Auria - Why are my documents and data so big?

I deleted a big song file after saving it to my iCloud and deleted all traces in projects, imports etc.
Yet my Auria Documents and Data still say they are taking up 6.3 gigabytes!
Surely this can't be the sum total of the app and fabfilters? I also have drumagog and a couple of Drumagog sample download packs, but still? 6.3 gigabytes?
Are my files not getting properly deleted?

Comments

  • I have done nothing in Auria, and did not buy any IAP.
    Size: 7,81 GB

    Yes, I downloaded anything free :-D

  • edited August 2017

    @tja said:
    I have done nothing in Auria, and did not buy any IAP.
    Size: 7,81 GB

    Yes, I downloaded anything free :-

    I guess it's just the price I gotta pay to have it all there!?
    I thought it wasn't deleting stuff fully!
    Ah well, at least I can store the songs elsewhere :D

  • Probably the Lyra instruments

  • I have it.

    Bought about $50 of iap.

    Never did more than a 3 loop jingle.

    Such a sad situation on my part.

    Just always never made sense for time restraints and learning curve.

    Same as Beatmaker3.

    I will probably never slow my creative workflow down to learn a new app when I can use the old ones like Cubasis.

  • @richardyot said:
    Probably the Lyra instruments

    Could be, along with everything else. I have a few of those Lyra packs. Not really used Lyra yet, but I guess I will at some point.
    There's a lot of depth to the whole Auria package when you get into it all.

  • @RustiK said:
    I have it.

    Bought about $50 of iap.

    Never did more than a 3 loop jingle.

    Such a sad situation on my part.

    Just always never made sense for time restraints and learning curve.

    Same as Beatmaker3.

    I will probably never slow my creative workflow down to learn a new app when I can use the old ones like Cubasis.

    I've watched videos, asked questions in here, searched stuff on Google - all in spare time when I wouldn't have been making music. Dinner times, while watching TV etc.
    It's not as scary as I first thought and VERY versatile. I'm glad I made the jump.

  • @DefRobot said:

    @RustiK said:
    I have it.

    Bought about $50 of iap.

    Never did more than a 3 loop jingle.

    Such a sad situation on my part.

    Just always never made sense for time restraints and learning curve.

    Same as Beatmaker3.

    I will probably never slow my creative workflow down to learn a new app when I can use the old ones like Cubasis.

    I've watched videos, asked questions in here, searched stuff on Google - all in spare time when I wouldn't have been making music. Dinner times, while watching TV etc.
    It's not as scary as I first thought and VERY versatile. I'm glad I made the jump.

    Do you use the internal instruments?

    What other apps do you use with it?

    What type of music?

    What other IOS DAW have you used?

    I remember in beginning the midi note selection was wierd. But, maybe it was fixed or maybe I just don't like the app! LOL

  • edited August 2017

    @RustiK

    Do you use the internal instruments? Yeah, the twin keys are great, not used Lyra yet. Drumagog does a great job.

    What other apps do you use with it? At the moment, I'm still sketching songs in Cubasis as I know it so well now. Then I'm using those sketches as guide tracks to make new ones or keep the guides if they're good enough.

    What type of music? Guitar based rock with bleeps, pads and beats.

    What other IOS DAW have you used? Cubasis, Nano and Gadget if you can count that, but I hate the UI.

    Cubasis is fantastic and sooo easy to do stuff in, but I felt like I hit a wall production wise for that final polish and gleam.

    I remember in beginning the midi note selection was wierd. But, maybe it was fixed or maybe I just don't like the app! LOL

    I'm still writing the midi parts elsewhere (mainly Cubasis) and then exporting them to Auria.

  • If its not lyra instruments and other downloads, check the inbox folder, that's where things go that you import from other apps.

  • I'm seriously considering deleting it for this reason, I have the lowest capacity iPad Pro and I'm finding using Cubasis plus all the great effects I've accumulated to be more productive.

    I can't see myself just chucking the great plugins away but when was the last time I really did anything substantial in it? Hmmm ... maybe I just have to recognise my workflow has changed and a big hitter all in one DAW just isn't my thang.

  • You must have downloaded several Lyra instruments or imported many files, as others have said. Just Auria and the plugins should only be 1-1.2 gigs or so.

