Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Group the loop or looperverse

Hi all!
I find the two apps group the loop and looperverse similar. I want to buy a looper app and don't know which of the two I would choose. What are the differences between them? Anyone have experiences with these apps? Audiobus support is a must. Thanks.

Comments

• Love Group the Loop. Master loop, time stretch, Link, effects insert, labeling. Checks all the boxes. My understanding is there is an update coming for more in depth on board effects.
    Or, wait for Loopy Pro.

• @Ben said:
    Love Group the Loop. Master loop, time stretch, Link, effects insert, labeling. Checks all the boxes. My understanding is there is an update coming for more in depth on board effects.
    Or, wait for Loopy Pro.

Ok thanks

• Both for different reasons.

I use Group the Loop for Lyric based compositions.

I use Looperverse as a quick sketch for putting diff sounds together in a hurry.

I use Loopy everyday as well.

I rather have and not need an app then not have need an app like these.

If you ahve many Audiocopy iap then L Verse is a valueable app as well.

If you want a cool interface and a more song loop foundation and GUI then Group the Loop.

• @RustiK said:
    Both for different reasons.

I use Group the Loop for Lyric based compositions.

I use Looperverse as a quick sketch for putting diff sounds together in a hurry.

I use Loopy everyday as well.

I rather have and not need an app then not have need an app like these.

If you ahve many Audiocopy iap then L Verse is a valueable app as well.

If you want a cool interface and a more song loop foundation and GUI then Group the Loop.

After your comment I guess I need them all :joy:
    Thanks

• Loopy is the IOS classic app...bug free... works with everything flawlessly....

I have the Loopverse too.. which is a nice app..with a few added features... when it comes to ease of use Loopy is unbeatable

• @hisdudeness said:
    Loopy is the IOS classic app...bug free... works with everything flawlessly....

I have the Loopverse too.. which is a nice app..with a few added features... when it comes to ease of use Loopy is unbeatable

Thanks, Loopy is not expensive so I'll just by all three apps. I've just spent hours after hours comparing different loopers when I should just have bought them. Time is worth more than money.

• edited August 2017

In some moment (I hope over this year) GTL will be updated with some interesting features like advanced midi binding includding "next/previous song" which will make it perfect for backing tracks in live. Maybe isn't the best looper for fast composition but it's the best part of Ableton live (quantized-clip-launching-like) wihout all the other hassle

http://forum.grouptheloop.com/index.php?p=/discussion/116/finally-some-new-features-of-gtl-snapshots#latest

• @fattigman said:

@hisdudeness said:

Thanks, Loopy is not expensive so I'll just by all three apps. I've just spent hours after hours comparing different loopers when I should just have bought them. Time is worth more than money.

Also .. if you wish to record other apps.. Loopy is the best and "Glitch" free. I did not enjoy the editing features on Looperverse too much.. garageband is much better in that regard

• @hisdudeness said:

@fattigman said:

@hisdudeness said:

Also .. if you wish to record other apps.. Loopy is the best and "Glitch" free. I did not enjoy the editing features on Looperverse too much.. garageband is much better in that regard

Yeah I always forget about Garageband, it's a great app

• is group the loop still being developed?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @d4d0ug said:

@kobamoto said:
    is group the loop still being developed?

Yup, according to the forum there are planned updates.. http://forum.grouptheloop.com/index.php?p=/discussions

Also betatesting new features and fast bug fixing :wink:

• edited August 2018

So many loopers, not counting clip launchers.

poolp (not in store)
    looperverse
    group the loop
    ★ looptree
    everest
    ★ loopy
    ★ looper sonic
    quantiloop

And in other more general purpose apps
    ★ AUM
    ★ garageband
    ★ infinite looper (MIDI looper)
    Beatmaker (I think)
    ★ Thumbjam

★ = ones I own

• @Dubbylabby > @Dubbylabby said:

@d4d0ug said:

@kobamoto said:

Yup, according to the forum there are planned updates.. http://forum.grouptheloop.com/index.php?p=/discussions

Some pretty excellent new features, I might add...

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    @Dubbylabby > @Dubbylabby said:

@d4d0ug said:

@kobamoto said:

Agreed.

• edited August 2018

@audiblevideo said:

poolp (not in store)
    looperverse
    group the loop
    ★ looptree
    everest
    ★ loopy
    ★ looper sonic
    quantiloop

★ AUM
    ★ garageband
    Beatmaker (I think)
    ★ Thumbjam

★ = ones I own

For me GTL is something in between a clip launcher and looper since it has implemented in a very clever way the Ableton playlist workflow alongside realtime on the fly loop recorder.
    You can assign (with Files integration) loops to each song part and launch them with quantization like live... plus master group. Total of 4 Master loops plus 4 loops by each somg part. All with midi and live input not like cof cof launchpad app...

• Forgot to add...
    With the new feature “load next/previous song from midi command” you have an infinite playlist ala Ableton... just saying...

