Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

UPDATED: "Secret Krush" APP: STEREOSUN

2»

Comments

• @smukdp said:
    Glad to hear you are following it. I've added some new loops (should have added this a long time ago), so there is more to play with. There were also some issues with loops not being played at proper msecs so hopefully this is better now. I hope I will have time to update it in the future.

Currently we are considering some of the options below (and slowly developing one of them):

• Stereosun as a AUv3 Host
    • Extended library with more loop packages to download
    • maybe an integrated sequencer/sampler

What do you think would bring the most benefit? (it does not have to be on this list)

Cheers

Although, I can imagine StereoSun being very interesting as an AUv3, I'm thinking I'd put the integrated sequencer/sampler at the top of this list.

• edited November 2017

@skiphunt said:

@smukdp said:
    Glad to hear you are following it. I've added some new loops (should have added this a long time ago), so there is more to play with. There were also some issues with loops not being played at proper msecs so hopefully this is better now. I hope I will have time to update it in the future.

Currently we are considering some of the options below (and slowly developing one of them):

What do you think would bring the most benefit? (it does not have to be on this list)

Cheers

Although, I can imagine StereoSun being very interesting as an AUv3, I'm thinking I'd put the integrated sequencer/sampler at the top of this list.

plus 1

• @skiphunt said:

@smukdp said:

Cheers

+100000000000000000

• That's great feedback, thanks! For now, we have implemented AUv3 input, dragging of instruments around the board. I will probably try to finish this to the point where you will be able to record loops from external AUv3 instruments (audio in).

After that there is an idea that the sequencer would come on top of this and a sampler/synth as one of the instruments (but not necessarily external).

So yea, this is kind of reverse but I am too far in this AUv3 thing to go back now, hope it works out well with all these different apps, it will need to be tested a lot.

• @smukdp said:
    That's great feedback, thanks! For now, we have implemented AUv3 input, dragging of instruments around the board. I will probably try to finish this to the point where you will be able to record loops from external AUv3 instruments (audio in).

After that there is an idea that the sequencer would come on top of this and a sampler/synth as one of the instruments (but not necessarily external).

So yea, this is kind of reverse but I am too far in this AUv3 thing to go back now, hope it works out well with all these different apps, it will need to be tested a lot.

Looking forward!

• @skiphunt said:

@smukdp said:

Cheers

Agree but all sounds good to me.

• @skiphunt said:
    I've been really having fun with the SeekBeats dude's excellent DJDJ Mixing App by Rodrigo Yanez https://appsto.re/us/aGilbb.i

Can get 4 loops going at once, mix between them, add fx, etc. How does Stereosun compare?

Just had a play with the free version. Like it. Only has iTunes file sharing but the "pro" paid version supports Dropbox & AudioShare, as well as Audiobus. No mention of IAA though. Does the paid version show up in AUM?

Edit: never mind. Just bought it. Looks like they've dropped the price in the past for just 24hrs and it was dropped 20hrs ago. From the free version alone, looks to be easily $5 worth of fun. Thx for the tip :)

FYI: to answer my own question in case anyone else is curious, yes... it does show up in AUM. :) Had a very quick play. Diggin' it

How do you get DJDJ to loop tracks? I've tried loading in a track, but it stops @ the end... can't find any kind of loop setting (other than the loop/slip looper if that's what you're talking about).

• @Drümünkey said:

@skiphunt said:
    I've been really having fun with the SeekBeats dude's excellent DJDJ Mixing App by Rodrigo Yanez https://appsto.re/us/aGilbb.i

Can get 4 loops going at once, mix between them, add fx, etc. How does Stereosun compare?

Just had a play with the free version. Like it. Only has iTunes file sharing but the "pro" paid version supports Dropbox & AudioShare, as well as Audiobus. No mention of IAA though. Does the paid version show up in AUM?

Edit: never mind. Just bought it. Looks like they've dropped the price in the past for just 24hrs and it was dropped 20hrs ago. From the free version alone, looks to be easily $5 worth of fun. Thx for the tip :)

FYI: to answer my own question in case anyone else is curious, yes... it does show up in AUM. :) Had a very quick play. Diggin' it

How do you get DJDJ to loop tracks? I've tried loading in a track, but it stops @ the end... can't find any kind of loop setting (other than the loop/slip looper if that's what you're talking about).

Load Sample.

Press # (SIZE YOU WANT TO LOOP) FORWARD, THEN THAT EXACT NUMBER BACK

AT THAT CUE POINT OF ORIGIN IT WILL LOOP

• @Drümünkey said:

@skiphunt said:

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Drümünkey said:

@skiphunt said:

DO THE UP # AND BACK # AND HIT LOOP

• @RUST( i )K said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Drümünkey said:

@skiphunt said:

What he said :)

• I'm a spaz apparently... It's not working how I'd expect.

Am i supposed to do this while the file is playing, or should I be able to do this with track/file stopped?

• I know, i stand completely alone with the expectation to get a link from anybody who posts something about an App from the App Store :# >:)

Realy, i have no understanding for not posting one :D B) o:)

Anyway, here it is:

Stereosun Pro by Stereosun
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stereosun-pro/id989174876?l=en&mt=8

Stereosun Lite by Stereosun
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stereosun-lite/id1147727363?l=en&mt=8

• @tja said:

So you are saying you don't want it posted.......right?

;)

• @skiphunt said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Drümünkey said:

@skiphunt said:

What he said :)

At least you said he..... :#

• @RUST( i )K said:

@tja said:

;)

Not realy ;)

• @tja said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@tja said:

;)

Not realy ;)

Realy?