Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MV08 Drum Machine iOS │ Review and Tutorial │ TRAP Drum App - haQ attaQ 235

MV08 drum machine for iPad and iPhone by MVStudio is most definitely a TR-808 clone. The app sounds excellent and fits right into any project craving for old school TRAP drums. Sounds great right? Well, MV08 actually has a few odd issues, which Im going through in this episode. Either way, MV08 comes equipped with Inter App Audio and Audiobus support including. On top of that it also has support for sync via MIDI and Ableton Link Watch the whole video for a full on review, guide and tutorial of this TR 808 sounding drum app.

haQattaQ

Comments

• Jakob, excellent video, and I really like you putting things in practice, and I especially appreciate a video that is critical. I hate the double-tap-mute thing too. (I find it impossible to believe that I'm alone in wanting to save and rename my own pattern.)

However, regarding the section of 2:02 to 3:20. Um...we need to talk....

• edited August 2017

apps not for me but great video as allways. Your video interruption had me dying please more of him lol

• @Shazamm said:
    app sucks but great video as allways. Your video interruption had me dying please more of him lol

That's harsh :/ What's not to like about it?

I think MV08 sounds better than that new Boutique 808.

• @pink_sky said:

@Shazamm said:
    app sucks but great video as allways. Your video interruption had me dying please more of him lol

The super limitations make it a no. I need to do more with a drum machine app

• edited August 2017

@Shazamm said:

@pink_sky said:

@Shazamm said:

I hear you. It is limited, but in sometimes I prefer a more focused app. I think the intention was to recreate a hardware drum machine experience and MV08 is successful in that respect.

That being said, I've always been more of a 606/707 guy. And AU3 support would've been nice.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Jakob, excellent video, and I really like you putting things in practice, and I especially appreciate a video that is critical. I hate the double-tap-mute thing too. (I find it impossible to believe that I'm alone in wanting to save and rename my own pattern.)

However, regarding the section of 2:02 to 3:20. Um...we need to talk....

No no, I too like naming my presets. Would have been nice with a text based saving system as I tend to forget what is what with these types of systems.

But they do work better for live performances. Easy to switch patterns on the go.

• @Shazamm said:
    apps not for me but great video as allways. Your video interruption had me dying please more of him lol

Thank you! =D

• @pink_sky said:

@Shazamm said:

@pink_sky said:

@Shazamm said:

I hear you. It is limited, but in sometimes I prefer a more focused app. I think the intention was to recreate a hardware drum machine experience and MV08 is successful in that respect.

That being said, I've always been more of a 606/707 guy. And AU3 support would've been nice.

AU update would be really nice. But I could easily also see myself using this in a live settings. Make up a bunch of patterns for easy switching. Hmm..I never tested if the patterns could be switch with midi CC messages.

• @Shazamm said:

Appreciate your edit. Fair play and all....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Shazamm said:

Appreciate your edit. Fair play and all....

I tried

• In another thread the dev has stated that he will sort out the issues and add more features

It's a great app and a very good version 1

Pray to the app gods that AUV3 is forthcoming;)

• Hey @jakoB_haQ

I'm James, the dev for MV08. Nice video, thanks for taking the time to have a go with the app!

There's an update coming early next week that allows previewing the pads whilst the sequencer is running. We didn't have this originally as I guess we got so used to the sound of everything we never really had to preview the pads. You definitely aren't the only one to mention it :P

The mute functionality is being changed, as once again you are not the only one who hates it! Holding the pad and swiping up is something we considered, but we wanted it to be a quick action so you can do more performance style muting / un-muting, which wouldn't really be possible with such a slow gesture. It's coming in the next few weeks, we just need to work out the best of doing it without cluttering the UI.

AUv3 is coming too, it's just a bit trickier than I first thought so it could be 3 - 4 weeks for that.

Playing in notes was also something we considered, but we just kept it simple for a first version. This app was basically just a small project for me and a friend whist I was between jobs, so it's definitely missing a few things you'd normally expect from a more comprehensive drum machine. In all honesty playing in the notes is quite far down the list, after AUv3 and better MIDI capabilities (MIDI learn, MIDI CC, MIDI out).

Hmm..I never tested if the patterns could be switch with midi CC messages.

Not yet, but soon!

The main things we focused on were the sound quality, the step editing workflow and the stability of the whole thing. Glad you mentioned the sound!

