Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DM1 export problem

edited September 2013 in General App Discussion

Hi,

I'm trying to export ACP of tracks from DM1 into Auria but get the first pattern repeating during the whole song.
I also exported each track to iTunes and opened with audioshare and the same problem.

Did anybody see this issue too?

Comments

• @synthandson thanks.

I did contact them but they didn't reply.

• This is a weird one. If you do the ACP while Auria is not loaded, the resulting ACP is correct (I pasted it into AudioShare and auditioned it there). It will subsequently paste OK into Auria. However, if Auria is loaded simultaneously with DM1, the ACP results in a pattern, repeated for the length of the song. That's if DM1 will do an ACP at all.

I've notice that now, when Auria and DM1 are co-resident, DM1 won't 'play'. It's almost as if DM1 is waiting for a MIDI 'start', even though MIDI is turned off in DM1 and all MIDI is turned off in Auria too. Remove Auria and DM1 will 'play' again.

I've not used DM1 for a while so I can't coincide it with a particular upgrade to either Auria or DM1, but I think things were OK between the two after the last DM1 update (v4.0.3).

Any ideas, Rim?

iPad3/64GB, iOS v6.1.3, Auria v1.120, DM1 v4.0.3

• Could it be a resource issue? Auria is pretty demanding on CPU. Probably on RAM too.

• @funjunkie27: I don't get the impression it's a resource issue. I've made sure everything other than Auria and DM1 has been killed and Auria reckons there's plenty of free RAM. Because this combination has worked fine in the past, I have to suspect it's something that a recent upgrade of one app, or the other, has exposed.

DM1's last update was v4.0.3, on 17JUL13. Auria has had two updates since then (v1.11 26JUL13 & v1.12 15SEP13). Auria introduced MIDI sync in v1.10 (11JUL13) - has anyone used Auria and DM1 together, successfully, since then?

• Just made a test and got to the conclusion it's nothing todo with Auria.

I killed all apps and started only DM1, I exported a complete song to ACP.
    I then started AudioShare and pasted the audio.
    I was amazed to find the same pattern all over the song.
    The crazy thing, it wasn't the first pattern of the song but the current selected one.

DM1 is useless now until a fix :(

• @Shay: Interesting. That contradicts my own recent experience. What is your setup (mine is: iPad3/64GB(9GB free), iOS v6.1.3, Auria v1.120, DM1 v4.0.3)?

• @Washboy, my setup is iPad3/16GB (less than 1gb free), iOS 6.1.3, Auria & DM1 latest versions. Not JB.

• edited September 2013

@Shay: As for your ACP issues, I've noticed that (even without Auria in the equation) DM1 will sometimes ACP incorrectly - just as you described. I've not worked out precisely what causes the issue but it has something to do with DM1 not correctly remembering its export settings.

A workaround seems to be to change every export setting, just before hitting OK (i.e. toggle to pattern and back to song, to not AudioCopy and back to AudioCopy). This is especially important if you've been working on a pattern before going to song->export.

DM1's export is obviously broken but I think the above workaround makes it useable. You could always use Audiobus to get stuff to Auria too.

Have you had problems getting DM1 to play, while Auria is loaded - or is it just me?

• edited September 2013

@Washboy: I too have this problem with Auria and DM1 play button.
    I also have ISequence HD, and when ever Auria is open, switching back to ISequence cause it to freeze.

Perhaps Auria changes some global parameters, such as buffer size or something similar which causes these apps to work incorrectly?

• Thanks for the DM1 ACP tip WashBoy!
    I get the same issue with DM1 not playing or exporting when Auria is active too.(iPad4 iOS7)

• @mmp: You're welcome! Actually, I think my tip is not quite right. It now seems to me that, if a 'pattern' was the last to be ACPd, selecting 'song' for the next ACP will merely give a song's-length of a pattern.

What seems to work reliably is to make sure that 'song' and 'audiocopy' are selected in the export dialog, tap 'GO', immediately tap 'CANCEL', then tap 'GO' again. The 2nd export will start from the first pattern and include the whole song (as intended). At least that's how it seems to be working for me. Apologies for any extra confusion caused by my earlier post.

• Thanks @Washboy. I'll try this workaround.

• Hi everyone,

I wanted to share an email I got from DM1 dev (it took some time but arrived)

Hello,

Thanks for your email and sorry for this DM1 issue.
    We arre currently working on this bug to fix it, and update with a fix will be available in october.

Best
    Aurelien

• An update coming in October!!!! Great news!!! Thanks Shay!!!

• He said October and there it is.
    I need to check it and see if I can export again and use it in my songs.