Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Which iOS DAWs support track-level automation of IAA and AUv3 parameters?

I've found lots of apps that can automate plugin parameters on a pattern-level basis, and BM3 and Modstep are the ones I have the most experience with so far. Does Auria Pro or any other DAW do this on a global, track level?

Comments

• Sunday bump?

Seems like, from my research, maybe just Auria Pro handles this? Correct me if there's another DAW that does.

• Auria Pro, for sure (but I think you must draw the automation, it won’t write from the Au’s GUI) Don’t know about any other. Perhaps BM3, but I don’t have it.

• Only BM3 supports true AU automation at the moment.

• AUM supports MIDI control of these parameters so if you host an AU in AUM and send a MIDI control sequence from a DAW, AUM can route it to control the AUM hosted AU app. This can be a method for adding de facto AU automation to DAWs which don't provide this type of MIDI support for AU parameters.

• I made a couple of good phrases with Troublemaker that I added into Gadget for my upcoming “303 Day” track using Multitrack Studio. It also has full AU automation and is a more “traditional DAW” alternative to BM3. Note input is less confusing than it used to be, although not as user-friendly as Gadget. :)

• Wouldn't a combination of Xequence + AUM work well for this kind of thing?