  • @mrufino1 said:
    If its not lyra instruments and other downloads, check the inbox folder, that's where things go that you import from other apps.

    I (think I) have deleted all extra files, but without hooking up to a PC, which I no longer own, it's hard to fully tell.
    It's ok, I was just surprised at the total size.

  • @TheVimFuego said:
    I'm seriously considering deleting it for this reason, I have the lowest capacity iPad Pro and I'm finding using Cubasis plus all the great effects I've accumulated to be more productive.

    I can't see myself just chucking the great plugins away but when was the last time I really did anything substantial in it? Hmmm ... maybe I just have to recognise my workflow has changed and a big hitter all in one DAW just isn't my thang.

    Even so, I think finally mixing or mastering in Auria would still be worth it for you? I haven't come across any other tools that can do that final polish and monitoring to the correct levels like Auria can do.
    I used to finish stuff off in Final Touch, but it feels like a shot in the dark on there compared to Auria.

  • @RustiK said:

    @DefRobot said:

    @RustiK said:
    I have it.

    Bought about $50 of iap.

    Never did more than a 3 loop jingle.

    Such a sad situation on my part.

    Just always never made sense for time restraints and learning curve.

    Same as Beatmaker3.

    I will probably never slow my creative workflow down to learn a new app when I can use the old ones like Cubasis.

    I've watched videos, asked questions in here, searched stuff on Google - all in spare time when I wouldn't have been making music. Dinner times, while watching TV etc.
    It's not as scary as I first thought and VERY versatile. I'm glad I made the jump.

    Do you use the internal instruments?

    What other apps do you use with it?

    What type of music?

    What other IOS DAW have you used?

    I remember in beginning the midi note selection was wierd. But, maybe it was fixed or maybe I just don't like the app! LOL

    I do use the internal instruments. I bounce around between Lyra and various external libraries, such as Beathawk, iSymphonic, Thumbjam, SampleTank. Also Animoog and Model 15. I write acoustic music, classical music, weird instrumentals. All electronic, and solo guitar pieces. I use Notion to write with and import. I have not messed much with the piano roll, on the list of things to do - I tend to write everything in Notion, and export from their as midi, and import to Auria. I use midiflow on occasion. I'm not a keyboard player, so don't use external synths, just use them as sound libraries, mostly. Hope to mess around more with the Moog stuff at some point.

    The basic stuff in Auria is pretty simple. Hard stuff is figuring out all the things you can do with the insane plugins.

  • it seems a bit sloppy with it's disk estate:
    just kicked out everything (test rubbish anyway) and 679 MB remain as data in system info, overall it's 1.5 GB
    Never downloaded any instruments or other content.

  • edited August 2017

    I had this problem before with my Mail app (attempting to send large files from iCloud via Mail; deleting both apps and finding the space still claimed) and had to restore a backup or else I wouldn't have been able to reclaim the space, even with the help of file cleaning apps. Some sort of bug in the iOS file system that should be fixed with iOS 11, and I feel like it only affects some apps based on how they store files locally. After this happened, I felt trepidatious deleting sample libraries from Audioshare, but ultimately had no further issues. Backups are extremely important though on iOS.

  • I'm assuming everyone knows about, and loves, the "Clean Up Project" button on the Settings screen, right? Projects of any size can accumulate a lot of files even if tracks 'n stuff are deleted.

  • @RustiK said:

    @DefRobot said:

    @RustiK said:
    I have it.

    Bought about $50 of iap.

    Never did more than a 3 loop jingle.

    Such a sad situation on my part.

    Just always never made sense for time restraints and learning curve.

    Same as Beatmaker3.

    I will probably never slow my creative workflow down to learn a new app when I can use the old ones like Cubasis.

    I've watched videos, asked questions in here, searched stuff on Google - all in spare time when I wouldn't have been making music. Dinner times, while watching TV etc.
    It's not as scary as I first thought and VERY versatile. I'm glad I made the jump.

    Do you use the internal instruments?

    What other apps do you use with it?

    What type of music?

    What other IOS DAW have you used?

