Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Why Is Modern Pop Music So Terrible? (Video by Thoughty2)

15678911»

Comments

• @u0421793 said:
    Similarly to the aforementioned lynyrd situation… apparently, a lot of those americans think that loose windscreen's "born in the USA" is a happy celebratory song, and not the caustic angry protest song that it is.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Born_in_the_U.S.A._(song)

Very true.
    The 1984 Reagan reelection campaign tried to get permission to use the song because a cursory listening led the campaign to think that the song reflected the jingoistic sentiments of that destructive and doddering old fool.
    Of course, Springsteen refused.

• @u0421793 said:
    Similarly to the aforementioned lynyrd situation… apparently, a lot of those americans think that loose windscreen's "born in the USA" is a happy celebratory song, and not the caustic angry protest song that it is.

A lot of Americans still think it's the land of the free, despite Patriot Acts 1 and 2, and No Such Agency recording everything everyone does 24/7. So misunderstanding Broooooce, is par for the course. At least they have the right to bear arms, and would beat their own military in anything less than all out assault with the kind of firepower reserved for Johnny Foreigner. And if that happened, it'd be Civil War 2.

Not that we're any better off in the UK, since the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act, and more recent snooper's charter legislation. In fact, the UK is the most surveilled society on Earth. It's all legal, and we don't even have the right - in law - to freedom of speech. That is governed by crown prerogative, which means HM Gov ultimately decides what can be said and by whom.

• @Zen210507 said:

@u0421793 said:

A lot of Americans still think it's the land of the free, despite Patriot Acts 1 and 2, and No Such Agency recording everything everyone does 24/7. So misunderstanding Broooooce, is par for the course. At least they have the right to bear arms, and would beat their own military in anything less than all out assault with the kind of firepower reserved for Johnny Foreigner. And if that happened, it'd be Civil War 2.

Not that we're any better off in the UK, since the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act, and more recent snooper's charter legislation. In fact, the UK is the most surveilled society on Earth. It's all legal, and we don't even have the right - in law - to freedom of speech. That is governed by crown prerogative, which means HM Gov ultimately decides what can be said and by whom.

Yup, this whole human thing is pretty sketchy. I don't plan on sticking around too long.

• @Zen210507 said:

@u0421793 said:

How do you guys manage without having a second amendment /as many freedoms as us to not have as many shooting deaths, have less people imprisoned, and have better healthcare/ and education?

• edited August 2017

@kobamoto said:
    How do you guys manage without having a second amendment /as many freedoms as us to not have as many shooting deaths, have less people imprisoned, and have better healthcare/ and education?

No gun ever killed anyone on its own. Allowing the mentally disturbed/ immature access to weapons is clearly why so many get misused in the US. On the plus side, your government cannot impose its will on communities by force of arms. The locals are better armed and mostly better shots.

The US has certain fundamental freedoms enshrined in law. That strikes me as being better for Democracy than crown prerogative, applied at the whim of any government and withdraw as and when they choose.

The UK has far less people imprisoned than the US because of two factors. 1) We have a much smaller population. 2) The US three strikes rule.

We do have better general health care, thanks to the NHS. A model that Americans have not been keen to adopt. Obamacare was not the same.

As for education, everyone in the UK can get a decent basic education. Further education has been largely privatised, to its detriment.

I believe that, as a whole, UK citizens are a little more worldly wise and less inclined to respect institutions that have repeatedly failed us. Whereas, the American mindset, more progressive and open in many ways than us Brits, is sometimes caught up with 'my country, right or wrong.' This allows things like No Such Agency to act illegally gathering data on all Americans....and get away with it, and Obama to decry GITMO, then fail to close it down.

• regarding the imprisoned numbers I was speaking of ratio, and the discrepancy is insane, anyways mostly very well said. The best way to describe Obama care imo is to call it the 'what the right would allow us to have plan'. It never really had a chance to start on a proper playing field as from before day one the republicans tried to dismantle it if not from the front then from behind, if not from the top, then from it's underbelly never mind that it was a republican plan originally.... they let the insurance companies know without a doubt that they should have no confidence in it and get out with great haste as they (the right) would be not supporting in in any fashion, and then after all of that they now claim that it's collapsing under it's own weight, it's not it's own weight if an elephant has been sitting on it's neck from the get go.

anyways I got the digression out of my system now, back on topic

• There's always > @Zen210507 said:

@kobamoto said:

No gun ever killed anyone on its own. Allowing the mentally disturbed/ immature access to weapons is clearly why so many get misused in the US. On the plus side, your government cannot impose its will on communities by force of arms. The locals are better armed and mostly better shots.

The US has certain fundamental freedoms enshrined in law. That strikes me as being better for Democracy than crown prerogative, applied at the whim of any government and withdraw as and when they choose.

The UK has far less people imprisoned than the US because of two factors. 1) We have a much smaller population. 2) The US three strikes rule.

We do have better general health care, thanks to the NHS. A model that Americans have not been keen to adopt. Obamacare was not the same.

As for education, everyone in the UK can get a decent basic education.

Basic, but the quality of the healthcare and education provision varies greatly from county to county. Generally the wealthier the area, the better level of service.

• @richardyot said:
    Snub TV. That was a great program.

Yep. With Def II.

• @kobamoto said:

>

Ah yes, Bob Marley made excellent use of politics in music. At one point, ISTR, helping to fend off a possible civil war by having the opposing electoral candidates join hands above his head on stage.

I was also reminded of the Springsteen version of 'War' where he used his power responsibly, via the introduction speech he gives, trying to get people to think.

https://youtu.be/mn91L9goKfQ

• @Zen210507 said:

@kobamoto said:

>

Ah yes, Bob Marley made excellent use of politics in music. At one point, ISTR, helping to fend off a possible civil war by having the opposing electoral candidates join hands above his head on stage.

I was also reminded of the Springsteen version of 'War' where he used his power responsibly, via the introduction speech he gives, trying to get people to think.

https://youtu.be/mn91L9goKfQ

Good call.
    I just saw Wayne Kramer of THE original political rock band MC5 play, and his work is still very engaged. Like the examples above, he also approaches his work in a very real world humanized way, rather than just trafficking in abstractions and sloganeering.