Vatanator AU is out as IAP

edited August 4 in General

I see it was updated in the App Store today to include AU as an in-app purchase. A little weird, as I would not enjoy seeing what is becoming basic functionality as a paid extra. But I can live with it — as long as I know how much extra. It's not listed on the AppStore as far as I can tell. Anyone know how much it costs to use it as an AU?
@backpullver

Vatanator for iPad

https://vimeo.com/224483733

«1

Comments

  • Well, it says AU extension already purchased after updating. Tried it in BM3 and worked fine.

  • I bought it 3 days ago and the AU extensions is unlocked after updating. Great to have it!

  • Confirming that the whole $5.99 package includes the IAP.

  • edited August 4

    As noted, IAP is listed as 'purchased' once updated and did a quick open in GB and all looks well...

    EDIT: Actually, scratch that, not recording right now....will have to fiddle further, but don't feel like spending the rest of a fine Friday afternoon on that...

  • It's pretty cool to see this in Modstep. And if the sample import is as easy as it seems -- and allows kits to be brought in -- this will be a really welcome addition.

  • There is a bug in the Vatanator AU as it doesn't send out audio to the host in Audiobus 3, AUM, or BM3. You can hear the sound even though it isn't routed through the AU host which means you can't record it or otherwise manipulate its output.

  • @InfoCheck said:
    There is a bug in the Vatanator AU as it doesn't send out audio to the host in Audiobus 3, AUM, or BM3. You can hear the sound even though it isn't routed through the AU host which means you can't record it or otherwise manipulate its output.

    Confirmed....Just noticed that. Buzzkill.

  • edited August 4

    @ExAsperis99 said:
    It's pretty cool to see this in Modstep. And if the sample import is as easy as it seems -- and allows kits to be brought in -- this will be a really welcome addition.

    Hmmm.
    Yeah, well it certainly looks cool. But arming the track and recording the midi — while I did get audio — did not produce any midi data.

    EDIT: User error. Was enthralled with the AU pads, but it's the same as Ruismaker; the pads in the AU are there for previewing. The various drums in Vatanator are spread out all over the Modstep keyboard; multiple times, it seems. I haven't figured it out yet. But they're there.

  • edited August 4

    So, I am wrong.

  • @backpullver , can anyone advise how to save whatever the current setup is, as a new user preset? I can't find any info in the manual, and no demo vid shows saving a user preset.
    Thanks

  • edited August 4

    @RustiK said:
    So, I bought the iPad version. Support

    I bought the iPhone version. Support

    I personally now am a little insulted that having bought 2 versions of this app to this point I am being asked to pay again for AU use.

    I think I will pass for principle sake.

    Not a good vibe for me personally.

    Not even about the money at one point.

    I may be alone.

    You don't have to. As noted above, it's free when you update. I have no idea why they listed it as an IAP.

  • I would understand if the Dev charged us for adding AU as an IAP. We would be paying for his time & effort for making it an AU Unit. ;)

  • Just opened my one up. Does say purchased. So maybe the payment for the IAP was for the Free version?

  • Weirdest thing. I can create a new track with Vatanator AU in GB and it stays in time. As soon as I create a new track of any type the Vatanator tracks goes out of time. Playing at random times in response to simple MIDI notes.

    Happens 100 percent of the time. Totally unusable.

  • Anyone that's having issues - have you notified @backpullver ? They are pretty responsive.

  • Have anyone heard of an upcoming fix for the " no sound to host" issu?
    I bought it yesterday and was really looking fwd to use it as Auv3 in Aum.

  • @Philippe said:
    Have anyone heard of an upcoming fix for the " no sound to host" issu?
    I bought it yesterday and was really looking fwd to use it as Auv3 in Aum.

    I'm using it in AUM right now and it's working as expected.

  • edited August 12

    It says Au purchased but i have no sound;I restored purchase and i repay 7,99 euros.What the hell happens with this vatanator .Mmmmh 7,99 Euros to get the au extension is a bit expensive .And it doesn't work better now ...I am asking a refund this is a shame

  • I'd check in with the dev. When I updated my IAP was active. I didn't pay anything extra. And it works as AU in AUM for me.

  • Nothing works and i paid twice. I am mad ...Why the hell must we paid an au update as an IAP ? Is it a new concept ? However i like this old fashion drums but i don't understand what the dev wanted ...

