Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Vatanator AU is out as IAP

2»

Comments

• Update is live! No volume issue for me in Cubasis, AUM, or AB3.

• Much better, but still occasionally starts distorting audio after reloading a track in GB

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Actually I'm quite ok with the idea of paying extra to get AU as an extra feature on old apps where extra work has had to be done.

Wouldn't like to see it as an iap in new apps though.

Same. For both points.

• I am still not getting any audio when using it as Audio Unit in AUM, AB3, Cubasis, BM3 or any other AUv3 compatible host or DAW. If i am reading the app update history and the posts in this thread this bug was supposed to be fixed, but it is still alive and well for me in iOS 10.3.3 on an iPad Pro 9.7. Deleted and reinstalled the app to no avail. I only get sound when using it as a stand-alone or as IAA instrument but no sound whatsoever when using it as an AU instrument. Am i the only one with this issue, or are there more users still out there with the same problems?

• @Dutchee said:
    I am still not getting any audio when using it as Audio Unit in AUM, AB3, Cubasis, BM3 or any other AUv3 compatible host or DAW. If i am reading the app update history and the posts in this thread this bug was supposed to be fixed, but it is still alive and well for me in iOS 10.3.3 on an iPad Pro 9.7. Deleted and reinstalled the app to no avail. I only get sound when using it as a stand-alone or as IAA instrument but no sound whatsoever when using it as an AU instrument. Am i the only one with this issue, or are there more users still out there with the same problems?

Works fine for me in AUM. iOS 11.2.1

• @anickt said:

Thanx. Probably an iOS10 issue then i'm afraid.

• @Dutchee said:

@anickt said:

Thanx. Probably an iOS10 issue then i'm afraid.

Are you totally sure you’re sending the right midi notes to it? Have you tried running your finger up and down multiple octaves of the keyboard? The notes start at midi note 60 and go up chromatically from there.

I would have expected reports of this before now if it was an iOS 10 issue. But ... stranger things have happened I guess.

• Anyone still using this or is it still buggy?

• _ki_ki
    edited November 2018

I sometimes use Vatanator AU in AUM and did‘t encounter any problems with the current version on iPad Pro 10.5/IOS 12.

To get a more solid answer, I just tested freezing under Cubasis and Auria Pro which worked out fine. There was a problem doing so in earlier versions and this seems to be fixed by now.

• edited November 2018

@backpullver has a new effect AUv3 coming soon.

• That looks yummy!

• @brambos said:
    That looks yummy!

Yes, I need this!

• From https://www.vatanator.com/electrogene-preview/

Electrogene – Bitcrusher app with a twist

Electrogene is a low fidelity audio effect which combines bit-crusher, modulation, saturation and filter with scope > visualizer. Refined algorithms can produce warm or harsh sound reminding of retro digital or analog audio > systems

Key Features:

Modify sample rate and bit resolution
    Apply drift variance to the bit-crusher sample rate value
    Add frequency modulation to input signal
    Low or High pass filter
    Set pre-gain and dry/wet levels
    Background audio
    Audio Unit Extension, Audiobus, Inter-App Audio support
    20 built-in presets
    Ability to save and randomize parameters
    Realtime waveform scope visualizer
    COMING SOON…