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Jakob, excellent video, and I really like you putting things in practice, and I especially appreciate a video that is critical.

I also really appreciate the critical elements in your video! It's just good feedback as far as I'm concerned, so thanks for that.

Anyway we are working on a lot of the things people have mentioned so hopefully over the coming weeks and months we can make MV08 a more complete and usable drum machine for iOS.

Cheers,

James

• @JamesM said:
    Hey @jakoB_haQ

I'm James, the dev for MV08. Nice video, thanks for taking the time to have a go with the app!

There's an update coming early next week that allows previewing the pads whilst the sequencer is running. We didn't have this originally as I guess we got so used to the sound of everything we never really had to preview the pads. You definitely aren't the only one to mention it :P

The mute functionality is being changed, as once again you are not the only one who hates it! Holding the pad and swiping up is something we considered, but we wanted it to be a quick action so you can do more performance style muting / un-muting, which wouldn't really be possible with such a slow gesture. It's coming in the next few weeks, we just need to work out the best of doing it without cluttering the UI.

AUv3 is coming too, it's just a bit trickier than I first thought so it could be 3 - 4 weeks for that.

Playing in notes was also something we considered, but we just kept it simple for a first version. This app was basically just a small project for me and a friend whist I was between jobs, so it's definitely missing a few things you'd normally expect from a more comprehensive drum machine. In all honesty playing in the notes is quite far down the list, after AUv3 and better MIDI capabilities (MIDI learn, MIDI CC, MIDI out).

Not yet, but soon!

The main things we focused on were the sound quality, the step editing workflow and the stability of the whole thing. Glad you mentioned the sound!

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Jakob, excellent video, and I really like you putting things in practice, and I especially appreciate a video that is critical.

I also really appreciate the critical elements in your video! It's just good feedback as far as I'm concerned, so thanks for that.

Anyway we are working on a lot of the things people have mentioned so hopefully over the coming weeks and months we can make MV08 a more complete and usable drum machine for iOS.

Cheers,

James

Bravo, James. I love the app, and its idiosyncrasies have forced me to adapt, and I'm getting that I don't get in any other app. And if the price is that I can't save my presets/patterns with a name I can remember, so be it. (Although how that will work as an AU, I'm not sure....)

Anyway, love the thing. Please consider future IAPs, as I'd love the throw money toward a developer who is committed.

• @jakoB_haQ @JamesM Balanced review of a great sounding app. Glad to see the dev. give us an overview of things to come. Well done Jakob! Thx James!

• edited August 2017

@JamesM
    Hi James,
    thanks for checking in. I like the app very much and it sounds great, no.1 in my mind. It is of course very normal that apps don't appear fully formed in version 1 and creators have roadmap for further development.
    Again thanks for good app and I hope you have time for the it even though your personal situation changes :# (demands, demands)

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@JamesM said:
    Hey @jakoB_haQ

Not yet, but soon!

@ExAsperis99 said:

Cheers,

James

Bravo, James. I love the app, and its idiosyncrasies have forced me to adapt, and I'm getting that I don't get in any other app. And if the price is that I can't save my presets/patterns with a name I can remember, so be it. (Although how that will work as an AU, I'm not sure....)

Anyway, love the thing. Please consider future IAPs, as I'd love the throw money toward a developer who is committed.

Yup.

• Well, I'm sold.

• @JamesM said:
    Hey @jakoB_haQ

Not yet, but soon!

@ExAsperis99 said:

Cheers,

James

This is great news and I as @ExAsperis99 says, consider future IAP's for big updates. :wink:

Btw, the worst thing with AUv3 always Seems to be preset system. At least according a lot of developers.

• edited August 2017

Thanx @calixte ! :)

• My fave app at the moment !

• Very good review. Valuable to see a review that shows the bad as well as the good. If those aren't spoken about how would the developer know what to improve.

• @jakoB_haQ said:

@Shazamm said:

Thank you! =D

Bro i literally watched this video 4 times first three times was from iphone and ipad. I listened to it in the studio through my monitors and was like daaaamn the sounds are great. The the dev said he was making it an auv3 I was super sold lol

• edited August 2018

Hey @jakoB_haQ

@JamesM said:
    Not yet, but soon!

Sorry but I can't see anywhere that feature announced in the change logs, but has it been included by chance now ? :)