Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• To skip a Facebook and a few clicks here's the embedded video...

• Looks pretty cool!

• hopefully the new version is more stable. It was one of the first apps I downloaded when i got my ipad at xmas, but i deleted it after a couple of months because it kept crashing randomly. (also didn't like the sequencer - and no Audiobus!) I recently purchased iMini and thought i'd re-install it again ... it doesn't crash as much as it did, but still happens more than it should.

• edited September 2013

Love the midi controller keyboard idea, hope to see something similar In cubasis or BM2 (scaleable).

It should help the processor too as it doesn't build the UI of the app until you switch to it.

• Whoa... That's crazy. Am I seeing things or is that mastermind midi controller device automapping the parameters of IAA enabled devices and automating them?

• Was never a fan of TT but looks like the new dev they advertised for recently knows what he's doing.

Also....midi in ios looks fixed??

• I've never liked Tabletop either mainly because very few apps were compatible but these are exciting times and Tabletop seem to be embracing IAA and other third party apps,so if they can
    Do all this imagine what could be possible with an IAA enabled version of Audiobus.You could route audio and midi all over the place I can just see it now swinging cables that get plugged in and out of apps,audio and midi then in another tab preset libraries for all your synths
    And then another tab for complete session recalls. Maybe now is a good time to make a wish list for our new IAA enabled Audiobus.

• No wish list needed.

• Tease..

Submitted yet?

• Sounds good.

• Has anyone seen an eta for this ?

• @Sebastian, love it. lol. At first I was annoyed a little by all the secrecy, honestly, but it's grown on me. It's sort of like what my parents used to do to me leading up to Christmas.

• Only without the knitting needles...

• Looking at the video again, it appears that there's no indication of automapping as the parameter labels beneath the knobs don't change when he loads Magellan. I guess he just didn't mention that the device was midi mapped before shooting the video.

• A lot of the IAA synths now on the market don't seem to want to load within Mastermind about a third listed for me. IAA still seems unstable. Anyone else having problems ?

• Yeah the IAA in tabletop is sloppy at best for me and well due an update/fix.

The worst thing is also when reloading projects none or most of the IAA synths fail to load and I have no way of knowing which were in which Mastermind without memorising which is a pain in the ass.

I quite liked it until discovering these flaws....unless anyone has a workaround ?

• I've emailed Retroyms about the problem see what they will say.

• Tabletop was korg gadget killer way before gadget was even released. Pity they (retrodudes) totally did nothing to fix the bugs that somehow grew bigger and bigger. I wrote some sweet tunes on tt running couple of iminis (unfortunately in mono) and impc and quite a bit of stutter effect and vocals. The problem is that half of the projects wouldn't play when reloaded and the whole thing would just crash. It will take much more than this video for me to regain any trust in this product, sorry. Still curious though, obviously :) (low expectations though).

• Yeah no word on the fx device either...

• They haven't fixed the stuck note issue in imini either. There was a glimmer of hope as they appeared in a few forums to address customer concerns, but no action since that a few months ago. It's a shame, imini sounds awesome when it plays correctly and tabletop was a good idea, even if not my particular workflow.

• @mrufino1 - agreed - I did email Arturia support about it again recently. Haven't heard back on it yet though. :-/

• Even with all the bugs Tabletop remains my favourite app. There are workarounds for some of the bugs like sampling a sequence from Mastermind into iMPC or Gridlock rather than expecting it to load exactly the same next time you open the session. I'm sure it will get better with time but maybe we need two more iPad generations for it to be perfect. Until then the limitation it has may serve as triggers for my creativity.

• Yes agreed you can re sample as shown in their latest UT, which will cut down on CPU usage one would think. Strange why some apps work better under IAA than others. Sector,Nave, etc work great.

• The few times I used tabletop it crashed and lost everything I did. While the world did not miss anything because my tabletop music disappeared, if I was relying on gig for any serious work, then losing everything constantly wouldn't exactly be a limitation! Likewise with imini. Sounds AWESOME through a PA, but not when Eb is sticking during a song in E and you're playing in the bass octaves....iSEM, still arturia but implemented for ios by a different company, also sounds awesome and midi is implemented really well, but still, for synth bass anything minimoog still is the sound I want. I suppose I should start saving for that subphatty...
    I hope at some point imini gets fixed, only because it's a great tool for live use for me. It did work fine for a period of time, so I'm not sure why it suddenly started acting up.

• @firejan82 said:

Even with all the bugs Tabletop remains my favourite app. There are workarounds for some of the bugs like sampling a sequence from Mastermind into iMPC or Gridlock rather than expecting it to load exactly the same next time you open the session. I'm sure it will get better with time but maybe we need two more iPad generations for it to be perfect. Until then the limitation it has may serve as triggers for my creativity.

Some fair points there....Tabletop reminds me of cars I have bought in the past for too much money.....and once I start to drive them the problems start to show up such as the squeaky window wipers and the leaky sunroof and then the tyre that keeps going down......I hope they fix it....until then it stays in the garage and I will use Gadget. :)

• edited February 2014

The tabble top is trying so hard to not be known for playing with itself still!

• It is not known for that!!!
    It's known for letting you sequence and automate multiple of your IAA synths and audiocopy the sequence. FOR FREE!!!
    And some other cool stuff like the glitchboard for example.

• I still find it baffling that Retronyms still refuses to add Audiobus despite it being the overwhelming number one request for nearly a year while Korg added it to its brilliant product Gadget within a month. Oh well, their loss (literally:)

• Had this reply back from Retronyms. Not very helpful!

Thank you for reporting this. Unfortunately not all of the Inter Audio Apps are currently working with Tabletop. We are looking into this.
    Some of the apps do work but you have to try to connect to them multiple times through Mastermind or Zignal.

If you have any questions or concerns please contact us again,
    Eric