  • edited August 12

    @anickt said:

    @Philippe said:
    Have anyone heard of an upcoming fix for the " no sound to host" issu?
    I bought it yesterday and was really looking fwd to use it as Auv3 in Aum.

    I'm using it in AUM right now and it's working as expected.

    While I can hear the sound from AU Vatanator in AUM, it's being routed directly to the system audio output and not to AUM. This means I can't effect or record the sound. The developer is aware of this bug and they're trying to fix it in the next couple of days.

  • Actually I'm quite ok with the idea of paying extra to get AU as an extra feature on old apps where extra work has had to be done.

    Wouldn't like to see it as an iap in new apps though.

  • @InfoCheck said:

    @anickt said:

    @Philippe said:
    Have anyone heard of an upcoming fix for the " no sound to host" issu?
    I bought it yesterday and was really looking fwd to use it as Auv3 in Aum.

    I'm using it in AUM right now and it's working as expected.

    While I can hear the sound from AU Vatanator in AUM, it's being routed directly to the system audio output and not to AUM. This means I can't effect or record the sound. The developer is aware of this bug and they're trying to fix it in the next couple of days.

    There is a bug in the sound as an AU it's a fact but there is mostly an enormous bug in the IAP, i paid 7,99 euros for nothing. All the others dev update their app as AU freely , why should we pay it as an IAP ? And i prefer not to speak of the old midi setting bugs who crashes my ipad constantly in the first version of the app. Vatanator is a good drums (i like vintage kits) but too much bugs ...

  • @grego68 said:

    @InfoCheck said:

    @anickt said:

    @Philippe said:
    Have anyone heard of an upcoming fix for the " no sound to host" issu?
    I bought it yesterday and was really looking fwd to use it as Auv3 in Aum.

    I'm using it in AUM right now and it's working as expected.

    While I can hear the sound from AU Vatanator in AUM, it's being routed directly to the system audio output and not to AUM. This means I can't effect or record the sound. The developer is aware of this bug and they're trying to fix it in the next couple of days.

    There is a bug in the sound as an AU it's a fact but there is mostly an enormous bug in the IAP, i paid 7,99 euros for nothing. All the others dev update their app as AU freely , why should we pay it as an IAP ? And i prefer not to speak of the old midi setting bugs who crashes my ipad constantly in the first version of the app. Vatanator is a good drums (i like vintage kits) but too much bugs ...

    I didn't experience the AU IAP bug as it updated and said it was already purchased. You might want to contact the developer and get a refund of your IAP purchase from Apple since the AU clearly isn't working as expected.

  • @InfoCheck said:

    @anickt said:

    @Philippe said:
    Have anyone heard of an upcoming fix for the " no sound to host" issu?
    I bought it yesterday and was really looking fwd to use it as Auv3 in Aum.

    I'm using it in AUM right now and it's working as expected.

    While I can hear the sound from AU Vatanator in AUM, it's being routed directly to the system audio output and not to AUM. This means I can't effect or record the sound. The developer is aware of this bug and they're trying to fix it in the next couple of days.

    You're right. My mistake.

  • @anickt said:

    @InfoCheck said:

    @anickt said:

    @Philippe said:
    Have anyone heard of an upcoming fix for the " no sound to host" issu?
    I bought it yesterday and was really looking fwd to use it as Auv3 in Aum.

    I'm using it in AUM right now and it's working as expected.

    While I can hear the sound from AU Vatanator in AUM, it's being routed directly to the system audio output and not to AUM. This means I can't effect or record the sound. The developer is aware of this bug and they're trying to fix it in the next couple of days.

    You're right. My mistake.

    Yes, it's a very weird bug as everything seems fine until you try to route or record the sound from Vatanator. I haven't had any other AU app with this particular bug before, hopefully they'll figure it out and update soon.

  • One thing I like about Vatanator is it responds to AUM transport controls. Much more useful than all those that don't.

  • Did they ever fix this bug?

  • @Carnbot said:
    Did they ever fix this bug?

    Emailed the developer a few days ago. Update was pushed back but said he's hoping to have it up by end of next week.

  • @DCJ said:

    @Carnbot said:
    Did they ever fix this bug?

    Emailed the developer a few days ago. Update was pushed back but said he's hoping to have it up by end of next week.

    ok thanks :)

Sign In or Register to comment.