• @Dubbylabby said:
    Forgot to add...
    With the new feature “load next/previous song from midi command” you have an infinite playlist ala Ableton... just saying...

how does it currently compare to looperverse in your opinion, was just looking at looperverse videos today and that one looks like an underrated app for sure?

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    @Dubbylabby > @Dubbylabby said:

@d4d0ug said:

@kobamoto said:

• @Dubbylabby said:
    Forgot to add...

Will that update be free, meaning "shall I buy now, or better wait"?

• @audiblevideo said:

poolp (not in store)
    looperverse
    group the loop
    ★ looptree
    everest
    ★ loopy
    ★ looper sonic
    quantiloop

★ AUM
    ★ garageband
    Beatmaker (I think)
    ★ Thumbjam

★ = ones I own

Dang, that's quite the list. One nice feature of the Thumbjam looper: you can save the incoming MIDI (if present) as well as the audio for each loop layer.

• @kobamoto said:

@Dubbylabby said:
    Forgot to add...

how does it currently compare to looperverse in your opinion, was just looking at looperverse videos today and that one looks like an underrated app for sure?

I don’t have loopverse so my opinion could be take so deep... but different beast for sure. Loopverse seems more a multitracker looper with advanced edition tools (also promised for GTL someday) so I will say “workflow matters”. GTL is the nearest Ableton in iOS as backing track on the fly songs (or preproduced) due the playlist approach I mentioned before. Quantization and so is amazing. The new version can load IAA/AUv3 fx on the input channel and for each loopclip (inspirated by quantiloop I suspect). Bizarre possibilities...

@tja said:

@Dubbylabby said:
    Forgot to add...

Will that update be free, meaning "shall I buy now, or better wait"?

AFAIK all updates were free and there aren’t iAPs neither (atm).

• The developer is keeping the grouptheloop.com forum alive and still responding, and most recent note was in July 2018 with some ideas of what he's working on for new features. I still like the concept of his app, and was an early adopter, but really Loopy HD somehow has just stuck with me for all this time! (and Quantiloop also)

• edited August 2018

Has to be said (again) that Jack's demo is bloody brilliant. So simple, so clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=G4OMTKwQp98

• @Dubbylabby Damn. Now I’m thinking about getting group the loop.

• edited August 2018

@audiblevideo said:
    @Dubbylabby Damn. Now I’m thinking about getting group the loop.

Feel free to ask any question and I will try to answer them. If you check the GTL forum you will find some interesting topics about features. It’s quiet due users aren’t too much active and development maybe is taking so long (meanwhile Apple wrecks each iOS version a bit more making people like me ditching the platform for live gigs purpose) but it’s amazing app that worth every penny if you are into serious looping and backing tracks. The same could be said over Quantiloop pro and probably Loopverse. Different approach could be the help in decision making.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Has to be said (again) that Jack's demo is bloody brilliant. So simple, so clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=G4OMTKwQp98

Yep. That video pretty sums up the basic workflow. Now add IAA/AUv3 to Audio inputs, AUv3 on clip slots and advanced midi bindings (includding bluetooth) to imagine where is going at next update. Few snapshots.

Remember to click > to see the three pics.

• I don't use loopers live anymore as I've grown sick of being on the grid, but between Loopy, quantiloop, and GTL, I'd have trouble choosing these days. Loopy is still my favorite UI but the other two offer a lot of cool features and MIDI bindings for days. The next release of GTL takes things even further with the features @Dubbylabby describes above. Impressive.

Speaking of impressive: the upcoming Camelot app will be a game changer for live players. More of a Mainstage feel than a looper, but it offers easy flow between scenes and songs in a setlist, custom MIDI configs for the same, hardware controls, backing tracks, and AU plugins. Things are coming along for live players!

• Depends on what your music type and style of production

I have both.

Looperverse is more iPhone for me

GTL is working on some exciting beta things...........

So personal preference.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    I don't use loopers live anymore as I've grown sick of being on the grid, but between Loopy, quantiloop, and GTL, I'd have trouble choosing these days. Loopy is still my favorite UI but the other two offer a lot of cool features and MIDI bindings for days. The next release of GTL takes things even further with the features @Dubbylabby describes above. Impressive.

Speaking of impressive: the upcoming Camelot app will be a game changer for live players. More of a Mainstage feel than a looper, but it offers easy flow between scenes and songs in a setlist, custom MIDI configs for the same, hardware controls, backing tracks, and AU plugins. Things are coming along for live players!

Yes, Maistage-like apps are needed but to me there is a huge difference between these two topics: target user.

I can experiment with loopers since these born like experimental tools but I can trust in Apple as professional tool and arrangers target users need/want rock solid tools. So as user of both I bought a korg microarranger to avoid all the iOS mesh and probably I will buy somekind of hardware looper in the future (rc505 or Pioneer Djs1000 which has live sampling instant loop replay). Even using iDevices as loopers I gone just using a mobmplat patch to make it standalone.

Personal opinion based on personal experience of course..