Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SeekBeats works with Audiobus in iOS 7 but only if you launch it from Audiobus

edited September 2013 in General App Discussion

Hey there, I'm the developer of SeekBeats.

The current version of SeekBeats (1.0.1) only works with Audiobus if you first launch Audiobus and then from there you launch SeekBeats. It won't work if SeekBeats it's already open. Close SeekBeats (but make sure you save your session first!), and then launch it from inside Audiobus. This seems to happen only in iOS 7.

(I'm testing it on an iPhone 4S, haven't tested it on other devices).

I'm working on solving this problem as soon as possible. I apologize for the inconvenience.

(Not sure if this is the right place to post this but since many of you have been wondering about apps and iOS 7, felt like maybe some will want to know.)

cheers!

• rodrigo

Comments

• edited September 2013

Thanks Rodrigo and welcome. I've always understood that all apps should be launched from Audiobus. For one thing it sets the buffer size. I believe this was AB teams recommendation.

• oh really? didn't know that (hehe), but it seemed to work fine on iOS 6.

Also after you've opened the app (and didn't launch it from Audiobus), every time you leave the app and go back to it, it shows an "Audiobus initialization problem" alert, even if Audiobus is not open, so clearly that should not happen.

Working on it though :)

• edited September 2013

Thanks for the update and for the awesome app...I like the updated graphics, much clearer on iPad!

• thanks JMSexton!! i'm working on an iPad native UI update though ;)

• edited September 2013

"i'm working on an iPad native UI update though" / Rugoso

Great! That pop-in menu that's on all the 3.5" devices but not on the 4" devices always confuses me for some weird reason when I use SeekBeats on the iPad. On iPhone 5 it's always open/implemented into the UI, but iPad defaults to the 4:3 formats obviously so...Anyway, this is by far the best sounding synth drummachine on the AppStore, it's also by far the most versatile when it comes to the different types of drum sounds it can synthesize up for ya. And since the synth engine is so versatile it can obviously do more then drum/percussions, I've been having lots of fun doing some really nice sounding basslines along with the drums. The sound parameter randomizer in this is also pure gold, so much so that I'd love a delete snapshots function (I end up saving so many!). :)

Edit: A "song" mode would be my second feature request btw.

• I would like to see some more beat resolutions in the repeat function.

• edited September 2013

Hey thanks for the feedback!

You can delete snapshots!! (since version 1.0):

• Swipe to the left or right on any snapshot in the recall snapshots view and a delete button will appear on the very right of that row ... you can do the same with sessions and sounds.

I have to make this clearer, right now seems like an easter egg :S.

• No that was the first thing I tried as it's the standard gesture to delete, but I always had the pop-in menu on the right open, coverering the red delete button (I mostly use it on the iPad so). Thanks!:)

• @rugoso said:

thanks JMSexton!! i'm working on an iPad native UI update though ;)

Hi, any chance for a function where you can add a row of notes by simply swiping sideways rather then inputting them one by one? That would be great for quick drawing of hihats etc. thanks

• edited May 2014

@rugosa
    Killer app! Since we are asking-
    midi note and cc automation input for for sequencing SeekBests with our favorite midi controllers/DAWs would truly be sweet

• What's the deal with some beats not sounding properly if more than one drum is playing in a particular step? Is this intentional?

(Great app, btw!)

• Yeah there's muting options, if you go into the edit screen for each sound, the faders are on the right.

• Aha! Thanks, I didn't notice that!

• Really? The default is to mute if sounds are simultaneous?! I had assumed the app wasn't capable of playing a bass drum and snare/tom sound at the same time - drove me nuts!

What's the best way to export a loop for copy/paste? Is it on the snapshot screen? I actually really like the app but struggle navigating it.

• @StormJH1 said:

Really? The default is to mute if sounds are simultaneous?! I had assumed the app wasn't capable of playing a bass drum and snare/tom sound at the same time - drove me nuts!

What's the best way to export a loop for copy/paste? Is it on the snapshot screen? I actually really like the app but struggle navigating it.

Hahahahaha, haha, haha, ha. Sorry found it slightly funny ;)

• I was only kinda joking. I got it a few weeks ago and noticed that if you did a four on the floor bass drum pattern, and then added other sounds over those quarter note hits, it would seem to make the bass drum go away. I didn't snoop around further because I didn't know what to think of it - no other rhythm app that I have does that, especially by default.

• I see now that there is no export by .wav functionality. That's a bummer. I know it has AudioBus and is one of the best apps with MIDI sync, but loop exporting functionality (whether Copy/Paste; DropBox; or "Open In") is a pretty basic feature of even pre-AudioBus era drum apps. Especially for as creative and fun it is to create unique rhythms with this app on-the-go, it's a bummer that there is zero way to capture/save them outside the app unless you get a full AudioBus chain going with a recording app. Please consider ACP in future updates!

Note: The muting controls were the problem to the note killing thing, thanks. I didn't notice them before I read this.

• Audio Copy is pretty essential, though as a by-product of its current non-inclusion I am improving my split-second timing on the play button, I suppose. :D

• @StormJH1 Maybe having it active as a default was developers way to encourage us to discover that feature. Just like an egg hunt.

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

Audio Copy is pretty essential, though as a by-product of its current non-inclusion I am improving my split-second timing on the play button, I suppose. :D

As a byproduct of its non-inclusion, I am improving my ability to slide beats over into the proper timing in my DAW after I f%&k up hitting the play button :)

But, seriously, it needs ACP.

@supadom said:

@StormJH1 Maybe having it active as a default was developers way to encourage us to discover that feature. Just like an egg hunt.

You just may be onto something there! Kind of a strange feature if you think about it - "I want to make sure that if sound 7 is active, it mutes out sound 2". Well why did you program sounds 2 and 7 on the same beat?! (I suppose it's one way to prevent spikes in the overall volume if you have multiple instruments at once going)

• @StormJH1 said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

Audio Copy is pretty essential, though as a by-product of its current non-inclusion I am improving my split-second timing on the play button, I suppose. :D

As a byproduct of its non-inclusion, I am improving my ability to slide beats over into the proper timing in my DAW after I f%&k up hitting the play button :)

Speaking of, I found that Cubasis seems to only be able to move events in 64ths even with the grid off - whatever the exact figure is, I found that there was one mistimed recording that I couldn't quite line up with the exact beginning of a bar!