Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Favorite way to randomly trigger phrases of music

2»

Comments

• wimwim
    edited December 2021

@Poppadocrock said:

@suitcase4 said:
    Sorry it is Zoa actually - and it's one note every 16 bars. Several types of generative techniques can be applied.

Zoa is really cool. You can always use notes on a piano roll to trigger something. Like atom2 inside AUM. Then just put the notes wherever you want to trigger whatever app you’re using.

With Atom2 you don't even have to have long patterns. You can slow down pattern playback to 5% speed.

• Another good (generative) sequencer would be PolyPhase. Beware, its only IAA.

Once you get this beast under control, it can make some good ever changing patterns.
    Let it run for a while, and record the midi-notes, so you can use chunks of it.

• @suitcase4 , Seaquence is long in the tooth and not Auv3 etc but can go down to 1 BPM which along with its generally random nature can produce some very slow sequences. I also use SnakeBud a lot in these situations as a combination of Rate, Snake Pattern, Note and randomisation facilities can again produce some very slow triggers.

• As i mentioned above about PolyPhase, i tried this morning to create an evolving sequence, together with Animoog Z and Alteza, just to give you an idea what can be done.

• Nice track / demo @Identor… liked the way it evolved.

• This thread reminded me to let the Seaquence critters out for their Christmas party…

• SunVox has a healthy amount of generative/randomising functionality.

• @wim said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@suitcase4 said:
    Sorry it is Zoa actually - and it's one note every 16 bars. Several types of generative techniques can be applied.

Zoa is really cool. You can always use notes on a piano roll to trigger something. Like atom2 inside AUM. Then just put the notes wherever you want to trigger whatever app you’re using.

With Atom2 you don't even have to have long patterns. You can slow down pattern playback to 5% speed.

Very true.

• @gleandibson i noticed you mentioned in a Audiobus setup. While it is possible to set up different midi configurations in AB3, you are able to do more advanced midi connections/midi routings in AUM or Apematrix. This can help with a generative or semi-generative approach in many ways. You can route things on different channels, back through apps, into other apps, and back out again, etc… basically the connecting possibilities are endless. AB3 is awesome, don’t get me wrong, but it has a more straight forward or direct approach to midi/audio signal routing.

• edited December 2021

Atom2 (hosted in AUM) makes for an awesome 'phrase player', especially when paired with a compatible Novation Launchpad.

you can sync to the host or go freestyle, and the polyrhythmic possibilities are off the chart.

If anyone would like more help with how this setup works, just let me know.