

    iPhone 8p

    p = patterning

    I'm in.

    Going to skip this app, sucker for DMs that I am. It doesn't seem to offer anything other DMs don't. Though I really like the use of the Fn button! And cheers to the dev for releasing it for free. Mighty kind.

  • Unlike many sequencers/DMs it does include parameter locks

  • @syrupcore said:

    @lukesleepwalker said:

    @Cliffy said:
    Or a round one.

    iPhone 8p

    p = patterning

    I'm in.

    Going to skip this app, sucker for DMs that I am. It doesn't seem to offer anything other DMs don't. Though I really like the use of the Fn button! And cheers to the dev for releasing it for free. Mighty kind.

    How the hell is having parameter locks not something unique to you ? Literally no other drum machine on iOS has them.

  • Has anyone been able to save patterns,when I tap on a circle it just seems to delete the pattern ,am I doing something wrong ? Cheers guys

  • Hold down FN and then tap on a circle

    Am I missing something about how to chain patterns or is this not possible.?>

    @Gasman50 said:

    Has anyone been able to save patterns,when I tap on a circle it just seems to delete the pattern ,am I doing something wrong ? Cheers guys

  • Ah aah ! Thanks

  • @gonekrazy3000 said:
    How the hell is having parameter locks not something unique to you ? Literally no other drum machine on iOS has them.

    Huh? Patterning, DM 1, Dm2, ElasticDrums, that new 808 clone ...

  • @syrupcore said:

    @gonekrazy3000 said:
    How the hell is having parameter locks not something unique to you ? Literally no other drum machine on iOS has them.

    Huh? Patterning, DM 1, Dm2, ElasticDrums, that new 808 clone ...

    Patterning,elastic drums, Dm1,Dm2 don't do parameter locks, they have automation per step, it's similar but not exactly the same.

  • edited August 12 Vote Up0

    It is kinda cool. Take it for a spin. I like that it is so simple - put some fx on it and it sounds great. It still lacks swing and multiple outs but we can still ask for it - it worked with the seekbeats dev.

  • I don't see the magic words state saving or AU?

  • @Cliffy said:
    Or a round one.

    God. Not that hockey puck mouse again.

  • So it got updated today, and sadly it's not round anymore

  • @Cliffy said:
    Or a round one.

    Plus one for the round one. It would fit perfectly on my steering wheel and next to my plate at dinner.

  • edited September 9 Vote Up0

    @gonekrazy3000 said:

    @syrupcore said:

    @gonekrazy3000 said:
    How the hell is having parameter locks not something unique to you ? Literally no other drum machine on iOS has them.

    Huh? Patterning, DM 1, Dm2, ElasticDrums, that new 808 clone ...

    Patterning,elastic drums, Dm1,Dm2 don't do parameter locks, they have automation per step, it's similar but not exactly the same.

    They do however have the ability to load and or synthesize superior sounds

  • Shame it's not a AU works quite well and like the simplicity and operation of it.

  • Already mentioned earlier, but I think this free drum machine after its big update is pretty darn useful, and most of all fun & easy.

    :) New UI, no more circular sequencer, Ableton LINK, IAA (works without issue so far as IAA in BM3 & BM2, haven't tested others yet).

    :( No MIDI In, no sample import (a few classic x0x samples onboard), no exporting.

    B) Very easy parameter locks! Pitch, Saturation, Filter, Amp Env, Pan, Level. Global Delay & Reverb. 16 pattern slots which keep their samples, parameters, p-locks, etc. Instantly switch patterns and it stays locked to tempo.

    From the manual: "By combining parameter locks and snap mode to set tuning values, you can build melodies out of drum sounds."

    Super easy to use, lots of fun to sample p-locked loops into BM3. (This one gets a permanent spot in my "Free Sample Fodder" folder with Auxy, Figure, Skram, & Pyxis Minor.)

    http://ton.bravebolt.com/

    1.PNG 165.6K
Sign In or Register to comment.