Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MIDI footcontroller advice.

Hi,
I have been a longtime hardware-based looper, but I would now like to try using my apps in a live guitarplaying environment. I am running Quantiloop on my IPad 2 (yes, an ancient one!) and LooperSonic and Loopr on my iPhone 6s+. Of course, I now need a footcontrol switch device. I have narrowed it down to iKmultimedia's blueboard or a Positive Grid 2 or 4 switch device. I have some iKmultimedia hardware, and am very pleased with the performance. However, although I am rather light-footed, I am still uncomfortable with the idea of stepping on plastic. In contrast, the Positive Grid devices are metal. Decisions...decisions...
Any experienced feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Comments

• I found a Line 6 FBV shortboard mkII, used from guitar center. That thing is beautiful. It is designed for their line 6 amps but works great as a class-compliant USB midi controller. All metal, clicky solid buttons. And comes with expression pedal.

http://line6.com/foot-controllers/fbv-shortboard-mkii/

They go for $100- 120 used so it's about the same as your options, and you get way more features.

• @JeffChasteen are you open to USB connected footboards or did you want to go Bluetooth?

• edited August 2017

Good question!

and a related question: anyone out there using a Bluetooth pedal who is really happy using it live looping? I had used a few home-made BT hacks that never quite worked right with the timing for live looping.

For me, the wired USB pedal solved it all. My iOS setup now feels like a hardware looper, but better ;)

• @Hmtx said:
    I found a Line 6 FBV shortboard mkII, used from guitar center. That thing is beautiful. It is designed for their line 6 amps but works great as a class-compliant USB midi controller. All metal, clicky solid buttons. And comes with expression pedal.

http://line6.com/foot-controllers/fbv-shortboard-mkii/

They go for $100- 120 used so it's about the same as your options, and you get way more features.

Thanks for the info.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    @JeffChasteen are you open to USB connected footboards or did you want to go Bluetooth?

I'm not married to Bluetooth.

• I've just got a four button USB foot switch pedal from Actition (made in Hungary). Works really well with a Yamaha UD-bt01 Bluetooth adapter (and a USB battery). Actition make a range of foot switch products, cheaper plastic or metal with various numbers of buttons and an expression pedal input and all reasonably priced.

Well worth checking out:

https://www.actition.co.uk/

I'm not linked in anyway, just sharing my positive experience. I already use a Line 6 FBV mkII which I find great for controlling IOS Apps (going deep with Quantiloop at the moment), but I wanted a smaller, lighter alternative and really happy with this so far.

• I'm using a used behringer fcb 1010 with the Yamaha Bluetooth midi cable and it's a great combination and very cheap. Having the iOS editor makes custom setup quick and easy to put together.

I have only been using the foot controller for a few days and have it setup for control of Animoog, Turnado and Effectrix

I'm looking forward to setting it up with loopy soon and quantiloop looks well worth trying out.

My setup needs a power supply and is not very portable but I am very happy with the extra possibilities and the latency is surprisingly low!

• The blueboard wont work with your Ipad 2, it only works with the Ipad 3 and newer, your Iphone 6 will be fine. My Blueboard is holding up fine, but I dont use it all the time, mainly when Im using guitars sims like Amplitube Positive Grid apps, or if I want to use my expression pedal with keyboard and synth apps sometimes. The Blueboard app is pretty cool, 128 banks to save custom setups.

• edited January 2018

I use Blueboard in midi over Bluetooth mode with midi notes. If you use Loopy, this allow to 8 actions, two per buttons, with note on and note hold. You can even use note off to trigger two on/off actions with a short tap, so so can have three actions per pad. Bluetooth is hyper stable, never had any issues, and you can plug two expression pedals. I use a M-Audio to trigger delay and other things in AUM, but you can use it for looper tempo or anything else.

I’ve used Blueboard for this track:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/450836#Comment_450836