    I remember in beginning the midi note selection was wierd. But, maybe it was fixed or maybe I just don't like the app! LOL

    Auria is probably the only fully self-contained DAW on iOS, meaning you can start and finish a song using only the built-in tools and plug-ins. Of course you can do it with other DAWs and apps, by using your creativity and making compromises, but Auria was made to be a compromise-free, full package. When it includes an effective auto tune solution, this will become even more evident. If you include the Auria-exclusive plug-ins as part of the package, I can say I use Auria and only Auria in eight of ten of my songs. Of course, since Lyra can load EXS instruments, there's no reason to limit myself to the stock libraries, and I do use a lot of EXS and SFZ libraries I purchased originally to use with Logic. Will edit this post later to include some musical examples, because I'm typing from a cell phone now. Cheers!

  • @DefRobot said:

    @TheVimFuego said:
    I'm seriously considering deleting it for this reason, I have the lowest capacity iPad Pro and I'm finding using Cubasis plus all the great effects I've accumulated to be more productive.

    I can't see myself just chucking the great plugins away but when was the last time I really did anything substantial in it? Hmmm ... maybe I just have to recognise my workflow has changed and a big hitter all in one DAW just isn't my thang.

    Even so, I think finally mixing or mastering in Auria would still be worth it for you? I haven't come across any other tools that can do that final polish and monitoring to the correct levels like Auria can do.
    I used to finish stuff off in Final Touch, but it feels like a shot in the dark on there compared to Auria.

    Doubtless but this "finishing" idea is elusive for me right now. ;)

    I have probably just accumulated a load of stuff in there I don't need. I may start from a clean slate again (plus the plugins, obviously) and re-evaluate my needs.

  • @rickwaugh said:

    @RustiK said:

    @DefRobot said:

    @RustiK said:
    I have it.

    Bought about $50 of iap.

    Never did more than a 3 loop jingle.

    Such a sad situation on my part.

    Just always never made sense for time restraints and learning curve.

    Same as Beatmaker3.

    I will probably never slow my creative workflow down to learn a new app when I can use the old ones like Cubasis.

    I've watched videos, asked questions in here, searched stuff on Google - all in spare time when I wouldn't have been making music. Dinner times, while watching TV etc.
    It's not as scary as I first thought and VERY versatile. I'm glad I made the jump.

    Do you use the internal instruments?

    What other apps do you use with it?

    What type of music?

    What other IOS DAW have you used?

    I remember in beginning the midi note selection was wierd. But, maybe it was fixed or maybe I just don't like the app! LOL

    I do use the internal instruments. I bounce around between Lyra and various external libraries, such as Beathawk, iSymphonic, Thumbjam, SampleTank. Also Animoog and Model 15. I write acoustic music, classical music, weird instrumentals. All electronic, and solo guitar pieces. I use Notion to write with and import. I have not messed much with the piano roll, on the list of things to do - I tend to write everything in Notion, and export from their as midi, and import to Auria. I use midiflow on occasion. I'm not a keyboard player, so don't use external synths, just use them as sound libraries, mostly. Hope to mess around more with the Moog stuff at some point.

    The basic stuff in Auria is pretty simple. Hard stuff is figuring out all the things you can do with the insane plugins.

    Notion.

    Hmmmm........never heard of it

  • I never really make tracks in Auria but do almost all of my tracking and editing in there. For 'practical'/'functional' tasks, nothing comes close. This morning I'm editing natural Harmonic samples of one of my instruments for use in BM3!

    If I was working on the mixing and mastering stages of any of my projects then I'd definitely drop the funds on a set of Fabfilters and do it in there too.

    I didn't find Auria Pro isn't too hard to learn as 'pro level' apps go, as it has a pretty well written manual. I read through it before using it for the first time and thus far nothing has confounded me.

  • @RustiK said:

    Notion.

    Hmmmm........never heard of it

    Probably the top end standard notation app in iOS. Also a desktop version.

  • There’s a new release of Auria Pro as of yesterday. I hope the storage problems are fixed. Today the iPad storage number for AP was about 15.5Gb. I had cleaned EVERYTHING out of it, including the inbox. Nothing seemed to reduce that number. After reinstall and restoring purchases, it shows 1Gig. That sure seems like there was a storage cleanup issue.

  • @rickwaugh said:

    @RustiK said:

    Notion.

    Hmmmm........never heard of it

    Probably the top end standard notation app in iOS. Also a desktop version.

    It’s THE app I use. Finale & Sibelius for iOS.

Sign In or Register to comment.